Site Sponsor
24 Oct 2019 2:45PM
Thumbs Up

Have a look at the 2020 Severne Enigma Carbon Boom

Basher
129 posts
27 Oct 2019 6:33AM
Thumbs Up

I have just bought the new Enigma wave boom in the smallest size, 140-190cms, and I used it for the first time today.
It's very stiff and slightly lighter than the earlier version of the same boom.
(There can't be many wave booms that weigh under 2kgs !)

The boom arm diameter is similar to its predecessor but the new blue grip is maybe slightly denser, perhaps reducing the size of tubing in your hand by half a millimetre. (Or maybe that was my imagination) . These small diameter boom arms are supposed to help you grip with less arm cramps, and are great for cold weather use.

On this size of the Enigma it's maybe the back end changes that you notice the most, with a reworked rear section and new outhaul fitting.
Anyway. Whilst it's now a stunning minimalist design, it's still just a reliable and stiff boom - and it worked fine for the 4m and 4.4m weather we had today.

Protabou
13 posts
Thursday , 7 Nov 2019 8:33PM
Thumbs Up

How about a new Enigma 190-240 size (race end)? Does anyone own one to share experience? Is it still stiff beeing adjusted to 230 size? And by the way, it looks like that this model with bigger tail-shape is called sometimes 2019 year model and sometimes 2020 - Is it the same model or they are really different?

mariachi76
32 posts
Friday , 8 Nov 2019 7:57PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Protabou said..
How about a new Enigma 190-240 size (race end)? Does anyone own one to share experience? Is it still stiff beeing adjusted to 230 size? And by the way, it looks like that this model with bigger tail-shape is called sometimes 2019 year model and sometimes 2020 - Is it the same model or they are really different?

Hi, I have the Enigma 190-240 (2019 Model) and use it at 220cm with a 9.2 m2 sail. It is completely stiff at that size, and I cant imagine it would be different at 230cm. Full recommendation. The tube diameter is considerably wieder that at the smaller wave/freeride sizes, but somehow the diameter feels right for such a big sail/boom.

best, mariachi76

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing Gear Reviews

"2020 Severne Enigma Carbon Boom" started by SurfFX