Forums > Windsurfing Wave sailing

2016 SURF COAST FROTHERS CLASSIC ! 24th - 27th Jan

Created by Core Boardsports > 9 months ago, 20 Nov 2015
Core Boardsports
VIC, 134 posts
20 Nov 2015 12:18PM
Thumbs Up

As a group of like minded Surf Coast Frothers we are Proposing to run a wave classic event over the Australia Day weekend from Sat 24th to Tue 27th Jan 2016 in around the Surf Coast breaks (Point Danger, Rafs, Posso's, 13th depending on conditions). We will also have Guy Cribb in town for 3 days for our annual wave clinic so we are incorporating his time here to also run a (emphasis on FUN) wave classic event in the afternoons with the hope we will have some sea breezes and swell to get out in

The format is in development and we are open to ideas but this is not going to be typical heats eliminators etc but more an expression session style event where everyone sails and is judged on wave rides highest jumps best loops best tricks etc and there will be Amateur and More advanced categories based on actual performances...

We are also looking at running an old classic race slalom format that incorporates racing through surf at point danger ie out through super tubes and mini tubes over several laps using bouys as jibe markers - this was a format used back in the 'olden' days at the Rip Curl classic when Robbie Naish smashed it as a young Grom;)

One other event that I personally would love to see is a race from Danger to Rafs 18kms with one turn past the bluff and into the beach ! This requires a lot more planning and support so at this stage it's an option pending support and interest.Nominated Committee members (for want of a better term) are ...
Dave Sprague
Glenn Martini
Glenn Daniels
Glenn Kewish
Bryce Miller
Gavin Hulme
Adam Thompson

Anyone else wanting to get involved let me know? Will set up an event page and getting a poster made up too - this is heads up now so great to get feedback and all ideas considered So who's interested ??

Marsh
VIC, 2 posts
8 Dec 2015 2:20PM
Thumbs Up

Count me in, sounds great.... Stoked to hear Cribby is in town, gun sailor and epic bloke.

DanP
VIC, 286 posts
8 Dec 2015 2:59PM
Thumbs Up

Sounds great Dave! I hope to be there, will see how it works with kid minding at home.
Sing out if IWC can help in anyway.

waveboy1
VIC, 236 posts
24 Dec 2015 10:04PM
Thumbs Up

yeah sounds good whats the cost ???$$$$$

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing Wave sailing

"2016 SURF COAST FROTHERS CLASSIC ! 24th - 27th Jan" started by Core Boardsports