Forums > Windsurfing Gear Reviews

AHD SL2 122

Created by ULF > 9 months ago, 25 Feb 2015
ULF
QLD, 261 posts
25 Feb 2015 10:18PM
Thumbs Up

Picked up a new AHD SL2 122 and NP Ryde 7.5 on Monday and took them out for a ride today in some light breeze.

Weight with the straps in it was 7.3 kgs ( no fin ). Very light for such a big board. On the water crisp, no flex and smooth ride. Going off the wind was fun. Never felt worried through all the chop we have in Redcliffe. Can't wait to get it out in a flatter location.

I had a 45 cm Select S11 fin.
Heading upwind hard was effortless, it just goes where you point it. Gybes for me was a big change getting across all that width after being on 101 and 84 lt. FSW boards.

What I found astounding was the early planning. With a 7.5 underpowered it would jump onto the plane with next to no input from me.
It could do with thicker footpads. I'm used to a bit more cushion, however being a Slalom board I found my feet out on the rail anyway.
Overall a very sweet ride. (the sail batterns are not adjusted yet to let it stretch in )
Here are a couple of pics

seanhogan
QLD, 3424 posts
27 Feb 2015 9:46PM
Thumbs Up

new website :
www.ahd-boards.com/fr/

KevinD002
226 posts
28 Feb 2015 4:30AM
Thumbs Up

I had an SL2 92 before and it was definitely a smooth riding board. Loved it...

Only problem was it was found to be defected by the famed Boardlady and the US distributor refused to warranty it because he believed it was a user error...

Waiting4wind
NSW, 1871 posts
28 Feb 2015 12:17PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
seanhogan said..
new website :
www.ahd-boards.com/fr/

AHD seems to have some interesting boards. I didn't think anyone was marketing Foil Boards!

I notice in quite a few on water pics here and their website, the nose of the the SL board ride high and clear of the water> Not sure if theta was a specific shot or a characteristic of the board.

KevinD002
226 posts
28 Feb 2015 11:38AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Waiting4wind said...
seanhogan said..
new website :
www.ahd-boards.com/fr/

AHD seems to have some interesting boards. I didn't think anyone was marketing Foil Boards!

I notice in quite a few on water pics here and their website, the nose of the the SL board ride high and clear of the water> Not sure if theta was a specific shot or a characteristic of the board.

Should also check out the f4 foiling fin!

Dean 424
NSW, 440 posts
1 Mar 2015 7:22PM
Thumbs Up

Last year I was looking to getting my hands on a Sealion as a SUP/light wind wave board/kids board but was told that the retailer couldn't get a response from AHD. Can you actually purchase the boards on AHD website?

KiteAction
QLD, 337 posts
Site Sponsor
2 Mar 2015 5:56PM
Thumbs Up

Hello Dean,
We are the Queensland dealer for AHD, Please call the shop on free call 1800 671 450 or email info@sunshinecoastsailboards.com.au

Bets Regards,

Paul

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing Gear Reviews

"AHD SL2 122" started by ULF