Forums > Windsurfing Gear Reviews

Futura 101 or JP supersport 100

Created by dkeating > 9 months ago, 20 Nov 2009
dkeating
VIC, 254 posts
20 Nov 2009 3:51PM
Thumbs Up

Looking to upgrade my early 2000 model jp freestlyle board and wondering if any one can give me reviews on the Futura 101 or jp supersport 100.
I,m into mainly speed/slalom blasting 75% of the time but like the option of going in the ocean on small waves and bump and jump.
Are these boards much slower than slalom boards and are there any other boards recommended that are fast but also handle chop small waves?
How do the isonics go in chop bump jump conditions?
Does any one have recent models in these type of boards that they are looking at selling/upgrading
Thanks
Dale

lordhowe
NSW, 209 posts
20 Nov 2009 11:56PM
Thumbs Up

I have used the 100L Supersport a bit lately. We have the 08 Pro edition over here. It is a fast board, I mainly use it with a 6.5 V8 and it is a sweet combo. It planes fairly early, I weigh 72kg and find it good in around 15-20K, can become a bit of a handful once it gets stronger for my weight. Handles chop well, i wouldn't class it as the easiest jibe around but needs a firm hand and will reward being driven hard. I would say it is a slightly detuned slalom board which loves powerful foils and a rider who likes going fast. It ships with a 33cm fin and I have used a 37 in it and it still went very well.
I would reckon it would be fine with a smaller sail but I haven't used it with anything smaller as I have a 91L Supersport to change down to which is extra special - very nice board.
Haven't tried a Futura....hope this is some help.

Ads72
NSW, 362 posts
23 Nov 2009 8:45PM
Thumbs Up

Dale, have you also considered the JP Super Cross boards? I have the 96 for sale on SB at the moment. Sounds right up your alley in terms of 'bump & jump', handles chop well when blasting and most importantly, is real quick! I can ship to you through Windsurf & Snow up here too, no problems.

2007 JP Australia JP Super Cross - 240 cm, 96 litres. Check it out?

<www.seabreeze.com.au/Classifieds/Windsurfing/Boards/~rjibo/2007-JP-Australia-Jp-Super-Cross-240-cm-96-litres.aspx?search=iVVAl2umBXmHLC7VP1FIeA%3d%3d>;

Pointman
WA, 435 posts
24 Nov 2009 11:52AM
Thumbs Up

www.seabreeze.com.au/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=56888

I've got the Futura 111, which is a great board, and pretty quick. I posted a review of the 111 on here also (see below).

I haven't ridden a Supersport, but I know those who have and speak highly of them. Only drawback (and it's a big one IMO) is that the Supersport has a powerbox and all the best fins comes in tuttle.

Bertie
NSW, 1351 posts
24 Nov 2009 3:11PM
Thumbs Up

look into a tabou rocket 105. put it on ya short list.

ejmack
VIC, 1308 posts
24 Nov 2009 3:21PM
Thumbs Up

I also have the Futura111. Have had it for exactly a year now and can't fault it for the conditions I sail. Very fast, gybes nicely, quick to plane, etc. I'm looking at down sizing to the Futura101 in the very near future.

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing Gear Reviews

"Futura 101 or JP supersport 100" started by dkeating