Forums > Windsurfing Gear Reviews

Goya One - anyone using them?

Created by ejmack > 9 months ago, 25 Nov 2012
ejmack
VIC, 1308 posts
25 Nov 2012 5:05PM
Thumbs Up

Hi All,

Interested to know if there's anyone using the Goya ONE's and if so what their thoughts on these boards are, especially for high wind rough conditions? I'm alooking at the 86 litre fsw.

Thanks

K Dog
VIC, 1847 posts
28 Nov 2012 4:41PM
Thumbs Up

I hear the 2005 Tabou Da Curve is really ideal for those conditions. Very hard to find though.....

ejmack
VIC, 1308 posts
28 Nov 2012 5:29PM
Thumbs Up

Cheers Kurt. I've been looking at the tabou range also, as well as RRD. I'm sure most brands do a suitable board but finding something in good condition ( currently looking at second hand or superseded only) is often harder.

Waiting4wind
NSW, 1815 posts
28 Nov 2012 7:28PM
Thumbs Up

Have a look on board seeker, they did some reviews and rated them well as a wave oriented FSW.

rick deckard
WA, 18 posts
28 Nov 2012 5:20PM
Thumbs Up

Hey ejmack....i have a Goya One 95 litre.....great in rough conditions and if you get the chance they are great on a wave....they want to turn....i have owned a J.P. Real World Wave and the goya is better by a mile...

bolocom
NSW, 47 posts
29 Nov 2012 7:27AM
Thumbs Up

I have the 85 and really like it. It is super fast, great for jumping and does fine in the waves. I think is one the best freestyle wave boards out there. Overpowered you need a smaller fin and it gets a bit harder to control...

Can555
29 posts
29 Nov 2012 5:36AM
Thumbs Up

I also have the 95 L One and have sailed the 85 too. My 95 is a an older model but has held up well to jumping and looping very well under my 200 pounds. Fast, easy to turn, and light. Great in chop and works pretty well on a wave with a smaller fin. The 85 would make a great one board solution for a lighter rider.

ejmack
VIC, 1308 posts
29 Nov 2012 10:01AM
Thumbs Up

Thanks all,

Waiting4wind - Cheers. Yeah, I've read that review. Came out quite good. We often have gusty northerlies here, or on and then totally off, and I prefer riding something with a little more volume in those conditions as you never know when your going to be slogging it back to the beach. So the stability of the Goya off the plane seemed appealing, without it being too big volume wise.

Cheers Can555, bolocom and RoyBatty - good to hear. Intended use is mostly bump and jump 25 - 35 knots, 4.5m and 5.2m but keen to try some waves too. 82kg rider.

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing Gear Reviews

"Goya One - anyone using them?" started by ejmack