Forums > Windsurfing Gear Reviews

Severne Blade - Excellent Reviews

Created by Auswind > 9 months ago, 16 Feb 2006
Auswind
WA, 398 posts
Site Sponsor
16 Feb 2006 10:16AM
Thumbs Up

Just thought i'd post some of the excellent review comments on the Severne Blade - see below.

you can read the reviews in full here:

www.severnesails.com/testresults/test16.asp

www.severnesails.com/testresults/test17.asp

Praise For the Severne Blade

"the blade is a devastating weapon for the most assertive sailing styles"

“ it looks stunning on the water, with excellent attention to detail and a lot of built in durability, using various Kevlar reinforcements in its panels as well as the brand's new MetaleX-ll, which boasts increased strength and decreased weight”

“the Blade gave an awesome performance level that found favour amongst all who sailed it”

“ Super stable and balanced, the Blade has a staggering natural range, its centre of power locked low down in the draft, never getting backhanded or pulling the rider's stance out of shape. Instead, it pins the board down and encourages the pilot into a low powerful stance, forcing every last bit of energy through the board”

“ it is incredibly comfortable to use for long periods”

“Impressed with the performance of the 4.7m and 5.3m versions tested earlier in the year, we were interested to see how the 6.2m- handled”

“a very bold eye-catching appearance on the water. Well-engineered with excellent attention to detail (including the latest fold-over seaming in the foot), it incorporates everything you expect from a high-quality product”

”Supplying masses of constant forward drive, the Blade has a stunning bottom end, capable of un-sticking the most stubborn hull. The centre of effort is incredibly low and forward in the draft, transferring every bit of power directly to the board, leaving the sail to feel perfectly balanced in the hands”

“ the Blade's stability remains rock-solid, the effort not shifting for a moment, and sailing through a gust you can physically feel the sail accelerate in the hands”

”The Blade is a sensationally stable sail, providing constant balanced power over a massive wind range

Auswind
WA, 398 posts
Site Sponsor
16 Feb 2006 10:41AM
Thumbs Up

Another Severne Blade review here:

www.severnesails.com/testresults/test12.asp

WINDY MILLER
WA, 3181 posts
16 Feb 2006 8:31PM
Thumbs Up

have any WA sailors got the blade 6.2 ?????

does it feel too big for the waves ??

matcham
NSW, 48 posts
17 Feb 2006 1:36PM
Thumbs Up

I'm only a WA sailor a few weeks of the year but I've got the Blade 6.2. Everything they say about the sail is right on. It took me a few goes to rig it right (thanks for the manual, Severne people, not!) but once sussed it's huge natural range means you don't have to bugger around tweaking on the water.

Best thing about the 6.2 is its boom length is about the same as the 5.6 so great for waves.

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing Gear Reviews

"Severne Blade - Excellent Reviews" started by Auswind