Forums > Windsurfing General

Pre ordering 2020 gear

Created by Orange Whip Two weeks ago, 4 Jul 2019
Orange Whip
QLD, 598 posts
4 Jul 2019 6:39PM
Thumbs Up

So several retailers are offering discounts on orders for 2020 gear. I don't understand how you can order gear when the details/specs/catalogues are not yet available to the average punter. Am I missing something?

southsea
6 posts
4 Jul 2019 4:45PM
Thumbs Up

sensible question - but not everyone is sensible - And you cant blame the retailers as its hard enough to qualify why someone should upgrade as the changes these days are cosmetic or change of direction rather then a performance leap.

Orange Whip
QLD, 598 posts
4 Jul 2019 6:51PM
Thumbs Up

I'm not blaming the retailers or anyone. Give me a catalogue and I'll more than likely find something I want but don't necessarily need

Imax1
VIC, 2062 posts
4 Jul 2019 8:00PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Orange Whip said..
Give me a catalogue and I'll more than likely find something I want but don't necessarily need

A true windsurfer indeed .

Tardy
3025 posts
5 Jul 2019 4:03AM
Thumbs Up

yeah crazy idea alright ..but a shop keepers delight bringing in a shipment of gear and its all pre sold ...I'll have to ask the misses if i can get something .

Orange Whip
QLD, 598 posts
5 Jul 2019 11:33AM
Thumbs Up

I guess its similar to the 'married at first sight' concept. You commit to the deal months out not knowing what sort of ride you're going to get when you finally get to handle the goods.

Alex_sc
WA, 58 posts
5 Jul 2019 10:05AM
Thumbs Up

There's not much sexier than new season gear...

DarrylG
WA, 197 posts
5 Jul 2019 10:08AM
Thumbs Up

If you go in and talk to your local shop they often have more information and details on next years gear. They are just not allowed to publish anything as the gear technically is not released yet.

Tardy
3025 posts
5 Jul 2019 2:24PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Orange Whip said..
I guess its similar to the 'married at first sight' concept. You commit to the deal months out not knowing what sort of ride you're going to get when you finally get to handle the goods.

ITS always been a dream ,you'll get the new girl in town and everyone want to look at it ...

I'M a last years superseded bargain hunter ...$$$$ this week , not finished yet I don't mind older girls

Imax1
VIC, 2062 posts
5 Jul 2019 4:46PM
Thumbs Up

OK , whos going to mention that older sails and girls are just fine , they just need more downhaul ?

Orange Whip
QLD, 598 posts
5 Jul 2019 6:55PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Imax1 said..
OK , whos going to mention that older sails and girls are just fine , they just need more downhaul ?

But Imax, I'm sure I've seen you on here previously expressing your sensual gratification for the smell of a young one

Imax1
VIC, 2062 posts
5 Jul 2019 7:08PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Orange Whip said..

Imax1 said..

But Imax, I'm sure I've seen you on here previously expressing your sensual gratification for the smell of a young one

You have me mixed up with someone else . Possibly .
The only young one that happens in my life is a new hair growing out of my ear .
other than that ,
im sure I've never shared my dreams here , and , nobody can take that away from me .

I'll never trade in my ol mainsail .
She lets me be me. Most of the time .
There is no way a newer model will keep me so well.

Orange Whip
QLD, 598 posts
5 Jul 2019 7:56PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Imax1 said..

Orange Whip said..

Imax1 said..

The only young one that happens in my life is a new hair growing out of my ear .
other than that ,
im sure I've never shared my dreams here , and , nobody can take that away from me .

Sounds like you've got a recent purchase on the way that you had to get signed off by the mainsail

Imax1
VIC, 2062 posts
5 Jul 2019 8:36PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Orange Whip said..

Imax1 said..

Orange Whip said..

Imax1 said..

other than that ,

Sounds like you've got a recent purchase on the way that you had to get signed off by the mainsail

Psssst , here's the secret .
Make sure your new purchases have the same sail bag colour , that's what she said .
She knows exactly what I'm doing .
Not bad for a battle axe

Tardy
3025 posts
5 Jul 2019 6:41PM
Thumbs Up

IT'S a great marketing ploy ..I wonder if they will start doing that with cars ? hardly ...only in windsurfing

good thought max ...

Orange Whip
QLD, 598 posts
5 Jul 2019 8:45PM
Thumbs Up

How the hell do I work out what colour the sail bag is when I don't even know the dimensions, number of battens, number of cams, wind range and recommended mast of the sail I'm pre-ordering

forceten
730 posts
5 Jul 2019 10:31PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Alex_sc said..
There's not much sexier than new season gear...

You have not seen COLORADO girls then

BSN101
WA, 1620 posts
5 Jul 2019 10:39PM
Thumbs Up

Im looking for a set of European girls next season, all class and not from one of the usual moulds...... classy one of a kind (here)

FNQBilly
QLD, 49 posts
6 Jul 2019 10:28AM
Thumbs Up

I've just started pre ordering 2019 gear from the competitors who don't want to fly home with it ???? after the Nationals this year. That's as new as I'll ever get ??

Orange Whip
QLD, 598 posts
6 Jul 2019 6:32PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
FNQBilly said..
I've just started pre ordering 2019 gear from the competitors who don't want to fly home with it ???? after the Nationals this year. That's as new as I'll ever get ??

Nice one.

I'll be waiting for all those 2020 pre-orderers to put their unwanted previous season wares on SB buy and sell. You gotta love picking up gear in vgc for a good price

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing General

"Pre ordering 2020 gear" started by Orange Whip