Active Topics |  Search

Login or Register
Forums > Kitesurfing > Gear Reviews > NOBILE - 666 kiteboards
Author NOBILE - 666 kiteboards
Page: of 1
QLD
927 Posts
Posted 29/8/2006, 7:16 pm        Report
I've had the Nobile 666 board (132x 40) for a good 2 months now and i can honestly say the board is more than super sweet. I have been riding it with both bindings and straps (mostly bindings though as they fit straight on to the original inserts) The first thing you notice is the clear window on the deck which allows you to see what the board is made of..... wood, honeycomb, PVC foam, rubber, carbon and kevlar. The 3D moulded tail controls the flex in the tips and gives a more bitey feel so you can get away with riding super small fins, even in really choppy stuff. It honestly has to be one of the best boards for upwind performance and pops off the water like a cork from a champagne bottle. The board gets on the plane easy and the faster you go the more in control you feel. Just push your back leg down and shoot upwind. This board will take a hell of a beating......trust me on that. If you doubt the boards strength there is also a 666 PTEX version with die cut PTEX base for improved kicker & slider use, Its meant for the different riding style bindings give and is also easy to repair from the damage kickers & sliders do to boards. It also has extra inserts for different stance options. These boards are well worth the money and riders of any ability will greatly benifit from the performance features. With a kiter like Mark Shinn designing, testing and approving them you know that the board is built from a kiter with years of experience and is designed for todays style of kiteboarder. I wish i had 2 extra hands so i could give this board 4 thumbs up! Get your hands on one and give it go.
WA
1337 Posts
Posted 29/8/2006, 7:54 pm        Report
yep had mine since jan, best board i have ever ridden! Only thing letting it down is carving, the rails are sharp and tiny so it tends to skip out pretty easily. So that means any sort of waveriding is out. And because its got near bugerall rocker at the tips it doesn't handle chop all that well. Butter Flat water, 12m weather, 666*132 it doesnt get much better
QLD
56 Posts
Posted 7/9/2006, 1:46 pm        Report
Nobile have some plastic inserts that go under the fins for the 666 and the 555 that give you increased rocker. Quik and easy to screw on and you can feel the differance.
WA
1337 Posts
Posted 16/9/2006, 5:01 pm        Report
136 Posts
Posted 18/9/2006, 7:00 pm        Report
As one of the riders for Nobile and one of Marks friends I can honestly say that if you love the 2006 666 Nobile.... wait til you see and ride the 2007 Nobile. The graphics are out of this world and the have changed the outline of the board too. I was lucky enought to be in Egypt testing the 07 boards and I had to sign a form promising not to release any photos or info before they were released. I am happy now as its been a hard secret to keep! Get to your local dealer and snap one up now. I'm not sure how many Roman is getting in on the first delivery! Happy riding. prokiterUK
WA
52 Posts
Posted 20/9/2006, 7:55 pm        Report
Anyone stocking these in WA?
WA
3 Posts
Posted 29/10/2006, 9:09 am        Report
The only place i know is Full Tilt in Rockingham. will take a while for the order to come through, but will be worth it. give the guy a call on 0411510514
quote:
Originally posted by Deso
Anyone stocking these in WA?
NSW
70 Posts
Posted 4/11/2006, 6:47 am        Report
can you put a pair of unions on the 2007 666? cause this is the board for me!
WA
33 Posts
Posted 6/11/2006, 7:02 pm        Report
Was in the new full tilt shop today in canning vale and they had just recieved a good range of the Nobile and Shinn boards. Look sick, deffinately getting one
QLD
56 Posts
Posted 7/11/2006, 9:04 am        Report
Dont know if the unions will fit to the "07" 666. but i will tell you when i give it ago.
WA
1337 Posts
Posted 8/11/2006, 4:16 pm        Report
yeah they fit same as 06 666. 07 666 is frothen. word is on other forums that 666 cant take the punishment of bindings. so be careful kids, and check to see if your dealer will stand behind u if u use boots.
Brunei Darussalam
202 Posts
Posted 9/11/2006, 7:33 pm        Report
Any word on the nobile Shinn kiteboard?
WA
1337 Posts
Posted 10/11/2006, 9:06 pm        Report
quote:
Originally posted by carbine
yeah they fit same as 06 666. 07 666 is frothen. word is on other forums that 666 cant take the punishment of bindings. so be careful kids, and check to see if your dealer will stand behind u if u use boots.
to update, unions will not fit on 07 666. but will fit on 06 666.
NSW
1085 Posts
Posted 12/11/2006, 7:50 am        Report
I rode the 07' 666 nobile 129 yesterday and it's awesome, the board is the best constructed , and most eye pleasing board I have ever seen by far. I usually ride the 06 122 flx and the differences are that the nobile is a LOT smoother and tracks with a lot mor grip, especially in chop it cruises though it without hardly moving, and especially in high speed I found the flx hard to control or keep tracking without a lot of leg tensing and body position holding as the board skip and slides in the chop but the nobile tends to sit in the chop and not skip or slide, so you can relax more. jump landings were more stable again for the same reason. board bags' great and the foot pads I found comfy aswell.
QLD
188 Posts
Posted 12/11/2006, 8:43 am        Report
I also rode my new 07 666 129 for the first time yesterday. Had about a 3 hour session with it in smallish chop. It's a great board! Very smooth... and cuts through the water very cleanly, like a very sharp knife. I have been riding an 06 555 for about the last 6 weeks (while waiting for new board to arrive)and found the 666 produced less spray. It's a fast board and I can't wait to try it on flatter water. I inserted the rocker profilers under the rear fins as we do get a bit of chop. As an intermediat"ish" rider I was a bit worried that I had bought too much board for my ability and should have stuck with the 555. Although the 666 feels a bit stiffer I don't think it should scare off other 'non experts'. Best to try both if possible, then make up own mind. I found the new footbed system more comfy than last years.
QLD
108 Posts
Posted 13/11/2006, 6:26 am        Report
I am currently riding the 2006 FLX 128. I am looking at a new board but the problem is that where I ride we have fairly mixed conditions, flat water and insane chop. I considered the FLX as a pretty good allrounder. Can anyone comment on how the 666 goes in these types of conditions. Camo
WA
1337 Posts
Posted 13/11/2006, 8:43 am        Report
07 666 lot better in chop. Really slices, as long as you ride fast and hard, keep your body stiff you will just cut through it. If your going slow and try and absorb the chop with your body, its pretty **** bounces all over teh place.
QLD
108 Posts
Posted 13/11/2006, 10:39 am        Report
Tanks Carbine. Have you ridden an FLX, any chance of a comparison? Camo
WA
1337 Posts
Posted 13/11/2006, 12:27 pm        Report
used to ride a 132 04 flx. but have ridden 128 06 a few times. i believe the 666 is a class above the flx's even in chop. Flx is real hard on my knees. I know people say flx is good on knees, but after months of aching on the 04 flx i had a break from kiting, got on the 666 no problems at all. Hopped back on 132 flx pain came back in one session. one things for sure, 07 nobiles pads are the sweetest out there.
QLD
56 Posts
Posted 14/11/2006, 2:55 pm        Report
I just got the 129 "666" for 07, only had the chance to ride it once. It is a real smooth board to ride, the foot pads are thicker and the strap is all built in so it is easy as to put on the board and looks neat to. For hard landings its been very forgiving. Make sure you test ride one and see for yourself.
VIC
73 Posts
Posted 15/11/2006, 7:25 pm        Report
Kiterepublic have a couple of 130 in stock Nic
VIC
337 Posts
Posted 16/11/2006, 9:52 am        Report
St Kite, do you have demo 666 07's.
NSW
1085 Posts
Posted 20/11/2006, 4:41 pm        Report
Had a descent session with the Rocker profilers in on the 07 129 666. They made a huge difference, and I found the board would still slice through the chop but also when it did move up and down it was a lot smoother than without them. I think the book said to only put them on the heelside however I had them in on all the fins.
NSW
1085 Posts
Posted 27/11/2006, 3:33 pm        Report
tried the 666 EXT out in 10-12 kts. The board is UNNATURAL. If your sick of upwind walks caus your kite isn't big enough and the wind allways isnt blowing enough but don't want to put up with a big slow turning kite then this board is for you. it will buy you 2-3 kts lower wind range and have you planing in conditions it seems impossible on 13-15 metre kites (i used a 13 metre) it's, really good for upwind and for sliding, and handles the chop well.
WA
217 Posts
Posted 27/11/2006, 9:41 pm        Report
hey dachopper can you explain to me the rocker profilers.I understand they go under the fins,but how do they change rocker.Just cant picture it Cheers.
NSW
1085 Posts
Posted 28/11/2006, 4:47 am        Report
if you have a board , or know someone who has you can see how they bend it when you screw the fins on easiest.... as far as I can tell the bottom of the fins are flat and shaped to the natural board shape so they fit flush with the board when you screw them on. Without measuring it, the rocker profilers (or spacers) sit between the fin and the board, and I believe have a special built in taper to be thicker at the end of the board and thinner towards the centre. So basically the profiler will allways sit flush against the fin because it's extremely hard and flat on it's base , while the board which is extremely flexy at the fin position will bend around the shape of the profiler as the screws tighten up( remember theres a curve in the profilers thick to thin). And believe me there aint much pressure required at all to get the board to bend while your screwing the fins back on. It's a pretty smart concept & I don't think will won't with most boards out there because they don't have the technology around the fin area. The nobile boards have their stiff reinforcing mainly along the centre strut along the centre of the board and also the mid section along the rail , but at the tips, the board is alowed to flex a lot more at the edges as the rail rinforcing blends to nothing towards the tips, and the deck reinforcing trends to the centre of the board allowing a lot of pop but awesome flex for chop and to allow the rocker profilers to change the rocker of the board.
WA
217 Posts
Posted 28/11/2006, 9:15 pm        Report
cheers, makes abit more sense. The board is bending to the shape of the profiler when pulled down tight with the fin screw.Do you feel any drag from the extra bulk of the profiler?
NSW
1085 Posts
Posted 29/11/2006, 3:00 pm        Report
extra drag? the profilers match the bottom of the fin perfectly and they look like their about a millimeter thick... so i don't think so

Page: of 1
Forums > Kitesurfing > Gear Reviews > NOBILE - 666 kiteboards
^^^ Return to top of page ^^^