Forums > Windsurfing Victoria

Women on Water windsurfing weekend 11 and 12 November 2017 (VIC)

Created by 40knots > 9 months ago, 31 Oct 2017
40knots
VIC, 87 posts
31 Oct 2017 10:42AM
Thumbs Up

This is very basic sorry but it gets the word out.

Balnarring yacht club (Westernport Yacht Club) are running a women on water weekend on the weekend on the 11th / 12 November. Sat & Sun.
They have arranged for Jessica Crisp to attend and coach. I would like to promote this event and get some women down and sail / race.
How do we promote this event? I am will attend to help, my daughter (10 year old) will sail and learn.
Jessica Crisp is our coach she is a four-time Olympian, representing Australia in Sydney 2000 - Athens 2004 - Beijing 2008 - London 2012 in the RS:X Class. Jessica started sailing in sabots at age 10 and as a teenager transitioned into the windsurfer where she won multiple World Championships. We welcome Jessica to the coaching team this year.

websites.sportstg.com/assoc_page.cgi?client=1-9925-0-0-0&sID=305770&&news_task=DETAIL&articleID=60267023

www.facebook.com/WomenonWaterCoachingRegatta/

websites.sportstg.com/assoc_page.cgi?client=1-9925-0-0-0&sID=305770&&news_task=DETAIL&articleID=60267023

www.trybooking.com/book/event?eid=320886

hopefully see you If you have any questions please call out.

I will find out more and keep you informed. If you need a big board I may be able to help 2017 gear (no old one designs but I have them if you need)

Rob B

Old Salty
VIC, 1271 posts
2 Nov 2017 8:43PM
Thumbs Up

Jessica is a great coach. She came down to Inverloch for two of our Women on Windsurfer days. It is a privilege to have her on board

Lou1
VIC, 20 posts
8 Nov 2017 6:44PM
Thumbs Up

I'm keen, met Jessica before - great coach - but i have no one design whatsoever. Did leave a message with someone but haven't heard anything back. Louise

Lou1
VIC, 20 posts
9 Nov 2017 3:06PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
40knots said..
This is very basic sorry but it gets the word out.

Balnarring yacht club (Westernport Yacht Club) are running a women on water weekend on the weekend on the 11th / 12 November. Sat & Sun.
They have arranged for Jessica Crisp to attend and coach. I would like to promote this event and get some women down and sail / race.
How do we promote this event? I am will attend to help, my daughter (10 year old) will sail and learn.
Jessica Crisp is our coach she is a four-time Olympian, representing Australia in Sydney 2000 - Athens 2004 - Beijing 2008 - London 2012 in the RS:X Class. Jessica started sailing in sabots at age 10 and as a teenager transitioned into the windsurfer where she won multiple World Championships. We welcome Jessica to the coaching team this year.

Still trying to get info but no returned calls so far - interestedly they have taken the word windsurfers off the event promo - it just cites dinghy classes now. I'm sure I saw windsurfer somewhere... in earlier promo material.

40knots
VIC, 87 posts
9 Nov 2017 10:17PM
Thumbs Up

Yes Louise windsurfing is on. I just sent a text with my details. we have a heap of boards you can borrow. One designs. But not sure if you will be able to lift them they must be 25 kg or more full of water. But fun

40knots
VIC, 87 posts
9 Nov 2017 10:25PM
Thumbs Up

Caravan park so bring a tent. Fun weekend.
I have enough boards for all so if you enter I will supply one designs. They have 6 metre sails. Bring smaller sails if you have them we will manage.
but you need to be a Girl

40knots
VIC, 87 posts
11 Nov 2017 3:34PM
Thumbs Up

Wow what a great first day

one designs sups and a few young guns. If you are free tomorrow worth entering. Not many people so you will get a heap of one on one coaching. Even I learnt something

tomorow issy is having a harness lesson.

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing Victoria

"Women on Water windsurfing weekend 11 and 12 November 2017 (VIC)" started by 40knots