Forums > Windsurfing Gear Reviews

Neil Pryde 2014 site now ready

Created by stehsegler > 9 months ago, 15 Aug 2013
stehsegler
WA, 3450 posts
15 Aug 2013 3:48PM
Thumbs Up

For anyone interested Neil Pryde finally got around to updating their web site. ( www.neilpryde.com/ )

The full run down of their 2014 offerings are now available. I am guessing you might want to put in an order with your local shop now to get delivery in September.

The Combats looks nice but I got no idea why Neil Pryde keeps insisting on not publishing information on the weight of their sails. Almost every other sail maker seems to be able to get that one right but not Neil Pryde it seems.

CJW
NSW, 1717 posts
15 Aug 2013 6:30PM
Thumbs Up

Because they know that their sails aren't even in the ballpark with the leaders' in that category so they don't bother

northy1
430 posts
15 Aug 2013 4:57PM
Thumbs Up

genuine question - not a dig - how repairable are the NP sails with all the panels made out of that coloured NP material?
i would have thought impossible to replace??

izaak
TAS, 1964 posts
15 Aug 2013 7:24PM
Thumbs Up

Twenty Fourteen, product video!

stehsegler
WA, 3450 posts
15 Aug 2013 7:01PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
northy1 said..

genuine question - not a dig - how repairable are the NP sails with all the panels made out of that coloured NP material?
i would have thought impossible to replace??

wild guess is that you can buy the sail material separately. I know you could get it in the past. Not sure what the printed replacement would look like.

That said, every time I destroyed a Neil Pryde sail was after several years of use and getting pounded by a close out set. I currently use a set of Combat HDs and they are bullet proof.

stehsegler
WA, 3450 posts
15 Aug 2013 7:05PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
izaak said..

Twenty Fourteen, product video!

That's one of their better productions in recent years.

dan berry
WA, 2562 posts
15 Aug 2013 7:37PM
Thumbs Up

Looks exactly like it does every year.

WindWarrior
NSW, 1019 posts
15 Aug 2013 11:27PM
Thumbs Up

Combat has gone 4 battens from 4.7 down... does that rule it out for the heavier/bigger riders ?

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing Gear Reviews

"Neil Pryde 2014 site now ready" started by stehsegler