Forums > Windsurfing Gear Reviews

2009 NeilPryde Alpha

Created by stehsegler > 9 months ago, 8 Sep 2008
stehsegler
WA, 3451 posts
8 Sep 2008 1:00PM
Thumbs Up

Along with a brand new 2009 JP FSW the friendly people at Windsurf and Snow also gave me a 2009 Neil Pryde Alpha 5.0 to test. I have used the Alphas for the past two years and currently own a set of '08 Alphas.

Neil Pryde really managed to improve an already great power wave sail. They slightly changed the shape compared to last year. This resulted in a sail that feels more compact and balanced. They also seem to have increased the wind range. I was using the sail in gusts about to about 35 knts on Saturday. While it felt big at times I was never really out of control.

Especially heavier riders I think will love this sail for use in waves. Also Freeriders looking for a sail in the 4.0 to 5.0 range for those days when it's really windy should also give this sail some serious consideration.

Compared to the '08 range it is also easier to feed the mast in and out of the sail. There is also less downhaul force required.

Anyone interested in a set of '08 Alphas in top condition? Cause I am upgrading to the '09 model!

dan berry
WA, 2562 posts
8 Sep 2008 3:35PM
Thumbs Up

If these sails can get gunther powered they must be the goods

stehsegler
WA, 3451 posts
8 Sep 2008 6:08PM
Thumbs Up

who is this gunther guy you are talking about?

dan berry
WA, 2562 posts
8 Sep 2008 8:00PM
Thumbs Up

A young portly german boy who has a hankerin' for chocolates

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing Gear Reviews

"2009 NeilPryde Alpha" started by stehsegler