- Narrower and straighter outline
- Volume and rail thickness = speed and control in choppy conditions
- 2 constructions

S-Line - High end performance:

- high end performance with great ease of use
- Increase in volume with 'narrow' width
- 2 constructions available

RS-Slalom - Faster and Faster:

Looking for Team Riders in your state, give us a ring!

Enjoy,
Remi

fanatic02
NSW, 300 posts
19 Aug 2014 3:59PM
Thumbs Up

They are fast boards and Jybe well , I hope
They are stronger than the previous models
, I've got a rs3 that's needed the deck reinforced and a rs speed 50 that the tail has nearly snapped off. !

westozwind
WA, 1379 posts
19 Aug 2014 2:23PM
Thumbs Up

Yep, we used to call them flex-o-snaps.
i'm sure they have it sorted now...???

fanatic02
NSW, 300 posts
19 Aug 2014 4:34PM
Thumbs Up

My rs speed 50 is only 10 months old ,
Waiting on a warranty claim.
Maybe Remi can shed some light on if the
Boards have improved and how the warranty is
Going

AJEaster
NSW, 695 posts
19 Aug 2014 5:49PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
fanatic02 said..
I've got a rs3 that's needed the deck reinforced and a rs speed 50 that the tail has nearly snapped off. !

Man, that sux. I have a quiver of 2012 Falcon Slalom and Speeds and they are pretty light, but after 2 years they are still like new on the deck and the bottom, and I am 94kg and ride them pretty hard.

I wonder if it is just bad luck that you got two poor quality boards, or are they just generally built light and are much more fragile with everyday sailing as a result? Either way I hope you get the warranty sorted.

KevinD002
226 posts
19 Aug 2014 4:23PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
fanatic02 said...
My rs speed 50 is only 10 months old ,
Waiting on a warranty claim.
Maybe Remi can shed some light on if the
Boards have improved and how the warranty is
Going

Hopefully the warranty goes thru! I bought an ahd last year and that thing developed soft spots within the 5th use. Dealer refused to help and the company seemingly ignored my emails :/.

fanatic02
NSW, 300 posts
19 Aug 2014 6:32PM
Thumbs Up

That's bad PR and obviously no repeat customers . Pretty bad form
Just been informed no warranty as I was truthful and said I scraped bottom once in weed and mud , mind you in a Jybe and never slowed up one bit or crashed. !!! I hit a sandbank once at Harrington pretty well fully lit on my ca speedboard and that didn't break in half .
More poor form from sellers

KevinD002
226 posts
20 Aug 2014 8:38AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
fanatic02 said..
That's bad PR and obviously no repeat customers . Pretty bad form
Just been informed no warranty as I was truthful and said I scraped bottom once in weed and mud , mind you in a Jybe and never slowed up one bit or crashed. !!! I hit a sandbank once at Harrington pretty well fully lit on my ca speedboard and that didn't break in half .

Well bummer... at least you got a response ! I even had the famed "BoardLady" examine my board and confirm it was a construction defect.

Haggar
QLD, 1664 posts
20 Aug 2014 5:32PM
Thumbs Up

Have the exocet quality issues been with all constructions ? How about the carbon construction ?

fanatic02
NSW, 300 posts
20 Aug 2014 5:55PM
Thumbs Up

Mine were both carbon , the rs speed is
Actually the carbon pro model .

Waiting4wind
NSW, 1871 posts
20 Aug 2014 8:25PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
fanatic02 said..
Mine were both carbon , the rs speed is
Actually the carbon pro model .

Is it the 2014 model that you had the problem with?

I have a 2012 and it's had some pretty good hits in shallow water which hurt me but not the board.

fanatic02
NSW, 300 posts
20 Aug 2014 8:41PM
Thumbs Up

2013 , and a lump at 100kgs , I've never crashed it

AJEaster
NSW, 695 posts
20 Aug 2014 9:27PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
fanatic02 said..

If you feel that the incorrect outcome has been decided by the retailer, your next step is the ACCC. Have a good read of their website.

www.accc.gov.au/consumers/consumer-rights-guarantees/repair-replace-refund

fanatic02
NSW, 300 posts
20 Aug 2014 10:07PM
Thumbs Up

I'm well aware of the ACCC AJ , I had my own
Business for 6 years

choco
SA, 4003 posts
22 Aug 2014 6:57PM
Thumbs Up

I've got the 2012 slalom & speed board same weight (100 kg) use the slalom for all my sailing and haven't had a problem still rock solid, seems like they might have tried to cut costs and built them cheaper who knows, not good though.

ikw777
QLD, 2995 posts
26 Aug 2014 3:23PM
Thumbs Up

I love my Exocet boards. Nice feel on the water and all-round high performers.

One went through five years of pounding in open water before it gave up the ghost.

TASSIEROCKS
TAS, 1651 posts
26 Aug 2014 5:11PM
Thumbs Up

I think they are fantastic as well, my boards have all held up no problem.

fanatic02
NSW, 300 posts
26 Aug 2014 10:14PM
Thumbs Up

My speed 50 has given way where the cut outs for the footpads are . I've only ridden it in dead flat water

choco
SA, 4003 posts
27 Aug 2014 8:17AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
fanatic02 said..
My speed 50 has given way where the cut outs for the footpads are . I've only ridden it in dead flat water

Post some pics, the fin should rip out or the tuttle box not the board full apart, definitely shonky construction, full refund or replacement would be ideal outcome only a matter of time until someone tests something like this out in Court which maybe a game changer for consumers, as well as manufacturers claiming full carbon when there's no carbon present at all!

fanatic02
NSW, 300 posts
27 Aug 2014 4:22PM
Thumbs Up

I agree with the finbox breaking up first ,
I hit a wooden stake on my ab that was floating in the water and my screws pushed through the deck not the tail snapping off

And my ab

Cluffy
NSW, 414 posts
27 Aug 2014 5:26PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
choco said..

fanatic02 said..

Post some pics, the fin should rip out or the tuttle box not the board full apart, definitely shonky construction, full refund or replacement would be ideal outcome only a matter of time until someone tests something like this out in Court which maybe a game changer for consumers, as well as manufacturers claiming full carbon when there's no carbon present at all!

(cough!) tube battens...

sausage
QLD, 4873 posts
27 Aug 2014 5:44PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
fanatic02 said..
I hit a wooden stake on my ab that was floating in the water and my screws pushed through the deck not the tail snapping off

Fin box breaking first! You're lucky you didn't hit a fish.........what's the bottom like i.e. is there a crease line or is it just cracked on the top. Probably repairable but that won't make you feel better.

Here's one I prepared earlier
Before

After

PS - no joy regarding warranty either even though the manufacturer admitted there was a weakness at the wingers. Just remember "warranty" & windsurfing" are mutually exclusive terms!

fanatic02
NSW, 300 posts
27 Aug 2014 5:56PM
Thumbs Up

Wow sausage that's a bad break !!!
Mine is repairable but not the point ,
Where I was sailing on the day is a weedy
Mudhole where you sink into the mud with every step , so how much pressure was on the fin grazing that ? My board will be getting looked at by a pro in the next few days . I am
More than willing to take it all further

seanhogan
QLD, 3424 posts
27 Aug 2014 6:27PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
sausage said..

Before

After

Not sure I would rely on blue sticky tape to hold both parts together though

fanatic02
NSW, 300 posts
27 Aug 2014 6:34PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
sausage said...
fanatic02 said..

Fin box breaking first! You're lucky you didn't hit a fish.........what's the bottom like i.e. is there a crease line or is it just cracked on the top. Probably repairable but that won't make you feel better.

Before

After

PS - no joy regarding warranty either even though the manufacturer admitted there was a weakness at the wingers. Just remember "warranty" & windsurfing" are mutually exclusive terms!

I still have two 08 isonic woods going strong
, a 101 and 122 , got 35 out of the 122 last summer in lake mc

Waiting4wind
NSW, 1871 posts
27 Aug 2014 7:36PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
fanatic02 said..

And my ab

That looks nasty. The Exo's have the double density pads so there's quite a deep cavity below the pads. I would imagine that it would make it weaker in that area, particularly on a thin board.

sausage
QLD, 4873 posts
27 Aug 2014 8:56PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
fanatic02 said...
Wow sausage that's a bad break !!!
Mine is repairable but not the point ,
Where I was sailing on the day is a weedy
Mudhole where you sink into the mud with every step , so how much pressure was on the fin grazing that ? My board will be getting looked at by a pro in the next few days . I am
More than willing to take it all further

Yeah know how you feel. Had feedback from board / ws industry experts and all said the wingers and deck lay-up was defective but *B didn't believe it was a warranty issue because I impacted with an object which happened to be a fish. Repair wasn't cheap but I've put it through the wringer since and it has performed brilliantly.

Never seen an exocet up close but if the footpads are recessed into deck then from my limited understanding that can compromise the integrity of the sandwich. I recall something on the boardlady site about this issue too.

Those 2008 iSonics were built very well too.

Sean, you are a funny man. Tape is the outline of the 2014 iS90 model.

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing Gear Reviews

"2015 Exocet Range" started by The Windsurfing Shed