Forums > Windsurfing Gear Reviews

Exocet RS2 Slalom

Created by choco > 9 months ago, 10 Apr 2012
choco
SA, 3995 posts
10 Apr 2012 1:50PM
Thumbs Up

It was time to upgrade my slalom boards and I had been looking at a few of the well known brands and was stoked to be offered a team rider deal from The windsurfing Shed to ride Exocet's RS slalom boards.
At first I was abit apprehensive about going to these boards simply because I didn't know anyone who was using them in Australia, in the end ordered up the RS 2 slalom board to try out , specs 90litres -59W- 235L.
The first thing that struck me about the board when I received it was the colour scheme(alot of pink) not to my taste but glad they have gone away from the all black boards they would have died here in the 45deg c + summer , the RS2 has a squarish nose and pinched tail similar to most brands but no cut outs, the construction(carbon sandwich) and finish is first class.
My first session on the water I used a Deb SL3 32cm and Loft Racing Blade 6.3, the instant I stepped onto the RS2 I felt right home, it planes very easily(I weigh 98kg) and feels real free on the water, there's no real sensation of speed because of the great comfort and control it offers I was very surprised to have 35+knts on the dial after a couple of runs through the chop, the best speed after 4 sessions now is 36.4knts done in approx 20knts of wind.
The board will take sails from 5.2m-7.0m, there's no info on fin sizes on their site but at this stage I have only used the SL3 32cm.
All in all stoked with the board and have ordered a 122litre RS5 as well, like every brand available they are all good but some may suit certain rider styles better than others, if your after a fast easy to ride slalom board give Remi a call and see if you can demo one, the colour has grown on me now and the pink looks nice on the water.

boardboy
QLD, 554 posts
10 Apr 2012 2:51PM
Thumbs Up

who is doing the art work on these boards?
A 12 year old girl with a set of pastel water colours?

ikw777
QLD, 2995 posts
10 Apr 2012 4:51PM
Thumbs Up

Excellent! I am a big fan of exocet boards. You just get on them and sail.

Waiting4wind
NSW, 1871 posts
10 Apr 2012 9:50PM
Thumbs Up

ikw777 said...

Yep, I'll just add...You just get on them and sail fast. Great boards for easy speed and dodgie knees...the DDSA does work well in smoothing out the bumps.

I have a small collection of four Exo's. I have the earlier version ( 2-3 versions ago) of the RS2. The 90L TB58, I haven't found a worthy replacement for that one yet. Maybe I need to try an RS2.

I also have the black RS5 and love it, if the current version is better then it must be a real sweet board.

vando
QLD, 3416 posts
10 Apr 2012 10:45PM
Thumbs Up

Very Nice board choc but what happened to the hair.
dunno about the pink but still better than all black

ikw777
QLD, 2995 posts
10 Apr 2012 11:36PM
Thumbs Up

Waiting4wind said...

ikw777 said...

Yep, I'll just add...You just get on them and sail fast. Great boards for easy speed and dodgie knees...the DDSA does work well in smoothing out the bumps.

I have a small collection of four Exo's. I have the earlier version ( 2-3 versions ago) of the RS2. The 90L TB58, I haven't found a worthy replacement for that one yet. Maybe I need to try an RS2.

I also have the black RS5 and love it, if the current version is better then it must be a real sweet board.

Exactly. I have a cross III, and an scross. Both great boards that can handle rough water, and the crossIII is both fas t and agile. I think i'm devolping a serious relationship with it.

redsurfbus
304 posts
11 Apr 2012 5:44AM
Thumbs Up

Had mine for a few weeks but no wind until yesterday. You are right about step on and play, so much more fun and a lot easier than my old 90l 59cm slalom board. Really like them, I have the RS2 and 4 and will be getting the RS1 soon I hope.

choco
SA, 3995 posts
11 Apr 2012 5:40PM
Thumbs Up

vando said...

Very Nice board choc but what happened to the hair.

It was caused by a combination of the highly saline LG water and going so
F A S T

Squid Lips
WA, 708 posts
11 Apr 2012 8:33PM
Thumbs Up

Lucky Eric Bana was there to hold the board up for you.

That purple would match the new Koncepts pretty nice

redsurfbus
304 posts
11 Apr 2012 10:45PM
Thumbs Up

Squid Lips said...

Lucky Eric Bana was there to hold the board up for you.

That purple would match the new Koncepts pretty nice

Matches the new Simmer SCR's perfectly, although I am obliged to say they would be slower than the Hot Sails Gps's in my opinion ;-)

choco
SA, 3995 posts
25 Apr 2012 11:27AM
Thumbs Up

Had a quick sail on the RS5 wind was all over the place from 5knts to 30Knts+ in the squalls, just like the RS2 board felt very comfortable from the first ride, can't wait for a better day to get it tuned properly.

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing Gear Reviews

"Exocet RS2 Slalom" started by choco