Forums > Windsurfing Gear Reviews

XS Speed Windsurfer/Catamaran.... Just acquired...

Created by H2oSports > 9 months ago, 5 Nov 2013
H2oSports
1 posts
5 Nov 2013 10:42PM
Thumbs Up

Has anyone had any experience with one of these? I'm having trouble with it wanting to head straight into the wind in light winds. I'm going to try to correct this with 2 large weed fins in hopes that they will straighten it's course. If this doesn't work I may take out the us boxes and put in 2 power boxes and I may bevel down the sharp inner rails that are causing the craft to head into the wind. (i think)

jusavina
QLD, 1168 posts
6 Nov 2013 1:44PM
Thumbs Up

I'd use the rows.

AUS1111
WA, 3275 posts
6 Nov 2013 4:19PM
Thumbs Up

What actually is the purpose of this thing?

Bender
WA, 2042 posts
6 Nov 2013 4:28PM
Thumbs Up

sounds like a user error to me. Mast raked too far back and weight too far back before your up to speed.
Never seen one of those before

K Dog
VIC, 1847 posts
7 Nov 2013 5:04PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
H2oSports said..
Has anyone had any experience with one of these? I'm having trouble with it wanting to head straight into the wind in light winds. I'm going to try to correct this with 2 large weed fins in hopes that they will straighten it's course. If this doesn't work I may take out the us boxes and put in 2 power boxes and I may bevel down the sharp inner rails that are causing the craft to head into the wind. (i think)

Not usually one for these types of things, but think it would make a fun exploring /camping setup if it had stow away holes?

Carantoc
NSW, 4104 posts
8 Nov 2013 1:38PM
Thumbs Up

What ??

In this thread you want stow-away holes, but in another thread where you have little holes you want to blank them off.

Why not simplify the whole process and use your spare thruster boxes as stow-away locations ?

You could fit in :
several matches (may need to be waterproof use if you intend to use them)
toothpicks
condoms (open packed, roll the other way and Sellotape up)
two short tent pegs (one per side)
spare rope (4" length)
some very small yoga mats ($5 from K-mart apparently)

and that lot sounds to me like the recipe for a great weekend camping trip

fitz66
QLD, 537 posts
8 Nov 2013 5:17PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Bender said..

sounds like a user error to me. Mast raked too far back and weight too far back before your up to speed.
Never seen one of those before

Yeah looks like you sail it like an old long board rig forward to bear away centre of effort and lateral resistance stuff.

K Dog
VIC, 1847 posts
11 Nov 2013 11:07AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Carantoc said..
What ??

In this thread you want stow-away holes, but in another thread where you have little holes you want to blank them off.

Why not simplify the whole process and use your spare thruster boxes as stow-away locations ?

You could fit in :

several matches (may need to be waterproof use if you intend to use them)

toothpickscondoms (open packed, roll the other way and Sellotape up)

two short tent pegs (one per side)spare rope (4" length)

some very small yoga mats ($5 from K-mart apparently)

and that lot sounds to me like the recipe for a great weekend camping trip

hahaha! well played!

clarence
TAS, 828 posts
17 Nov 2013 4:23AM
Thumbs Up

I agree with bender.

The centre of lateral resistance will probably never get very far back anyway as it doesn't look like it would get up on the plane like a conventional board. From the look of the hull, I'd think as soon as the sail is moved aft, it would want to point up into the wind.

Bevelling the rails down would not make a huge difference IMO given the shape of each hull being long and narrow.

Clarence

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing Gear Reviews

"XS Speed Windsurfer/Catamaran.... Just acquired..." started by H2oSports