Forums > Windsurfing   Gps and Speed talk

Tons of 2 sec PBs broken in NSW

Created by Mobydisc > 9 months ago, 26 May 2013
Mobydisc
NSW, 9018 posts
26 May 2013 9:38AM
Thumbs Up

Last Friday many established and experienced GPSTC sailors achieved speed PBs at a new spot them, Harrington NSW on the mid north coast. There was incredible weather with strong winds and heavy rain caused by a deep low pressure system off the coast.

I was passing through so pulled off the highway to take some video. I could not go sailing myself as I didn't have the time. The video been put together in a short clip with some music I've put together, to get around the utube copyright/3rd party nasty emails. Pretty difficult filming conditions. The tripod was on a concrete path ontop of the breakwall. The wind kept blowing it around. I tried getting onto the beach to take video from a different vantage point but was sandblasted back to the breakwall. The video has already been posted in the NSW forum. I think its relevant here too. Its not every day that GPSTC sailors who have posted ten or twenty thousand kms get a speed PB.

elmo
WA, 8659 posts
26 May 2013 8:00AM
Thumbs Up

Nice work

lao shi
SA, 1270 posts
26 May 2013 9:42AM
Thumbs Up

Great job on getting some good footage in nasty conditions and risking your gear.
Looks like a great spot.
Well done to all who got PBs

sboardcrazy
NSW, 7917 posts
26 May 2013 11:10AM
Thumbs Up

Great video.. Was that Bryon early on with the blue sail + little white board.. Certainly looked on the edge.. Congrats on the speeds..All are amazing especially Byrons 41.99kts ! I'll leave those speeds up to you guys...

firiebob
WA, 3129 posts
26 May 2013 9:36AM
Thumbs Up

Awesome, great stuff

byronmc
NSW, 500 posts
26 May 2013 12:17PM
Thumbs Up

What a day some photos I took having to much fun to take to many.
The 500m plus walk in and out on the break wall was painful especially at the end of the day.
The run was too short to get to top speed as you were still accelerating when hitting the chop at 42 knots. If the wind had a bit more south in it would be a quicker run as well. You also need to have low tide, Still not complaining very happy.
No weed so I could use the 21cm sling shot how good is it compared to a weed fin.
Used CA44 with 5.5 maui TR8 25 to 35 knots.
Sand every where and I mean everywhere. Still finding it in my ears and eyes. Washing out my gear today has sand every where.
It was so much fun sailing with every one and a big congratulation to every one for the PBS smashed. Every one was so friendly.
Nice to meet new faces
Stayed at the pub with Greg, cheap accommodation & top feed but to many beers I thought I could drink, I met my match in Greg. Had a great day and night.

There are photos on GPS web site.
This Video is unreal for the trying conditions.

sboardcrazy
NSW, 7917 posts
26 May 2013 4:53PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
byronmc said..

What a day some photos I took having to much fun to take to many.
The 500m plus walk in and out on the break wall was painful especially at the end of the day.
The run was too short to get to top speed as you were still accelerating when hitting the chop at 42 knots. If the wind had a bit more south in it would be a quicker run as well. You also need to have low tide, Still not complaining very happy.
No weed so I could use the 21cm sling shot how good is it compared to a weed fin.
Used CA44 with 5.5 maui TR8 25 to 35 knots.
Sand every where and I mean everywhere. Still finding it in my ears and eyes. Washing out my gear today has sand every where.
It was so much fun sailing with every one and a big congratulation to every one for the PBS smashed. Every one was so friendly.
Nice to meet new faces
Stayed at the pub with Greg, cheap accommodation & top feed but to many beers I thought I could drink, I met my match in Greg. Had a great day and night.

There are photos on GPS web site.
This Video is unreal for the trying conditions.

Boy your board looked on the edge! Any stacks? They would have hurt at that speed?

stroppo
WA, 727 posts
26 May 2013 8:17PM
Thumbs Up

Top stuff thanks for that what a great spot in those conditions I wish I was there

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing   Gps and Speed talk

"Tons of 2 sec PBs broken in NSW" started by Mobydisc