Forums > Windsurfing Gear Reviews

Exocet 2010

Created by The Windsurfing Shed > 9 months ago, 6 Jul 2009
The Windsurfing Shed
NSW, 294 posts
6 Jul 2009 10:48PM
Thumbs Up

EXOCET 2010 RANGE, Pre-Order now and enjoy a pre-order discount!!

Enjoy,
Remi
www.thewindsurfingshed.com.au/

2010 3X:
Program // Wave
A New Era in Wave Sailing

The 3X; our latest and ultimate R&D project for Wave riding.

The "Tri" fin option was our obvious conception, as it makes surfing and radical sailing possible in all conditions. The concept suits everything from on shore to side shore, yet the sailors still have the option of a single fin configuration if desired.

The 3X truly ride the waves with an amazing drive from top to bottom, and thanks to the centre fin the board never loose grip in the bottom turns and is very precise all the way to the cutbacks. When converting the Tri fin set up to a single fin you will gain "horse power" to get you on the plane, and with amazing top speed, ideal for crappy conditions, mushy waves and sky high jumps.

The true convertible - a new era in Wavesailing.

2010 CROSS III:
Program // Freestyle Wave
Better Control and Planes Quicker

After several years of excellent conception, we have further refined the outline and rocker line for our most popular board in the line.

The Cross III offers better control, planes quicker and is able to ride the waves almost like a true wave board. For those who want to blast around the outside footstrap position is the ultimate for flat water explosions, while the inner straps offers better control and wave riding abilities.

Coming in a single construction, the Cross III will allow you to progress in comfort.

2010 STING:
Program // Freeride
Try It Out and You'll Love It

The Sting is the latest concept for sailors looking for a very fast freeride slalom board.

The Pro model is delivered with the top of the line fin from select and the performance is simply outstanding in terms of speed and control. The Duratech technology is also very well suited for all purpose conditions and with a price point issue. Certainly a new reference on the market.

The R&D of that board shadows the now famous Warp SL "Black machine". Try it out and you'll love it.

2010 WARP 100:
Program // Formula
Faster at All Angles

This is our new beast for Formula racing. Endless hours of R&D in cooperation with our top rider Gonzalo Costa Hoevel has brought this aggressive black machine to yet another level. It's a true winner, powered by super light hybrid construction provides the key elements; acceleration, instant planning and blistering speed. The Warp 100 is as light as it can be, with 161 litres of volume, which is slightly more than its predecessor and especially in the nose.

Faster at all angles? Yes; upwind the board has additional power due bigger rails and the improved stance. Centre of gravity is way back giving the board increased acceleration both upwind and downwind. Its all about speed and control.

Pre order discount offer ends 12/07/09

stehsegler
WA, 3451 posts
7 Jul 2009 12:05PM
Thumbs Up

is it just me or do Formula boards look like someone cut out a door from the dunny and attached a few foot straps... just wondering.

Any pricing on those tri fin wave boards? Do you they come with a cover for the unused fin boxes?

Ben 555
NSW, 453 posts
7 Jul 2009 3:04PM
Thumbs Up

LOL
I am new to formula - picked up some gear off Seabreeze and had to get my (non windsurfing) brother in law to pick it up - I told him he had to pick up a very expensive very fragile door.......

Compared to my mid 90's 43cm wide slalom its a barge with straps and I still cant get my head around something with so much wetted surface being so quick

WindWarrior
NSW, 1019 posts
7 Jul 2009 4:31PM
Thumbs Up

Dont know about a door, always thought one would look good with the following paint job !

The Windsurfing Shed
NSW, 294 posts
7 Jul 2009 6:25PM
Thumbs Up

stehsegler said...

is it just me or do Formula boards look like someone cut out a door from the dunny and attached a few foot straps... just wondering.

Any pricing on those tri fin wave boards? Do you they come with a cover for the unused fin boxes?

Well it is a fun way to use one of these doors then!

As for the 3X, RRP will be $2,714 and they will indeed come with a plug when used with the single fin option only.

Stehsegler, I have sent you a PM.

JJay
NSW, 81 posts
8 Jul 2009 2:09PM
Thumbs Up

The new Formula board looks like it will be FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Also from the looks of the tail, added volume, and slight changes made to rocker/rails, I think Gonzo has developed a real winner! With the solid reliable construction and the super stiff light weight Carbon, 2010 looks like it will be the year of the "Black Machine" (At least in Europe where the converts to Exocet are lining up for orders!)

Everyone thought that the black boards would explode in the Australian sun. Well I can say that after nearly two seasons, both Remi and I have not had even the slightest problem with heat.

Am very satisfied with the overall quality and performance of Exocet. After sending 3 Starboards back for warranty claims with various failures. Both here and in Europe. I can honestly say that Exocet has saved my trust in high performance race oriented windsurfing products.

P.S,,,, Hey Remi,,,,, anychance of making me a team rider next season????
Provided of course that I can stay injury free!!!!

The Windsurfing Shed
NSW, 294 posts
8 Jul 2009 6:53PM
Thumbs Up

JJay said...

Everyone thought that the black boards would explode in the Australian sun. Well I can say that after nearly two seasons, both Remi and I have not had even the slightest problem with heat.

Am very satisfied with the overall quality and performance of Exocet. After sending 3 Starboards back for warranty claims with various failures. Both here and in Europe. I can honestly say that Exocet has saved my trust in high performance race oriented windsurfing products.

I believe the Greek sun is as warm as the Australian sun and the number of Black Machine on the water is much higher, isn't it?

P.S,,,, Hey Remi,,,,, anychance of making me a team rider next season????
Provided of course that I can stay injury free!!!!

As you said, get better first and we'll see then (we'd just need to get some stickers on your sail) but to start with you may want to change your Avatar...

JJay
NSW, 81 posts
8 Jul 2009 7:23PM
Thumbs Up

OK BOSS,
Here is the new Avitar.
Hard at it in Aquamarine clear waters in Greece, downwind.
The thruster looks great. Any demo models of these new boards planned for NSW

BTW, this shot was taken pre-op

Waiting4wind
NSW, 1871 posts
8 Jul 2009 11:25PM
Thumbs Up

JJay said...

OK BOSS,
Here is the new Avitar.
Hard at it in Aquamarine clear waters in Greece, downwind.

BTW, this shot was taken pre-op

OP? What body parts have you broken now?

The Windsurfing Shed
NSW, 294 posts
9 Jul 2009 7:42AM
Thumbs Up

JJay said...

Most boards in the range will be up for demo: 3X, Cross and Sting.

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing Gear Reviews

"Exocet 2010" started by The Windsurfing Shed