Forums > Windsurfing Gear Reviews

Starboard Ultra Kode 2016

Created by fabgregoire 3 months ago, 14 Mar 2018
fabgregoire
WA, 36 posts
14 Mar 2018 7:10PM
Thumbs Up

Hello there,

Has anybody tried Starboard's 2018 Ultra Kode? Any feedback, especially for WA's conditions?
What are the main differences between the Stone's smaller boards and the Bruch's bigger ones?
How different are they from 2017 models? and from the 2016 quads?

Cheers,

Fab

NordRoi
232 posts
14 Mar 2018 8:28PM
Thumbs Up

Interesting Question!! I'm also wondering, I will probably soon turn over my two boards wave kit, I currently have an older Kode Wave 87 as a side-on or light wind wave board and a DDL 76 Wave board. Was wondering if I should go for the Stone 76 or the blend at 80...is that 80 More versatile...

Manawa
5 posts
21 Mar 2018 6:10PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
fabgregoire said..
Hello there,

Has anybody tried Starboard's 2018 Ultra Kode? Any feedback, especially for WA's conditions?
What are the main differences between the Stone's smaller boards and the Bruch's bigger ones?

Cheers,

Fab

Hi, I've an Ultrakode 80 reflex carbon 2017, my friend have an UltraKode 2018 76. The same rocker line 80 and 76; just a different outline.
Hope this help

justinstuart
WA, 37 posts
23 Mar 2018 10:06PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
fabgregoire said..
Hello there,

Cheers,

Fab

Hello fabgregoire, I have tried the 2017 76 and 72 ultrakode carbon in thruster mode. These are Jaeger Stones boards so they should be perfect for WA conditions! From trying the boards I would say this assumption is 100% true! I found the boards to be super easy to sail, fast, comfortable, incontrol, and easy to wave ride - loose, easy to redirect and grippy! They are replicas of Stone Surf Design customs (which I have a couple of), which are ridiculously efficient, meaning you can get away with smaller boards.

These boards are totally different from 2016 quads. I have heard good reports of the 80 ultrakode too, but haven't tried it. I think 2017/2018 are the same or very similar, but I have not tried the 2018.

What I love is that the boards feel very exciting in the turn. You can go in to the turn full speed with total confidence, push hard and the board accelerates you at the lip! If you get your line a bit wrong, no problem - there's no lock in, the boards allow you the freedom to redirect even in a critical moment.

I'm 68 kg and reckon I would use the 76 as my big board, 72 as my normal/all-round board.

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing Gear Reviews

"Starboard Ultra Kode 2016" started by fabgregoire