Forums > Windsurfing Gear Reviews

2010 JP xcite ride opinions

Created by MDawg66 > 9 months ago, 7 Jan 2018
MDawg66
NSW, 10 posts
7 Jan 2018 8:11PM
Thumbs Up

This info is for those of you that may benefit from it. I Just returned to the sport from 1990,s equipment. Im 76kg intermediate sailor. First ride on the 120l xcite ride in 25-30 knots 5.5 naish force, jp 38 freeride fin. This was fun and overpowered to the extent a smaller fin was required to reduce lift. The board :Every person I asked about this board spoke so highly of the xcite id convinced myself not to get my hopes up and that it would most likely be only mildly better than the bic veloce 278 id been riding. To those helpful people I apologize as this board is so much more. It planes effortlessly even compensating for my limbs dangling about as i stumbled to find the straps and over sheeting the sail. I cant speak for other brand modern boards and I'd assume they all offer advantages over older boards. The xcite rides over chop at speed so comfortably it is astonishing. Before I sailed it I was only sailing flat water now I cant wait to sail offshore. Ive left out jibing as its still a work in progress lol. Happy to correspond if anyone has further questions.

TDG1959
WA, 23 posts
7 Jan 2018 8:36PM
Thumbs Up

Hello DMawg66
A lot has changed from the 1990's, discoes for one.
I have owned many X-Cite over the years and did enjoy them, I have now moved on to Tabou rockets and found my old knees liked the smoother ride.
I have not tried one, but the Severne fox has been quoted as better on your knees again.
Welcome back to such a fun past time.
Tony

Maddlad
WA, 321 posts
8 Jan 2018 8:45AM
Thumbs Up

I have a 2016 full carbon 105 Rocket as my small race board and it's fast and comfortable in my opinion.

MDawg66
NSW, 10 posts
17 Jan 2018 12:15AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
TDG1959 said..
Hello DMawg66
A lot has changed from the 1990's, discoes for one.
I have owned many X-Cite over the years and did enjoy them, I have now moved on to Tabou rockets and found my old knees liked the smoother ride.
I have not tried one, but the Severne fox has been quoted as better on your knees again.
Welcome back to such a fun past time.
Tony

Sounds like the tabou is magic. Thanks for your insights Tony may you be blown away

MDawg66
NSW, 10 posts
17 Jan 2018 12:19AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Maddlad said..
I have a 2016 full carbon 105 Rocket as my small race board and it's fast and comfortable in my opinion.

Been 30 plus last 2 days over in the east. 105l would be the go. Ive heard rockets are fast & pleasure to sail.

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing Gear Reviews

"2010 JP xcite ride opinions" started by MDawg66