Forums > Windsurfing General

windsurf vic

Created by pook > 9 months ago, 17 Nov 2009
pook
TAS, 29 posts
17 Nov 2009 9:45AM
Thumbs Up

Hi all, myself and two other windsurfers from Tassie would like to come across the pond and try the sailing in Victoria. Can anybody tell me of a good time in January to come over that would be around the same time as some of your competition or sailing days that you have.

Cheers

mr love
VIC, 2308 posts
17 Nov 2009 10:26AM
Thumbs Up

Pook , The following link is the calendar for WV. Take a look.
www.wv.org.au/index.php?option=com_content&task=category§ionid=4&id=13&Itemid=46

windaddict
VIC, 1121 posts
17 Nov 2009 10:27AM
Thumbs Up

pook said...

Hi all, myself and two other windsurfers from Tassie would like to come across the pond and try the sailing in Victoria. Can anybody tell me of a good time in January to come over that would be around the same time as some of your competition or sailing days that you have.

Cheers

As far as windy days in Jan, I don't think there really is going to be too much of a difference in any part of this month. Maybe the earlier part of Jan "could" be better for sea breezes. We normally get some good howling hot northerlies and occasional south easterlies in Jan - Feb.

Here is a link to Windsurfing Victoria's calendar of events : www.wv.org.au/index.php?option=com_content&task=category§ionid=4&id=13&Itemid=46

Where abouts in Vic do you plan to sail? On the surf coast, the bay or over to the gippsland side ?

Edit: Beaten by Mr Love

windtechno
VIC, 372 posts
18 Nov 2009 12:24AM
Thumbs Up

and get a pen my friend thease are the beaches that will make ya mouth water. west side: point danger, works s-sw, point henry all winds, east side in the bay green point N-NW dendy st S, SW ricketts point E, SE and on to the coast: point leo, inverloch, and the pit.

by the way i would like a list from you my friend cause i want to head your way some time

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing General

"windsurf vic" started by pook