Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

Any reviews on naish charger 2010

Created by dyno > 9 months ago, 29 Nov 2009
dyno
WA, 15 posts
29 Nov 2009 8:51PM
Thumbs Up

Has anyone used the naish charger im currently useing switchblades 2010
10 and 12 and a crossbow 13 2010 i like these kites but want to find out info an the naish chargers cheers

Rider: Weigh 99kng
Style: Freeriding, Surf
Weather: 10-35 knots
Disclosure: am not a team rider or work for shop just enjoy freeriding

BrisKites
QLD, 1286 posts
30 Nov 2009 8:35PM
Thumbs Up

Maybe wait a week or so Dyno. Stock of Chargers isn't quite in stores yet, just a couple of demos floating around the country.

BrisKites
QLD, 1286 posts
17 Jan 2010 10:10PM
Thumbs Up

Some quick notes on the Charger-

Relaunch- A bit too easy if you ask me. What happened to the days we had to learn the hard way. Our 7m will relaunch off the water in 10knt. The kite basically does it for you.

Flying- Great stability, fast turning. It has the lightest bar pressure of all the Deltas which is a plus for one handed wave riding. Backs up in the window nicely for riding down the line.
I found it needs little to no trim for unhooking which is refreshing.

No idea on jumping yet as I need to get one out in decent wind.

http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=7647347&;server=vimeo.com

pro merc
NSW, 300 posts
18 Jan 2010 1:50PM
Thumbs Up

Rider: 80kg,intermediate
Style: Surf/ flatwater
Weather: 20 knots
Build Quality:9.5/10
Satisfaction: 9/10
Disclosure: shop - alliancegear.com.au

i have ridden the 9m Charger a few times and it is one of the better delta kites out there, its like a jack of all trades and will suit anyone for pretty much everything.

it has all the good delta characteristics of good bottom end, big range, fast turning, very good relaunch but does have a much lighter bar pressure than other delta's which i liked a lot.

i rode this kite on a twintip and was able to throw it around like nobodies business, fast turning when depowered and even while its drifting. the jumping is also excellent on this kite. i could almost get away with a 9m from lightest wind on a skimboard to 35knots on a twintip.

this kite made me like delta kites, surprisingly nice setup!!!

tightlines
WA, 3467 posts
18 Jan 2010 3:07PM
Thumbs Up

pro merc said...

....... does have a much lighter bar pressure than other delta's which i liked a lot...........

Goes to show that personal preference plays a big part in selecting a kite, It's probably quite a good kite.......but...... I wasn't that impressed at all.
Mainly because of the complete lack of feel/bar pressure, as I said this is a personal thing and if you are used to flying other light bar pressure kites you might find this is a positive, but for me it's a huge negative.
Also the one I tried didn't have a stopper ball fitted and the amount of travel on the bar was huge, I could barely reach the bar again when I let go to spin the bar. I am used to a short throw on the bar, but believe they do come with a stopper so that would solve that problem.

pro merc
NSW, 300 posts
19 Jan 2010 10:09AM
Thumbs Up

yeah i flew it with and without a stopper, the bar throw is super long. after putting the stopper on there it was much better!

bar pressure is definately a personal thing, i like a enough to feel what the kite is doing. maybe my stick arms are not as strong as your! :)

BrisKites
QLD, 1286 posts
19 Jan 2010 11:05AM
Thumbs Up

It does have 2 more positions to increase the bar pressure, takes about 30 seconds to change.
Definately fit the stopper before first flight, the long throw is appealing to learners and safety conscious riders but I always use a stopper.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"Any reviews on naish charger 2010" started by dyno