Forums > Windsurfing Wave sailing

WANTED - main fins from MFC quad set (QS350 or QS400) or similar

Created by Mark _australia A week ago, 3 Dec 2017
Mark _australia
WA, 17061 posts
3 Dec 2017 5:28PM
Thumbs Up

Can't find them anywhere without buying a full set at $300 not an option for just trying my 5 boxed board (supplied as a thruster) as a quad.

I'd like to find the main fins from an MFC quad set - the 350cm2 or 400cm2 - the mains should be 15.5cm long. The nice upright (not raked) G10 ones. Or the newer red / white ones that I think are still G10 and just painted

I loaded a pic and seabreeze is having a brain fart and won't them let me put it in here......

Stuffed up ones u ran over the reef is just fine (if not preferred )

Anyway, $$$$$ or swap as I have tons of smaller ones.

philn
180 posts
3 Dec 2017 10:10PM
Thumbs Up

Apparently the red and white ones are discontinued, too many complaints that they fell apart due to ****ty quality. They are definitely not G-10. The new black and white ones are supposed to be a better construction, but still not G-10.

After my red and white ones self destructed I replaced them with 16 cm K4 flex and am very happy with the result.

KDog
26 posts
4 Dec 2017 1:28AM
Thumbs Up

Good old G10 tough as nails. All the newer RTM fins from MFC will damage very easy especially the red ones they like to split ,hard to fix .Have not heard anything about the newer black ones.

Mark _australia
WA, 17061 posts
4 Dec 2017 4:51PM
Thumbs Up

I did get a return on the red and white ones a couple years back, when the tab at the front (US box) split when tightened. But they asked for the batch numbers so thus I guess only the early ones did it, and it was fixed after a while. Anyway I am going to use them in slot box so I don't care :) :)
I am still interested in split ones, I'll fix them. Or, in other brands as long as they are stiff and fairly upright like the old MFC quad main fins.

Squid Lips
WA, 687 posts
5 Dec 2017 1:00PM
Thumbs Up

I've got a pair of the red ones from a QS350 set with wrecked tips if you want to try and fix them. Are you in Gero? I'll be up there in a couple of weeks if you can wait that long.

Mark _australia
WA, 17061 posts
5 Dec 2017 9:11PM
Thumbs Up

Yeah cool man I'd be in - and can wait. :) :)

drdick
17 posts
Saturday , 9 Dec 2017 6:42PM
Thumbs Up

gday mark, what is your postal address, also got a set u can have and happy to post them and catch up for a beer sometime

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing Wave sailing

"WANTED - main fins from MFC quad set (QS350 or QS400) or similar" started by Mark _australia