Forums > Windsurfing Gear Reviews

Simmer Style Boards

Created by banna > 9 months ago, 31 Jan 2013
banna
3 posts
31 Jan 2013 7:48AM
Thumbs Up

Hi everyone..

Lately i've been thinking about changing my wave board (i have a AHD Rebound 83l 2008) for a simmer freewave 78l. did anyone try one ?! what do you think guys ?!

Ola H
50 posts
7 Feb 2013 4:00PM
Thumbs Up

I reckon not many are out. I just rode the original proto for the 78 here on Maui the other day though, so I have it fresh in my legs so to say.

But I don't know the Rebound that well so perhaps you can describe to me what you want the board for and if there are some particular characteristics you are looking for in this board.

rexi
24 posts
9 Sep 2013 2:46AM
Thumbs Up

I would really like to hear from people who have tried that board. I sail some basic freestyle on a 100L freestyle board (vulcans, coming close to spocks) on flatwater and have had the occasional waveday throughout the last years. For the last year i have been getting more into wavesailing and have been using an old starboard evo 80 2003. My wavesailing has been from onshore waist high to side-off mast high. I??m not good at wavesailing but trying to get those turns more aggressive and working on my timing, but like i said before i??m not a skilled wave sailor . I guess my most used sails are 4.0-5.0 but sometimes i stick my 5.5 on as well.

I really don??t have much clue what board should be my next one but the evo is getting very worn and an update is due in the next months. I have been looking at the quantum but a 75L might be too small for my one wave board solution and the 85 probably too big (i??m 73kg). Anyone who has tried these boards and would like to give me some input? -to sum it up i??m looking for a waveboard for all sorts of conditions but not looking for a board that is suitable for blasting around.

Mark _australia
WA, 18796 posts
10 Sep 2013 9:12PM
Thumbs Up

I smell a rat.
a person with 3 posts asks about simmer freewaves but does not tell us what they are looking for / what conditions.

Suddenly Mr First Post pipes up and says "hey me thinking about a Simmer board too!!"

rexi
24 posts
10 Sep 2013 9:57PM
Thumbs Up

????

What more do you want to know bout the conditions that i did not mention? i??ll be glad to be more accurate.

Well i have mainly been posting on the boards.co.uk forum under the same username, and registered to this forum because i stumbled upon this thread looking for info on the simmer boards. But if there are any problems, no worries, i??ll be on my way then.

Mark _australia
WA, 18796 posts
12 Sep 2013 8:45AM
Thumbs Up

I was referring to banna not being specfific, not you rexi.
Wanting to replace a wave board with a freewave and read slike many other posts designed to generate interest in a new model not a genuine query

rexi
24 posts
12 Sep 2013 8:47PM
Thumbs Up

Yes, figured that out just after i posted my reply, silly me :) Back on topic, for those who are actually wondering about these boards like me, here is an interesting thread and Ola answers the above question as well as riders who have tried these boards. forums.boards.mpora.com/showthread.php/69385-Simmer-Wave-Boards-which-One

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing Gear Reviews

"Simmer Style Boards" started by banna