281 posts
6 Jul 2013 6:00PM
Thumbs Up

thanks for pics..

AUS4
NSW, 975 posts
6 Jul 2013 9:59PM
Thumbs Up

They would have looked nicer in the pool.

AUS4
NSW, 975 posts
6 Jul 2013 10:00PM
Thumbs Up

They would have looked nicer in the pool.

TASSIEROCKS
TAS, 1636 posts
7 Jul 2013 12:01AM
Thumbs Up

Soooo looking forward to getting my rs2 this week

Exocet RS range look stunning

Cheers Russ

Waiting4wind
NSW, 1821 posts
7 Jul 2013 11:13AM
Thumbs Up

Your certainly wouldn't loose them in one of those green bags. !

Remi, any initial impressions on the red backs, how do they sail and compare to previous models?

Are the Dakine straps standard issue?

TASSIEROCKS
TAS, 1636 posts
7 Jul 2013 11:59AM
Thumbs Up

Remi what are you doing to your grass in Sydney looks like a ground keepers efforts must be all the rain....

Cheers Russ

The Windsurfing Shed
NSW, 278 posts
7 Jul 2013 12:17PM
Thumbs Up

Des,

The boards are sold with Exocet footstraps. We are using used Dakine to sell the demo boards with a set of new Exocet footstraps.

The boards look fast . They would have a quicker acceleration than previous models with the combination of thicker rails and smaller OFO for top speed. Patrice has certainly demonstared this during the Defi Wind with speeds in excess of 43 kts and 45 kts for the RS3 and RS2 respectivelly.

The added V around mast track also helps with upwind ability which again was critical during the Defi Wind in some of the races where some had to tack to get across the finish line. Fingers crossed for some wind aroudn Sydney to get these wet...

Russ,

At least the grass is not covered in snow You might the first to have a go on the RS2 looking at the forecast.

fanatic02
NSW, 286 posts
7 Jul 2013 7:46PM
Thumbs Up

Saw Byrons new ones today !!!! Looked even better than in the photos .

byronmc
NSW, 424 posts
7 Jul 2013 10:00PM
Thumbs Up

I love the look of my new RS2 and RS4 can not wait to use them but at this stage I will be waiting a whilst as NO wind on the horizon.
Keep us posted Russ looks like you have the best chance of wind in Tassie.
All I need now is to sell my other RS2.

TASSIEROCKS
TAS, 1636 posts
7 Jul 2013 10:34PM
Thumbs Up

I will do a review as soon as I get a chance for sure.

If RS2 is anything like the RS SPEED then it will be fantastic. I have had the Naish SP LTD 95 for a long time and love that board so the RS2 will be interesting in our high wind rough water spots. I will give it some stick off the wind a see how it runs not sure I will reach Patrice speeds in rough water any time soon This is the board that gets 80% of my windsurfing use in Tassie so It is going to be interesting getting the feel for the RED BACK!!!!

Cheers RUSS

snides8
WA, 1564 posts
7 Jul 2013 8:52PM
Thumbs Up

The slaloms look nice,not sure about a black board on a wa beach tho..

Think I want one of these gadgets!
Where do I get one!

TASSIEROCKS
TAS, 1636 posts
8 Jul 2013 9:10PM
Thumbs Up

Remi

Is there any chance of doing a Australian version of the RS speed competition open to all Exocet boards.

Like the RS SPEED competition in Europe. I am sure Patrice would donate a prize and we could run it via the windsurfing shed web site.

It would be good way to keep tabs on RS red back peak speeds across Australia and follow other Exocet riders enjoying the boards.

Cheers Russ

The Windsurfing Shed
NSW, 278 posts
9 Jul 2013 6:31PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
snides8 said..
Think I want one of these gadgets!
Where do I get one!

We can get these D2s in, just let us know.

Select to expand quote
TASSIEROCKS said..
Is there any chance of doing a Australian version of the RS speed competition open to all Exocet boards.

We are looking into it. We'll see if we can get this running by next summer.

TASSIEROCKS
TAS, 1636 posts
9 Jul 2013 8:46PM
Thumbs Up

Fantastic Remi and Patrice

I am more than happy to help coordinate it if you need?

Get a Exocet this summer and show Australia what you got

No holding back now GO E team!!

Scud
QLD, 37 posts
9 Jul 2013 9:31PM
Thumbs Up

2014 Exocet S-Cross Carbon arrived today. A couple of pics below. Not enough wind here for a test drive today.

byronmc
NSW, 424 posts
9 Jul 2013 9:36PM
Thumbs Up

I am looking forward to seeing the numbers on the new boards.
I am sure I will never do 45 knots on a slalom board that's just insane.
Love to be involved in a speed competition.

JEZ
WA, 376 posts
10 Jul 2013 12:28AM
Thumbs Up

Great review!

AJEaster
NSW, 655 posts
10 Jul 2013 10:02AM
Thumbs Up

Damn that RS2 looks like a sweet ride. Beautiful looking product. Looking fwd to seeing what it can do under the feet of B.Mac at S.Point this year

Scud
QLD, 37 posts
11 Jul 2013 11:39PM
Thumbs Up

Tried out the 2014 Exocet Scross Carbon 116 today at Shelly Beach (pic below). The 116 litre Scross comes with a 40cm G10 "slalom-style" fin. The board is 242cm long x 68cm wide.

Conditions were light with inconsistent gusts and random chop. I rigged a 7.5 Ezzy Lion for this first test ride.

The board felt really light under foot on the plane and the foot-straps were really comfy. I later compared the footstraps to a 2013 model Exocet CrossIV and the new footstraps felt significantly softer and less rigid. The ride was noticeable smooth for a carbon board. Small waves weren't a problem when breaking side-on over the rails. The board felt quick in a straight line. Conditions weren't good for planing gybes, but the board was stable during low-speed gybes and especially so (for the volume) when chugging in and out from the beach through the wind shadow.

The fin worked well with the 7.5 sail and never felt like slipping in the choppy conditions out wide. I'd reckon the stock standard 40cm fin could hold on up to 8.0. I'd definitely use a smaller fin for sails under 7.0. The board has small cut-outs on the tail (see pic below).

Overall, I'm very pleased with the ride and speed of the board. I'd recommend it for anyone who is looking for something quick, comfortable and general purpose.

TASSIEROCKS
TAS, 1636 posts
13 Jul 2013 8:23AM
Thumbs Up

RS2 has arrived

Damaged in freight on the deck, not major but frustrating e.go do not look after sailboards in freight or care!!!

Repaired it yesterday and it looks A1 again one sweet looking board in the hands

Sunday looks windy

seanhogan
3007 posts
13 Jul 2013 7:08AM
Thumbs Up

wow Tassie that sucks !!! glad you could have it repaired nicely....

always annoying when a new toy is damaged even before being tried !!

keen to read the sailing report !!

TASSIEROCKS
TAS, 1636 posts
13 Jul 2013 10:58AM
Thumbs Up

Lock and load BABY!!!!!!

Waiting4wind
NSW, 1821 posts
13 Jul 2013 3:23PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Scud said..

The board felt really light under foot on the plane and the foot-straps were really comfy.

good to hear they've improved the straps as not everyone has feet made of steel!

@ tassierocks - keen to hear what sail sizes you use with board, and if its not a personal question, what is your weight?

TASSIEROCKS
TAS, 1636 posts
13 Jul 2013 6:50PM
Thumbs Up

My weight is 95kg and I am 6'3"

Cheers Russ

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing Gear Reviews

"2014 Exocet Boards" started by The Windsurfing Shed