Forums > Windsurfing   Gps and Speed talk

Canmore Trouble

Created by spanishwog > 9 months ago, 19 Jul 2016
spanishwog
QLD, 114 posts
19 Jul 2016 10:13PM
Thumbs Up

Let me start by saying I am not much of a tech head.
Went to Burrum on the weekend and had a big day on Saturday - got off the water and was absolutely buggered - looked at my canmore and I had clocked big k's - PB for me.
Get home and go to post the session but there were no files showing in my activities. Actually the Activities will not open.

I took the device for a drive today to see if it was just a one off but again no file shows.

Any ideas?

decrepit
WA, 11829 posts
19 Jul 2016 8:33PM
Thumbs Up

The only problem I'm aware of with the Canmore, is the full memory one. When it's connected to the computer, have a look at properties to see what the available memory is. The problem usually is a very full hidden file filled with error logs. I'm not sure how to view this file in windows, but in linux you just select "show hidden files" in the file browser.

seanhogan
QLD, 3424 posts
20 Jul 2016 7:40AM
Thumbs Up

your activities folder is not showing as a folder (yellow) that's very unusual...

Try a factory reset to see if the folder re appears.

Gustenzo
WA, 108 posts
20 Jul 2016 9:43AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
If you have a Mac it is easily overcome, although you have lost you data from that session. I just open then canmore file on desktop highlight everything inside it (Activities, device, poi, etc.) copy it. Paste to my desktop. Open disk utility (use finder if you can't locate). Click on canmore then the erase tab, then erase files. Take <5 minutes. Once done copy the file you saved on you desktop and paste it back into the canmore. I do this every 2-3 session just to make sure the canmore stays clean and I don't lose tracks. To double check you can always right click on the canmore hit get info and you should have 3.1g of space available (as long as you have not tracks saved on there at that point in time. Always ejects the canmore properly (and promptly once indicated safe to do so) and keep the battery full. I have no more probe with my canmore since I have used these steps. They are a bit temperamental but they are cheap and they do the job. Also they work with Mac!

<div>Hope this helps

spanishwog
QLD, 114 posts
25 Jul 2016 10:01PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks guys.
Seems to be plenty of free space - had a crack at the fixes but not having any success. Patience are waring thin so have emailed the seller for a fix.
Wished I lived in a world wear stuff just worked when you plug it in. But than again - I am a man who is more comfortable with a hammer in my hand so it could just be me.
cheers

BSN101
WA, 2244 posts
25 Jul 2016 11:08PM
Thumbs Up

We had a dud Canmore and the seller replaced it no questioned asked, within the week. It was about 2-3 mths old.

fin151
47 posts
27 Jul 2016 1:33PM
Thumbs Up

I once had that all .fit files inside the Activities folder disappeared, but the used disk space was still 2.8MB and left was only 3KB. What I did to fix it was that I copied the GP-102 folder to C:\Temp (in your case make sure that the "Activities" and "NewFiles" is not file, but a folder. If that is the case then just delete Actvities and NewFiles and recreate them as folders using right-click, New->Folder on Windows). Then I formatted the whole Canmore "drive" (in my computer it was D:) using FAT and copied back the GP-102 folder onto it. Now I had about 42KB used and free was 2.8 MB again.'

I hope that makes sense. I think this is more or less the same what Gustenzo did on Mac. I think there is a bug in the Canmore when the disk gets full. So once there is 2 MB used I would remove/backup all .fit files.

spanishwog
QLD, 114 posts
15 Sep 2016 9:03PM
Thumbs Up

Hey guys - thanks with your help - think I worked it out ready to get back on the water.
cheers

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing   Gps and Speed talk

"Canmore Trouble" started by spanishwog