Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Gestalt said..
Has anyone done the maths.

300hrs/4hrs per session

= 75 sessions

75 sessions / 52 weeks

= 1.5 years before replacement.

There are many people for whom 75 sessions on a sail is a decade. In my wind deprived location, 35 sessions in a year means you are skipping out of work more than occasionally. We also have to windsurf more in the winter so less UV. Our sails last way too long.

Flying Dutchman
NSW, 140 posts
Tuesday , 14 May 2019 11:02PM
Thumbs Up

Well got word from Mark at Surf Sail Australia that the 2019 Ezzy sails are arriving tomorrow!! Can't wait to try the new Elites after riding Taka3s the last couple of years.

Also got word that Surf Sail Australia are having a very limited time 20% off everything in store sale.... that's everything like windsurf/kite gear and clothes and accessories. Sounds like a good deal to me. Don't think it will last long.... you need to use the code 'W19' in checkout.

Cheers, Paul

olskool
QLD, 1265 posts
Thursday , 16 May 2019 5:03PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Gestalt said..
Has anyone done the maths.

300hrs/4hrs per session

= 75 sessions

75 sessions / 52 weeks

= 1.5 years before replacement.

And that gentleman is about the time it took my 2018 9.5m Lion to start splitting. Actually it was 14months. But i do sail frequently. 4 x 20mm splits in the Xply panel above boom. Xply holds it together. BUT THATS NOT THE POINT. THE MYLAR IS SUSPECT. See my previous post for pic. Ive got sails from 2000 n paid $50 for that look in better shape than my 2018 $1100 sail.......

Shifu
QLD, 1140 posts
Friday , 17 May 2019 2:18PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Flying Dutchman said..
Well got word from Mark at Surf Sail Australia that the 2019 Ezzy sails are arriving tomorrow!! Can't wait to try the new Elites after riding Taka3s the last couple of years.

Also got word that Surf Sail Australia are having a very limited time 20% off everything in store sale.... that's everything like windsurf/kite gear and clothes and accessories. Sounds like a good deal to me. Don't think it will last long.... you need to use the code 'W19' in checkout.

Cheers, Paul

Thanks for that info - I just oredered a new Cheetah because of it.

JonesySail
QLD, 921 posts
Friday , 17 May 2019 11:40PM
Thumbs Up

yeah cause they are so crap and fall apart after a million sessions, I did they same :)

Flying Dutchman
NSW, 140 posts
Saturday , 18 May 2019 2:03AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Thanks for that info - I just oredered a new Cheetah because of it.

Cool! 20% off helps a lot

Flying Dutchman
NSW, 140 posts
Saturday , 18 May 2019 2:04AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
JonesySail said..
yeah cause they are so crap and fall apart after a million sessions, I did they same :)

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing Gear Reviews

"Ezzy Sails 2019" started by Flying Dutchman