Forums > Windsurfing Gear Reviews

can anyone comment on the EZZY lion 3

Created by Tardy > 9 months ago, 29 Jun 2017
Tardy
4919 posts
14 Jul 2017 11:01AM
Thumbs Up

ha,like your way of thinking ,OS.

i was up north west .Denham one year 2011-12 .i had north duke s and my mate pryde slalom sails.

these two guys came out ,on the latest cheetahs ,i thought they looked bloody awesome then
and still do.

they blew our doors off,

THEY HAD 105 Rockets.

Tardy
4919 posts
25 Jul 2017 4:49PM
Thumbs Up

I finally received my 7,5 lion 3.this sail has some serious speed.a real locked in feeling.this was set on minimal downhaul as it was light air.but will handle some real downhaul if the wind comes up.I have a brand new EZZY Rdm .mast inside ..it's another top sail .a bit faster than the cheetahs.but still love my cheetahs for ocean sailing ..this will be my blaster.

olskool
QLD, 2444 posts
25 Jul 2017 9:31PM
Thumbs Up

That sail looks sweet Tardy. Another 6 weeks til my 9.5 arrives..

Tardy
4919 posts
25 Jul 2017 7:53PM
Thumbs Up

I think your doing the right thing getting the lion.in that size .
it will give you that. Extra low end punch .also will be more stable in big gusts .have you got a good 490.
heres the extra cams ,I don't need them ..it already came with the RDM cams in it ...so two set for different size mast ...cool hey .David claims this sail will work with any mast ...in his vid.
but I fully down haul it to specs and beyond ...you can really flatten it off like a race sail ...

olskool
QLD, 2444 posts
26 Jul 2017 6:33AM
Thumbs Up

My 490 is nothing flash. Some F2 2016 thing 60%. $200.Seems to set alright in my other sails. Its a bit heavy though. But its only noticable when carrying rigged sail to water or sailing on windless days.( when i should be fishing..) Sailing outguns ALL my other ocean addictions.

Tardy
4919 posts
26 Jul 2017 6:59AM
Thumbs Up

Should be ok ...I just had a thought ,with all these extra cams I could turn it into a 6 cam sail ,like the old days .

i think I will be ordering a 9.5 lion next year .i will have to get a bigger board too.

Thinking of a 140-145 freerace Patrick .$ To carry the big mother ..

will sell the 130 Titan .900$.
has one scratch .

Storm Ahead
137 posts
26 Jul 2017 7:14AM
Thumbs Up

Super looking sail Tardy.

That first pic really shows the belly of the sail set low and a really nice battern profile even with cams (almost like the Cheetah cut Legacy 7.5 which I have).
Would be interested to know how the C of E and drive compares to the 7.5 Cheetah/Legacy side by side.

Also, looks bomb proof - typical Ezzy quality. Nice one! Very tempted to pull the trigger...

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing Gear Reviews

"can anyone comment on the EZZY lion 3" started by Tardy