Forums > Windsurfing Victoria

Longboards dusted off on Sunday 11th

Created by seahorse > 9 months ago, 31 Mar 2010
seahorse
QLD, 133 posts
31 Mar 2010 7:58AM
Thumbs Up

Inverloch Windsurfing Club having a longboard day on Sunday 11th - http://www.driftmedia.com.au/iwc/Welcome_files/iwc_kona_110410_flyer_1.pdf

Would be great to see some weird and wacky relics from the past down there in the morning and around lunch. Also a chance for a test ride of some Kona One demo boards (ducktail). If it's windy then go for freestyle, speed, waves after lunch.

On a separate note - what dusty old longboards do you have at your place - would be interesting to hear what vic sailors have got at home... (including shiny new SUPs etc)

windaddict
VIC, 1121 posts
31 Mar 2010 10:05AM
Thumbs Up

I have a tyronsea 330, which I still use on those nice hot summer days where its 0-10 knots all day. Good fun cruising around on it when the wife is sun baking on the beach

drift
VIC, 737 posts
31 Mar 2010 12:30PM
Thumbs Up

I think I can dig up an old Wayler YPSI...just got to get rid of the frogs that are living in the centreboard casing...

iwindsurf
VIC, 44 posts
31 Mar 2010 1:25PM
Thumbs Up

My first board, TC Runner 220L, but got rid of the orginal sail.

jakranz
VIC, 126 posts
31 Mar 2010 10:09PM
Thumbs Up

I'm in with a Fanatic Cobra (about 360cm) and 250L, looks like Queen Mary next to my Tabou Rocket 105. Even have the old 6m sail from the 80's and a pink seat harness, very cool.

breakwind
VIC, 27 posts
31 Mar 2010 10:16PM
Thumbs Up

jakranz said...

I'm in with a Fanatic Cobra (about 360cm) and 250L, looks like Queen Mary next to my Tabou Rocket 105. Even have the old 6m sail from the 80's and a pink seat harness, very cool.

I have a 4m French Jet. Looks like a aircraft carrier comared to my others!

jonesmb
QLD, 75 posts
31 Mar 2010 9:23PM
Thumbs Up

Great idea, hope to be there. Here's a shot of some longboard sailing at Sandy Point from last year. I'm on raceboard I recently built and my son is on a kona link.

seahorse
QLD, 133 posts
1 Apr 2010 12:11PM
Thumbs Up

Is it your Kona?? Do you know of any other Kona One sailors in Vic?

WindRider
QLD, 833 posts
1 Apr 2010 12:41PM
Thumbs Up

I have a BIC Bamba. It's currently been used a garden art along the side fence. But should be still sailable. Last time I used was at Inverloch. Fully planning and carve gybing with a 8.5m. Hope the weather is good and I will be there with the old beast.

buckles
VIC, 107 posts
1 Apr 2010 2:59PM
Thumbs Up

This is my first board. I got it about 17 yrs ago and still more often than not, choose to sail it than my "ever so slightly" more modern short board. Still great fun in almost any conditions. It's even had a few attempts at wave sailing and though none were greatly successful, I did manage to get it past the breakers.

jonesmb
QLD, 75 posts
1 Apr 2010 9:47PM
Thumbs Up

seahorse said...

Yes I bought it when I was up in Queensland last year. It's a "short" longboard at 300cm. Haven't seen any other kona boards on the water.

Old Salty
VIC, 1271 posts
1 Apr 2010 11:49PM
Thumbs Up

We will have two for everyone to try

oldie
VIC, 356 posts
2 Apr 2010 3:23PM
Thumbs Up

I will bring my F2 whateveritis that I rescued from the tip and converted to Bic base.
Interested to see if it can kjeep up with a Kona. [}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)]

kato
VIC, 3347 posts
2 Apr 2010 8:36PM
Thumbs Up

My 2 one designs will be there for anyone to use.My bet is they still be the fastest in non planning conditions.

drift
VIC, 737 posts
7 Apr 2010 2:01PM
Thumbs Up

Forecast is looking interesting for Sunday!!!!

If you're planning on coming down could you fling me an email????

cheers
mick

Flipper11
VIC, 356 posts
7 Apr 2010 5:24PM
Thumbs Up

Does not look like it will be a long board type weather day hahah maybe change to a sinker day and i will bring my old sinker thats been in me shed for years.. hehehehe i will give old salty a go of my fiber glass sinker, hehehe

Roy
VIC, 128 posts
7 Apr 2010 9:30PM
Thumbs Up

seahorse said...

Hi Seahorse,
I have a Kona Style (which is a Kona One without the EVA deck grip). Great board and lots of fun. Although havent used it much in the last few years.....2 kids under 3 & a house under renovation

When I do take it out, I usually sail at St Kilda or sometimes Pt Danger. I havent ever seen anyone else with a Kona One in Victoria but there is a guy at Torquay with a Kona Surf.

Roy

Spotty
VIC, 1619 posts
7 Apr 2010 11:11PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks to Drift I was able to capture some Easter Long weekend, Longboard (SUP) moments. This SUP is 12'6" long and bottom turns well on a wave.

Flipper11
VIC, 356 posts
8 Apr 2010 12:42AM
Thumbs Up

It's sinker time baby, woo hoo woo hoo woo hoo

Flipper11
VIC, 356 posts
8 Apr 2010 12:47AM
Thumbs Up

I want to see old salty, sail a long board wally in the 35 knot forecast he,he,he,he must bring my camera hehehe

seahorse
QLD, 133 posts
8 Apr 2010 9:10PM
Thumbs Up

Forecast is starting to come back to something more longboardish for the Sunday Morning - still a bit early to feel 100% confident that it will all be on but certainly looking more likely than this time yesterday. Final call tomorrow (Friday night) so check this thread on Sat. With a bit of luck we'll have a 15 - 22 knot morning and a 20 - 30 knot afternoon with sandbars starting to appear mid afternoon with a bit of luck - should be good for blasting etc..

drift
VIC, 737 posts
8 Apr 2010 9:17PM
Thumbs Up

Spotty said...

Thanks to Drift I was able to capture some Easter Long weekend, Longboard (SUP) moments. This SUP is 12'6" long and bottom turns well on a wave.

Spotty,
That's a stubbie on the nose of the board.....Wheres the straw?????

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing Victoria

"Longboards dusted off on Sunday 11th" started by seahorse