Forums > Kitesurfing General

Mystic Neo Hood Virus

Created by lancekenny > 9 months ago, 13 May 2008
lancekenny
SA, 402 posts
13 May 2008 7:54PM
Thumbs Up

Has anyone used one of these hoods and if so can you tell me what it is like when it gets water in it or when you go underwater with it? Keen to understand how water is released from the hood. Looks like it would provide great cold and sun protection!

Thanks
Lance

Saffer
VIC, 4501 posts
14 May 2008 6:35PM
Thumbs Up

Not a bad idea if you spend long periods of time on the water just from a sun perspective. I hope my wife doesn't see this or she may want me to wear one.

lancekenny
SA, 402 posts
14 May 2008 6:11PM
Thumbs Up

If I could go back and change my habits in the sun I would in a heart beat - sunscreen is great but for kiting for long periods a physical barrier is really the only alternative.

After spending 5 weeks out after treating my whole face to a chemical burn because of the sun I would gladly wear one of these than go through that again...

bellz
WA, 572 posts
14 May 2008 5:48PM
Thumbs Up

dude just zink ur whole face way betta and u wont look like a human condom!

BigFatMick
273 posts
14 May 2008 6:02PM
Thumbs Up

"Mystic Neo Hood Virus"

Can I get rid of it with Nortons/AVG/Simantec/etc, or do I have to download the latest anti-virus?

BigFatMick
273 posts
14 May 2008 6:17PM
Thumbs Up

or do you mean this thing?

sorse
NSW, 509 posts
15 May 2008 10:38AM
Thumbs Up

Check your local shop who carries mystic range as there are a few avaliable I think

lancekenny
SA, 402 posts
15 May 2008 12:03PM
Thumbs Up

It would be great if any shops that stock them can reply - I am after the one that covers the lips also as this is where the majority of my sun damage was. 3 months on and they are as good as new but I do have issues with zinc staying in place long enough which is the reason I am after a hood like this.

This is what my lips looked like at the height of my treatment - the inside of my top lip was even worse - reflected light from the water I am guessing! Still a much better option than surgery!

felixk
QLD, 312 posts
15 May 2008 12:46PM
Thumbs Up

Thats cronic!

lancekenny
SA, 402 posts
15 May 2008 12:31PM
Thumbs Up

yeah sorry didnt think the pic was going to be that big

I had a small white spot that was scaly on my lip that wouldnt heal - I thought that was the only bit that was going to be effected - amazing what lies beneath the surface that we dont know about!

Saffer
VIC, 4501 posts
15 May 2008 2:23PM
Thumbs Up

How do you know the areas that were badly affected? I thought it burnt all your skin, not just the sun damaged areas?

lancekenny
SA, 402 posts
15 May 2008 2:03PM
Thumbs Up

no it will only draw out the damaged areas of the skin - I also did my whole face and it was very selective in what it brought to the surface and burnt off. To me with my medical background I find this option a much better proceedure than surgery or liquid nitrogen as it targets and removes the damaged skin - the other methods although effective are very hit and miss.

The solar keratosis I had on the middle of my bottom lip was the only sign that my lip has a degree of sun damage, I guess a bit like those cameras that can show sun damage on your face... you cant see it with the naked eye.

A bloody painful process and guaranteed to help you loose those extra kilos :|

General
WA, 471 posts
15 May 2008 12:56PM
Thumbs Up

bellz said...

dude just zink ur whole face way betta and u wont look like a human condom!

People who zink their whole faces look worse

sneakybutche
VIC, 73 posts
15 May 2008 3:10PM
Thumbs Up

I can't imagine you got much action looking like that!

lancekenny
SA, 402 posts
15 May 2008 3:19PM
Thumbs Up

If you saw the rest of my head you would ask the same question

junglist
VIC, 701 posts
15 May 2008 4:13PM
Thumbs Up

Jesus mate!!!

You had your head done as well

What was that doing out in the sun

Cheers

J

nickloop
WA, 138 posts
16 May 2008 12:49AM
Thumbs Up

Bloody hell that looks painful, see move to the Uk, we dont suffer from the sunshine, but our lips look like that from frostbite.LOL.
Gotta get me missus one of those hoods though.
Cant you just wear a plastic bag on yr head? just put yr arms through the handles of a carrier bag, sorted.
I wear a hood in winter, when you take a dunk, and it fills with water it normally comes out through mouth hole,just as you take a big breath,so drowning you.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Mystic Neo Hood Virus" started by lancekenny