Forums > Windsurfing Gear Reviews

need a fast 100 litre slalom board .any recommendations ??

Created by Tardy > 9 months ago, 18 Mar 2019
Faster
WA, 4 posts
23 Mar 2019 11:05PM
Thumbs Up

RRD X Fire 98 has been the benchmatk for many seasons! Just an amazing very easy sailed board. Fin recommodation Z-Fin SLM 32 S- epic combo. My favourite board with 6.4 - 7.0 and it is super for speed with 7.8

Troppo
WA, 887 posts
28 Mar 2019 10:16AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Tardy said..
good price .Farang .I would still have to add 60percent for the dollar plus freight .

some great speed machines listed here ...now to decide ,i really like the look of the simmer you've got for sale troppo .

its a bargain.

Shane
WA, 202 posts
28 Mar 2019 12:30PM
Thumbs Up

^
Isn't that the board that won the nationals? Fastest slalom board in Australia :)

Tardy
4920 posts
28 Mar 2019 5:38PM
Thumbs Up

if it was closer to home i would of ..sorry ..
I Scored a bargain at the windsurfing shed .oldie but a goodie .Thanks for all the help everyone .
now all i need is some wind ,

gavnwend
WA, 1364 posts
28 Mar 2019 5:57PM
Thumbs Up

Hey Tardy l envy you. Those Exocet boards fly. A keeper! Denham looking good this year. what size is it ?

Tardy
4920 posts
28 Mar 2019 6:08PM
Thumbs Up

its a 100 litre .full carbon ,
It Looks like its got some get up and go ,

time will tell ..DENHAM again yes ,

RobITA
59 posts
28 Mar 2019 7:15PM
Thumbs Up

Last year I had the same problem as you, and thanks to the advices that Powersloshin gave me, I bought the RS3 model year 2014 as your.
The board is as fast as you are fast, but what you will love about RS3 is the ease of navigation, the true plug and play spirit. The jibe is very simple and it's amazing how the board also handles the hard chop. I have improved a lot my 1 hour PB and consider that in my home spot there are many gusts, lulls, hard chop and the runs are about 1.5 km long , so many jibes!
And last but not least the graphic is beautiful, a real racing machine. Have fun with your new toy

Tardy
4920 posts
28 Mar 2019 7:31PM
Thumbs Up

thanks Rob ...it was a gamble ..but done some googling on it and some guys have had over 40 knot on them 43 to be exact ,some french guy kicked arse on it too ..couldn't understand what he was saying ,but the race looked good on film .
so that was good enough for me ...Remi also told me it was a great jiber, being a little wider in the tail than the recent models
I also need to jibe a lot .

i can't wait to ride it ..now ...

nina22
4 posts
31 Mar 2019 12:46AM
Thumbs Up

what works and what works better for that board in any given circumstance , making it the fastest board . Sure there might be a newer model that's lighter or some other claimed performance benefit but I bet around the park your ol banga would kick it's arse , at least in the immediate time frame

nina22
4 posts
31 Mar 2019 3:58AM
Thumbs Up

what works and , making it the fastest board . Sure there might be a newer model that's lighter or some other claimed performance benefit but I bet around the park your ol banga would kick it's arse ,

HotBodMon
NSW, 573 posts
31 Mar 2019 8:11AM
Thumbs Up

I really like nina's thinking

snorkel962
QLD, 447 posts
31 Mar 2019 7:15AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Tardy said..
I Scored a bargain at the windsurfing shed .oldie but a goodie .Thanks for all the help everyone .

Looks like you picked up a great board at a bargain price! I had an older RS3 which I really enjoyed sailing. The various shop bargain bins are always worth looking through - plus when we buy the stuff in them we get inexpensive if superseded gear that still works well, and the shop gets some cash flow.

Tardy
4920 posts
31 Mar 2019 2:57PM
Thumbs Up

cheers snorkel ,
love them bargain bins ...I'm not to proud to ride a 2014 board . it looks hot ..and probably goes like snot .
its on its way ...next week

olskool
QLD, 2444 posts
31 Mar 2019 5:46PM
Thumbs Up

Tardy!!! Who cares how old it is!! As long as it TOTALLY FANGS under your command. My favourite board is my 2002 AHD 150. Suits me n GB conditions perfectly.

Tardy
4920 posts
1 Apr 2019 5:59AM
Thumbs Up

Hows this for a statement ...oldskool ....fastest board on the market in 2014 .-15
Yeow
i might come up and race you ,what sail do I need up there a. 5.5

olskool
QLD, 2444 posts
1 Apr 2019 9:18AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Tardy said..
Hows this for a statement ...oldskool ....fastest board on the market in 2014 .-15
Yeow
i might come up and race you ,what sail do I need up there a. 5.5

Errrr, Tardy this is GB we are talkin about. 8.5-7.5m.

Tardy
4920 posts
1 Apr 2019 7:59AM
Thumbs Up

Ha ha same here mate ,,,8,5 is my most used sail and then a 7,0 when it blows

sboardcrazy
NSW, 7917 posts
2 Apr 2019 12:02PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Tardy said..

Great board ! It's very plug and play and user friendly. I can take my time getting set up when a gust comes through whereas I have to be pretty quick with the isonics! Floats over the chop ( so long as the board isn't too big for the conditions) and gybes great!
I have an Rs 4 that I use in 8-18kts ( patchy) and an Rs2 for 12-18kts ( consistent ).

sboardcrazy
NSW, 7917 posts
2 Apr 2019 12:04PM
Thumbs Up

Here's the 2013 - RS4 ( 111 ltres) in very patchy conditions at Lake George..You need to listen to the commentary .. You should be able to get HQ.
The video shows how it accelerates .The RS3 would be faster.
Just one run with a boom cam down to the spit and back..

Tardy
4920 posts
2 Apr 2019 11:48AM
Thumbs Up

It takes off alright Sue ..yahoo..is the word ..

great commentary ..

thanks for that ..looks like a great spot to sail.

now I have this 100 litre slalom board ..my next step up is a 115 Patrik SL .
I Feel totally spoilt .

sboardcrazy
NSW, 7917 posts
3 Apr 2019 8:23AM
Thumbs Up

Sorry its a 2014 like yours. My RS2 is 2013.

Carindale
QLD, 331 posts
4 Apr 2019 6:49AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
sboardcrazy said..
Here's the 2013 - RS4 ( 111 ltres) in very patchy conditions at Lake George..You need to listen to the commentary .. You should be able to get HQ.

That video was great. Should be a post on its own!

sboardcrazy
NSW, 7917 posts
4 Apr 2019 1:03PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Carindale said..

sboardcrazy said..

That video was great. Should be a post on its own!

Thanks..Will do ..

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing Gear Reviews

"need a fast 100 litre slalom board .any recommendations ??" started by Tardy