Forums > Windsurfing Gear Reviews

Exocet Salt 104L - Any suggestions?

Created by SublimeMan > 9 months ago, 21 Nov 2017
SublimeMan
2 posts
21 Nov 2017 10:30PM
Thumbs Up

Hi Everyone!

I'm considering to replace my old 100 lt freewave board , that is gradually dying, with an Exocet Salt 104lt .
( http://www.exocet-original.com/files/dealerbook/boards/DX18-salt-EN.pdf )

Did anyone ride this board? Any pros/cons or anything you could advise/suggest ?

Shape looks "old fashioned" as is relatively long and narrow something that makes me having second thoughts .
I'm a fan of Exocet as I ve already got a Cross 114 & a XWave , never disappointed..

I'm quite experienced windsurfer , 95kg and I would like to ride it in bump&jump conditions

Thanks and Cheers from Greece!

jamesf
NSW, 988 posts
23 Nov 2017 12:30PM
Thumbs Up

If you're looking for a bump and jump board, maybe a Cross 104 or 94 would be better? The salt looks like a more traditional single fin wave board. I have the Cross 94 (in the heavier AST construction) and its great in choppy bumpy conditions. Just wish we had more wind so I could use it more often!

The Windsurfing Shed
NSW, 294 posts
25 Nov 2017 11:12AM
Thumbs Up

James is indeed correct, the Cross is better suited for what you intend to use the board in.

The Salt is an side/onshore wave board. The extra length of the shape combined with a fairly narrow width and a straight outline in the middle section will allow for long bottom turns at speed with control and stability. Cut backs turn are sharp and pivot instantly due to the square tail and pivot point on the back foot. The board has no need for side fins and therefore no extra drag to get on a plane.

www.exocet-original.com/

Shifu
QLD, 1902 posts
30 Nov 2017 7:53PM
Thumbs Up

Definitely get a Cross. Awesome boards.

SublimeMan
2 posts
9 Dec 2017 12:05AM
Thumbs Up

Thanks Guys , you've been really helpful ... all votes go for Cross indeed.. I won't risk to use such unusual shape finally..

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing Gear Reviews

"Exocet Salt 104L - Any suggestions?" started by SublimeMan