Forums > Windsurfing Gear Reviews

Quatro Pyramid Thruster 92

Created by wintortree > 9 months ago, 26 Mar 2014
wintortree
NSW, 194 posts
26 Mar 2014 8:18PM
Thumbs Up

Well my new board turned up la few week back. so pumped and thanks to the guys at core board sports for hooking me up.
Only been out on it a few time as the wind has sucked for the last few weeks but here are my initial review

Disclaimer: I am sponsored by my wife and when she deem it fit for me to acquire new gear i just order and don't ask any questions and deal with the wrath after when she realised what I've done.

The board looks amazing. So stoked with it. Board feels light and quite small in the hands. The paint is not gloss coated which means it's going to wear like the goya quads do. Not concerned as will own it for a long time so does not need to stay looking pristine forever.

On the water: I was surprised how much float it had. Being 98-99 kgs and 6 foot I though it might be a little small for when it gets light but in saying that I was out at pelos last week in 14-18 knots cross shore and was just fine boging around. Made every single tack and did a couple of heli tacks to see if I could and didn't fall off. Stoked, it picks up wave easy and once on the wave it is unbelievable. I was initially concerned with going a thruster due to being used to my 104 quad and like how tight you can turn a quad but these pyramid thrusters are something special. It is so fast on the wave and you can turn so tight and go so vertical on them it's just amazing. What really amazed me most was even after doing full round house I came out of all my turns with so much speed. Which means you can link turns together really easy. You stand way back on the board which didn't take long to get used to and then you just send up to the lip. As late as you want.

I'll write some more when I get out again on it.

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing Gear Reviews

"Quatro Pyramid Thruster 92" started by wintortree