Forums > Windsurfing Tasmania

Wednesday wind/possible event/meeting

Reply
Created by clarence 7 months ago, 24 Feb 2018
clarence
TAS, 701 posts
24 Feb 2018 11:19AM
Thumbs Up

Wednesday 28th is Launceston Cup.

There was a wave event planned for Launceston Cup, but with an error regarding the date (22 Feb).

Are people keen to run this event, as I assume a few people will be on the water that day anyway. This is not a state title event.

There is also a WT meeting planned for Wed evening. For those who are interested, we can hook you in by Skype to see what is going on.

This is to get a few matters in order prior to Stanley AGM.

Clarence

Gclark1
TAS, 508 posts
26 Feb 2018 7:32AM
Thumbs Up

Event...I doubt it - wind has gone - surprise, surprise

clarence
TAS, 701 posts
26 Feb 2018 8:23AM
Thumbs Up

It still looks like a fairly good chance on BOM. I think we run with an event, conditions dependent.

I'll put something on facebook and I'll decide some times later today.

Clarence

Mort67
TAS, 208 posts
26 Feb 2018 5:56PM
Thumbs Up

Forecast has come back with a vengeance for Wed afternoon. I think I'll pack some gear in case of a late sail opportunity. Won't make any comp as I'll be in Hobart during the day.

Al Planet
TAS, 1374 posts
26 Feb 2018 5:59PM
Thumbs Up

Its like a yoyo......East might be an option with the low tide..in the afternoon. its hard to predict.

clarence
TAS, 701 posts
27 Feb 2018 8:22AM
Thumbs Up

Wind is looking solid. How about a briefing at 11:00 with a two hour expression session style event from about 12 till 2:00?

East or Bellbouy depending on tide and wind.

Clarence

Al Planet
TAS, 1374 posts
27 Feb 2018 9:21AM
Thumbs Up

I would think that a 2pm start is a better bet.. but its hard to call. The swell needs a little time to build I would think. Seabreeze is saying 21 knots at 12.30 and 26 knots at 3.30.

jimo
TAS, 121 posts
27 Feb 2018 9:41AM
Thumbs Up

Still hard to say what will happen wind-wise tomorrow...
Low tide is around 5 pm and probably a bit better waves in the afternoon as the swell builds.
I think a late start would be the best (4 pm), but it is all a bit of a speculation at the moment given the unstable forecast...

clarence
TAS, 701 posts
27 Feb 2018 8:54PM
Thumbs Up

The forecast has been pretty erratic, but has consistently showed solid wind for most of the afternoon.

I will look at the forecast tomorrow at 8am and call it then.

At this stage I think a 12:30pm briefing and 2:00pm start will be close to the mark.

Clarence

clarence
TAS, 701 posts
28 Feb 2018 8:22AM
Thumbs Up

Briefing 1:00 for 2:00 start.

Meet at East Beach and we'll decide whether it will be East or Bellbuoy then.

Clarence

IbnSigmar
TAS, 29 posts
28 Feb 2018 2:24PM
Thumbs Up

There's a few of us gathered at East & it's 18k from NE.
expecting 20k change to W in a few hours.

clarence
TAS, 701 posts
28 Feb 2018 9:38PM
Thumbs Up

6 on the water today, but conditions were a bit too fickle to run the event.

Great to see the "sigmars" out on the water.

Clarence



Subscribe
Reply

Forums > Windsurfing Tasmania


"Wednesday wind/possible event/meeting" started by clarence