Forums > Windsurfing Gear Reviews

OES twinfin, yeehaaaa

Created by junior freestyle > 9 months ago, 15 Dec 2008
junior freestyle
QLD, 546 posts
15 Dec 2008 9:46AM
Thumbs Up

far out! where do i start, such a great board so well thought out. I have used it in verything from dead onshore 25 knots to cross off beautiful down the line. the speed the board generates is probobly the most noticable thing, its incredible a it off frount foot pressure down a wave and catch ya later. The turning circle is preety rediculous too. u just pick out a section and it will be there with heaps off speed in tow too. perfect mix of speed and turning abilities.

well done OES

Jens
WA, 340 posts
15 Dec 2008 10:34AM
Thumbs Up

Which board are you riding Junior? Give us some details...

Cheers, jens

rooster
WA, 243 posts
15 Dec 2008 3:46PM
Thumbs Up

junior freestyle said...

far out! where do i start, such a great board so well thought out. I have used it in verything from dead onshore 25 knots to cross off beautiful down the line. the speed the board generates is probobly the most noticable thing, its incredible a it off frount foot pressure down a wave and catch ya later. The turning circle is preety rediculous too. u just pick out a section and it will be there with heaps off speed in tow too. perfect mix of speed and turning abilities.

well done OES

Have to agree mate. My twinny is the larger guys 98 litre model and although I have only had it in onshore stuff have to say it rips. Cant wait to give it a work out on some south coast stuff
I weigh 105 kgs and have used it with a 5.8- 4.7
Its definately a waveboard and likes to turn so not ideal for bump and jump crap.

junior freestyle
QLD, 546 posts
17 Dec 2008 12:14AM
Thumbs Up

well i'm 75 kg and i have a 78 and a 69. the 69 is a machine aye, absolute weapon. its great because the extra length and the awsome rocker line allows you to use a 5.o really comfortably on my pocket wave (78liter) the 5 felt too big for the board. i

the 78 is a slightly slahier board but still drives really nice off the bottom. super early planning too.

just too cap off the package they look freaking awsome too.

jw

peto
NSW, 405 posts
17 Dec 2008 6:41PM
Thumbs Up

Hey JF, just wondering how can a 5.0 wavesail feel too big on a 78ltr waveboard? Not being critical, just honestly want to know.

junior freestyle
QLD, 546 posts
19 Dec 2008 10:06PM
Thumbs Up

well i think this is a very personel thing but it comes down to the rocker line and length of the board. the poket 78 is wuite short and whn planning it does fell too big. feels asif u are colliding with chop i have talked with fellow owners of the same board and they had the same feeling. but thats just me so it could be great for somone else

greenleader
QLD, 5283 posts
20 Dec 2008 12:25AM
Thumbs Up

ith wiipth grate haardnepth tooooo reed uuuuorrr revhews joonyor!

sorry, couldn't help mysef, jesse

aus301
QLD, 2039 posts
21 Dec 2008 8:58PM
Thumbs Up

our bloody secratary can't type for **.

rooster
WA, 243 posts
23 Dec 2008 10:24PM
Thumbs Up

Check out www.seabreeze.com.au/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=45049 to see an OES in the flesh

Haircut
QLD, 6480 posts
1 Jan 2009 12:31AM
Thumbs Up

greenleader said...

ith wiipth grate haardnepth tooooo reed uuuuorrr revhews joonyor!

sorry, couldn't help mysef, jesse

still typing one handed. enjoy it while it works i say

OES Fan
WA, 13 posts
6 Jan 2009 10:56PM
Thumbs Up

Hey Junior,

Nothing wrong with my OES TF 78!

80kg, 4.5m and the thing goes off even in the shorey...

Nice work OES Fellas

OESaustralia
SA, 276 posts
8 Jan 2009 9:03AM
Thumbs Up

OES Twin fins in action at Kuau Maui

OES Fan
WA, 13 posts
11 Jan 2009 8:59AM
Thumbs Up

OES TF 78 in action in Geraldton in some fun stuff at Point Moore. love this board

Gestalt
QLD, 14123 posts
11 Jan 2009 10:19AM
Thumbs Up

Junior Freestyle on his OES twin

billekrub
123 posts
12 Jan 2009 12:35AM
Thumbs Up

peto said...

Hey JF, just wondering how can a 5.0 wavesail feel too big on a 78ltr waveboard? Not being critical, just honestly want to know.

About 80 kg, developing wave sailor, less proficient in left side wind.

Have been using the 78tf in heavy seas, fast Pacific waves and different wind conditions with the 4.7 and 5.3. Also use the Fanatic New Wave 81 from '08 which is a more conventional action and has a big fin (too big).

I think the tail and fins of the board are small for a 78 and are designed for 4.2 and 4.7, while the front has some larger board characteristics for slogging, early planing, and radical surfing. No apparent V is visible. Larger fins might help with a bigger sail, but probably slow the board too much for smaller sizes. Reading between the lines, the designer spent some time making custom fins and changing this is highly experimental.

The small tail and short length give the board its amazing turning ability on a wave or a jibe, and the wider front gives it speed, good momentum in turns, early planing, easy slogging...

In heavy seas on a reach one can cope and it helps to reduce sail power at times. Probably, with the 5.3, the tail is too small, and also the fins. It gets to be more work.

OESaustralia
SA, 276 posts
24 Jan 2009 3:02PM
Thumbs Up

2010 Twins being tested over the last two days in Port Lincoln West South OZ

Gestalt
QLD, 14123 posts
27 Jan 2009 11:32PM
Thumbs Up

some more pics of junior's twin.

OESaustralia
SA, 276 posts
12 Feb 2009 2:50PM
Thumbs Up

Rob Zacker on a 2010 95 L OES twin fin testing against Matt Young 95 L OES Single fin for speed , gybing and upwind performace on flat water

fastfredo
50 posts
22 Feb 2009 8:16PM
Thumbs Up

OES TF95 in action at Walkers Rocks Elliston South Australia
Rider Maris Naish

OES Fan
WA, 13 posts
8 Mar 2009 10:06PM
Thumbs Up

Had my OES TF 78 since September 08 and have probably had the most fun season i have had in years thanks to this board. To cap it off, just scored a fun weekend in the NW and now i have no doubt that this one of the best, most versatile, toughest and better looking wave boards i have ever had! The thing still looks brand new even after a hard season.

Great work OES fellas

stehsegler
WA, 3450 posts
8 Mar 2009 10:20PM
Thumbs Up

Peter,

Is there anywhere on the east coast I can get hold of a 95+ liter OES twin fin to try out?

I have been saying to this to people left right and centre but everyone seems to think I am not making much sense... I believe the most overlooked market for wave boards at the moment is the 95 to 105 liter boards segment.

Yes I admit it ... I am getting bigger as every year goes by... called it being lazy... call it being genetically handicapped... either way I love to go for a sail just as much as everyone else...

rooster
WA, 243 posts
9 Mar 2009 7:45PM
Thumbs Up

stehsegler said...

I have been saying to this to people left right and centre but everyone seems to think I am not making much sense... I believe the most overlooked market for wave boards at the moment is the 95 to 105 liter boards segment.

Yes I admit it ... I am getting bigger as every year goes by... called it being lazy... call it being genetically handicapped... either way I love to go for a sail just as much as everyone else...

Well I can vouch for the large twinny that Pete makes. Im 105kgs and it rocks for me. Have used it in all conditions in west oz and it comes through with flying colours. Best wave board I have ever owned (and there has been a few). If the world market was a bit better I would consider getting another one but we will see what happens. Can definately recommend an OES board to anyone.

fastfredo
50 posts
9 Mar 2009 10:30PM
Thumbs Up

Pete Ross and Maris Naish testing the OES 2010 Twin Fin 90 and 95 at Walkers Rocks West South Australia

Jens
WA, 340 posts
10 Mar 2009 10:35AM
Thumbs Up

Nice piccies Fredo. B&W works surprisingly well doesn't it?

OESaustralia
SA, 276 posts
24 Mar 2009 8:51AM
Thumbs Up

OES Twin Fin 78 ,Sailor "Trainer''
Platboom Beach South Africa

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing Gear Reviews

"OES twinfin, yeehaaaa" started by junior freestyle