Forums > Windsurfing Gear Reviews

FANATIC FREEWAVE 105TE

Created by KEVKEV > 9 months ago, 24 Nov 2010
KEVKEV
74 posts
24 Nov 2010 11:55AM
Thumbs Up

Has anyone bought/ridden the 2011 105 Fantic Freewave Team Edition at all....just interested in any comments you may have about its performance...good or bad ! Cheers Kevin

zen2
TAS, 36 posts
25 Nov 2010 5:37PM
Thumbs Up

I have the 2011 115 TE, overall can't fault it. I'm using it for general free-riding. It pops onto the plane quickly, great in the gybes and comfortable to sail in chop. The domed deck makes for a comfortable stance. I started with the straps at the front and found it a little slow, moved them back a notch and it improves top speed a fair bit.

I'm 105kg and use it with a 6.3 in 17+knots. For me it's the perfect all-round board and I'm very happy with it.

KEVKEV
74 posts
25 Nov 2010 5:42PM
Thumbs Up

THANKS ZEN FOR YOUR REPLY....I am struggling with my 105l freewave...am 94kg and have used it with 5,5.5 & 6m sails and am not too impressed with it....seems slow and heavy to jump...might just be me !!!... have tried multitude of different footstrap and mast base settings but not really much improvement...i assume you are you using the more outboard strap settings on yours?

zen2
TAS, 36 posts
26 Nov 2010 12:15PM
Thumbs Up

My previous board was a 2001 AHD maxxride, so it has taken a few sessions to get used to this one. On my first session had straps in front position and mast track 1/3 from back of track. Felt quite slow. Then I put must track 1/3 from front of track, moved straps back one setting (keeping single strap in the back) and noticed a big difference. Haven't tried any other settings yet as this feels comfortable.

What is your previous board that you are comparing this one to? I haven't really tried jumping mine yet, but as they are so light should be able to get decent air.

KEVKEV
74 posts
26 Nov 2010 10:58AM
Thumbs Up

I have an 84l Fanatic Twin, 101l Futura and 120l 2011 Hawk....so am used to riding several different styles..but they all feel 10x better to ride than the 105.... I bought it to use as a light wind wave/bump and jump board..[}:)].Cheers Kev

KEVKEV
74 posts
6 Dec 2010 4:05AM
Thumbs Up

All is forgiven Fanatic...well sort of.....My performance issues have been resolved at last...while I was blaming the board and my own skills,we (local shop and I ) found that the 29cm original fin supplied with the board was made " on the piss"...assymetrical...after having a think I did realize the board went good one way and woeful the other...
So after using a one off C3 fin the board did every thing i asked and expected of it...super early planing,really good speed either way, good release from chop to get airborne...So am now happy with it and dont need to $1 reserve it on an auction site( which was my next step !!!!). CHEERS C3 FINS !!!....

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing Gear Reviews

"FANATIC FREEWAVE 105TE" started by KEVKEV