Marmong Point Sailing Club are pleased to announce that the club will be holding a regatta series this coming year to add to our already popular Mid Winter Classic event. As the name suggests there will be 4 regattas combining to make a series, one for each season.
The first will be on the weekend of the 18th and 19th of September 2010, the Spring Regatta.
We hope to have prizes in place for each regatta and for the overall series winners to be presented at next years Mid Winters Classic. There will also be a series tee shirt available.
Hope to see lots of people turn up to NSW's home of windsurfing Lake Macquarie for what will be a great event and series, now and into the future.
Note that the club website listed above is still under construction - we will post a notice on Seabreeze when it goes live.
NOTICE OF SERIES
THE FOUR SEASONS SERIES, 2010-11
• PRINCIPLE LOCATION: MARMONG POINT SAILING CLUB
• SECONDARY LOCATIONS (DEPENDING ON CONDITIONS): ANY LAUNCH SITE IN LAKE MACQUARIE DEEMED SUITABLE BY MPSC.
1. SPRING 18TH & 19TH SEPTEMBER 2010
2. SUMMER 11TH & 12TH DECEMBER 2010 (OR 8TH & 9TH JANUARY 2011)
3. AUTUMN 19TH & 20TH MARCH 2011
4. WINTER 16TH & 17TH JULY 2011 (FINAL EVENT)
DATES SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITH 14 DAYS NOTICE.
3. ORGANISING AUTHORITY:
MARMONG POINT SAILING CLUB.
• THIS SERIES WILL BE GOVERNED BY THE CURRENT ISAF RACING RULES; EXCEPT WHERE ALTERED BY THIS NOTICE OF SERIES OR THE NOR / SAILING INSTRUCTIONS FOR AN EACH HEAT. WHERE THERE IS CONFLICT, THE SAILING INSTRUCTIONS WILL TAKE PRECEDENCE.
• ENTRY FEES
1ST EVENT ENTRY FEE = ENTRY FEE OF $30.00 FOR EACH EVENT ($20 FOR YOUTHS). ENTRY FEE IS PAYABLE AT THE TIME OF REGISTRATION.
RESULTS WILL BE ASSESSED IN THE FOLLOWING DIVISIONS
2. FORMULA EXPERIENCE PLUS (FE+)
3. YOUTH — COMPETITORS WHO HAVE NOT REACHED THE AGE OF 20 YEARS, AS OF THE FIRST DAY OF THE FIRST HEAT OF THE SERIES.
• COMPETITORS WILL NEED TO NOMINATE THE DIVISION OF RACING HE/SHE WISHES TO COMPETE AT THEIR FIRST REGISTRATION.
• COMPETITORS WILL RACE IN THEIR NOMINATED DIVISION FOR THE WHOLE OF THE SERIES.
NO LIMITATION ON EQUIPMENT.
• SLALOM RACING -
NO LIMITATION ON EQUIPMENT:
• FORMULA WINDSURFING-
EQUIPMENT RESTRICTION TO APPLY, AS PER THE CURRENT INTERNATIONAL FORMULA RULES. CUSTOM BOARDS COMPLYING WITH THESE RULES MAY BE USED.
MAXIMUM SAIL OPEN DIVISION = 12.5 SQUARE METERS.
MAXIMUM SAIL YOUTH, JUNIOR, WOMAN = 11 SQUARE METERS.
7. SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
REGISTRATION AND SAILING INSTRUCTIONS
COMPETITOR REGISTRATION AND EQUIPMENT CHECKING WILL BE CONDUCTED AT THE VENUE IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE EVENT SCHEDULE.
EVENT SCHEDULE (SUBJECT TO WIND CONDITIONS)
• DAY ONE
REGISTRATION 10.30 – 11.30 HRS
BRIEFING 1130 HRS
RACING 1200 HRS
• DAY TWO
BRIEFING 1030 HRS
RACING 1100 HRS
8. COMPETITION FORMAT:
• SUBJECT TO WEATHER CONDITIONS, RACING MAY INVOLVE MARATHON, SLALOM, AND/OR COURSE RACING.
• IT IS THE INTENTION OF THE RACE COMMITTEE TO CONDUCT COURSE RACING IN WIND STRENGTHS FROM 7 KNOTS
• SLALOM RACING IN WIND STRENGTHS OF NO LESS THAN 15 KNOTS.
• MARATHON RACES WILL BE HELD AT THE RACE COMMITTEES DISCRETION.
GENERALLY FIGURE 8 OR DOWNWIND “M” COURSE CONFIGURATION.
COMPETITORS MAY BE DIVIDED INTO HEATS ON A RANDOM BASIS, DEPENDENT UPON THE NUMBER OF COMPETITORS.
LONG DISTANCE RACING. IT IS INTENDED TO RACE TO AND FROM LANDMARKS, BUOYS AND/OR ANCORED BOATS.
• COURSE RACING:
COURSE CONFIGURATION WILL GENERALLY HAVE A WINDWARD COMPONENT.
• FLEET RACING – ALL DIVISIONS START AND COMPETE ON THE SAME COURSE.
• 7.1 COURSES
THE COURSE TO BE SAILED WILL BE POSTED ON THE OFFICIAL NOTICE BOARD NO LATER THAN 15 MINUTES PRIOR TO THE SCHEDULED STARTING TIME FOR RACING ON EACH DAY.
• NO CAP ON NUMBER OF RACES FOR A HEAT.
9. CONDITIONS OF ELIGIBILITY TO COMPETE:
POINTS WILL NOT BE SCORED TOWARDS THE OVERALL SERIES UNLESS THE COMPETITOR IS A CURRENT FINANCIAL MEMBER OF A CLUB OR CLASS ASSOCIATION AFFILIATED WITH THE WINDSURFING NSW ASSOCIATION INC.
10. SERIES SCORING:
• THE SERIES WILL CONSIST OF 4 HEATS. SUNDAY OF HEAT 4 WILL COUNT TOWARDS THE SERIES.
• ELIGIBLE COMPETITORS SHALL SCORE POINTS TOWARDS THE SERIES POINT SCORE ON THE BASIS OF THEIR FINISHING POSITION AT EACH INDIVIDUAL HEAT AS FOLLOWS:
FINISHING POSITION IN HEAT POINTS TO OVERALL SERIES
FIRST = 1
SECOND = 2
THIRD = 3
• DID NOT FINISH n + 1
• DID NOT ENTER THE HEAT n + 2
(WHERE n EQUALS THE NUMBER OF COMPETITORS ENTERED IN THE HEAT)
• TIES IN THE SERIES WILL BE DECIDED IN FAVOUR OF THE COMPETITOR WHO HAS WON THE MOST NUMBER OF HEATS AND, IF THE TIE REMAINS, THE MOST NUMBER OF SECONDS AND SO ON UNTIL THE TIE IS BROKEN. IF TIE IS STILL NOT BROKEN THEN THE POINTS WILL BE SHARED.
• AN ELIGIBLE COMPETITORS TOTAL SCORE FOR THE SERIES SHALL BE THE SUM OF HIS/HERS SCORES FOR ALL HEATS.
• DISCARDS: IF 4 HEATS ARE COMPLETED THERE SHALL BE ONE DISCARD. EACH COMPETITOR’S WORST HEAT RESULT SHALL BE DISCARDED FROM HIS/HER TOTAL SCORE.
• THE COMPETITOR WITH THE LOWEST COMBINED SCORE FOR THE SLALOM AND FORMULA WILL BE THE “THE FOUR SEASON SERIES” WINNER.
• IF THERE IS A TIE THEN THE WINNER OF THE LAST RACE THAT BOTH COMPETITORS RACES AGAINST EACH OTHER WILL DETERMINE THE RESULT.
• THERE WILL BE SEPARATE RESULTS FOR FORMULA AND FE+ DIVISIONS.
PRIZES WILL BE PRESENTED TO:
THE FOUR SEASONS SERIES, 2010-11
Formula FIRST, SECOND & THIRD
Formula Experience PLUS, FIRST, SECOND & THIRD
12. SAIL NUMBERS
Sail numbers shall be in accordance with RRS 2009-12, Appendix G or as approved by the Race Committee. In the event of duplication, sail numbers registered with the Australian Windsurfing Association Inc. will be given preference for use.
All competitors whilst racing shall wear personal flotation devices.
14. ENTRY DISCLAIMER
It is the competitor’s sole decision to enter this Championship and to start and or to continue to compete. By way of entering, competitors acknowledge that participation in this Championship can be dangerous and accept that their participation is at their exclusive risk in every respect. In addition, by way of entering competitors shall hold harmless the organising authority, its officers, members, servants and agents and all other competitors in respect of all liability for injury to their person and or damage to their property howsoever arising from their participation or intended participation in this Championship. The organising authority, its officers, members, servants and agents accept no responsibility in respect of loss of life, personal injury or loss or damage to property which may be sustained by reason of a competitor’s participation or intended participation in this Heat or arising for whatever reason in connection with this Championship.
15. FURTHER INFORMATION
- contact Nathan Hohnberg or reply to this Seabreeze post
I reckon that about covers it guys! Great stuff & well done. I'll be there for sure
CONGRATS TO STEVE WALSH FOR CREATING AN AWESOME EVENT POSTER.
WEBSITE IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION
YOU CAN JUST SEE MY BOOF HEAD IN ONE OF THE PICTURES
For the formula experience class, can you use a regular formula gear, i.e. 2nd hand race gear, if your just a newbie? Is that what the plus means?
FE+ is a term we have used over here to create a "silver fleet" which only does one lap instead of two. Apart from that all of the other rules are the same as Formula, ie sails up to 12.5, carbon booms are allowed etc. Compare this to "official" Formula Experience where max sail size is 11, only up to 3 cams, aluminium booms etc.
It has been a great way to get new people into racing, often on gear that is a few years old but still works well for most people. Each year the top FE+ sailor is "encouraged" to move up to the main 2 lap Gold fleet. :) Farewell and good riddance Mr Ben555 :)
Ben, you are not so welcome in the "non-FE+" fleet either....
haha...you have a great memory...I totally forgot about that..
Brett, we're all looking forward to another season of "Kids say the darndest things" quotes from Gray and Scarlett
A reminder that the first of the series, the Spring Regatta is on in just under two weeks.
For those who are coming from out of town, and are not familiar with the area, there are the following accommodation options within a 10 minute drive of the club:
Teralba Lakeside Caravan Park - (02) 4958 5370
Toronto Caravan Park - (02) 4959 1271
Macquarie Inn - (02) 4958 8499
Toronto Catalina Motel - (02) 4959 4833
Warners at the Bay Hotel - (02) 4956 6477