Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

SUP'ing Jbay South Africa (video)

Created by PeterP > 9 months ago, 28 Jul 2010
PeterP
816 posts
28 Jul 2010 10:54PM
Thumbs Up

This years Billabong Pro had good waves - and in between heats Chris Bertish managed to find a few...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

PeterP
816 posts
28 Jul 2010 10:58PM
Thumbs Up

ok - so embed doesn't work...(what am I doing wrong?)

here is link:

tha dogman
NSW, 2912 posts
29 Jul 2010 2:02AM
Thumbs Up

sick waves

the little 8yr old grommet is going off

chris is tearing that 9'0 naish, loose as in the larger waves

DavidJohn
VIC, 17408 posts
29 Jul 2010 9:08AM
Thumbs Up

Great vid.. Thanks.

DJ

shimmyshazbo
QLD, 251 posts
29 Jul 2010 12:05PM
Thumbs Up

im shocked that the jeffreys locals have let suppers out at supertubes!!! im keen as to get out there on a sup!!! things must be changing there big time!!

goatman
NSW, 2151 posts
29 Jul 2010 12:29PM
Thumbs Up

That video was shot at 'Point' not Supertubes - a far more mellow wave about 500 meters down the line from Supers.

Nice surfing by the way!

Shep
WA, 153 posts
29 Jul 2010 10:42AM
Thumbs Up

(whoops didnt see your post Goatie)

Not Supers... further down the line.. more like Albatross

Domo
NSW, 131 posts
29 Jul 2010 7:23PM
Thumbs Up

Yip, it's at the Point, and the acceptance of SUP's is still a tentative one in the line up, but at spots like the Point "show respect" and things will be cool.
Oh and it also helps if you are a known big wave charger and you rip on a SUP!!

mikeman
QLD, 692 posts
31 Jul 2010 9:05AM
Thumbs Up

Hey Kingdom, I will be at JBay from 8th-14th Aug. Hoping to get some barrels on my short board. Will be in Cape Town on/off till the end of the month. It would be great to catch up with the Cape Town crew.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
31 Jul 2010 11:08AM
Thumbs Up

mikeman said...

Hey Kingdom, I will be at JBay from 8th-14th Aug. Hoping to get some barrels on my short board. Will be in Cape Town on/off till the end of the month. It would be great to catch up with the Cape Town crew.

Envy from me! Hope u get some swell and have a good one. That place rocks.

Domo
NSW, 131 posts
31 Jul 2010 9:04PM
Thumbs Up

mikeman said...

It will be cool to have you in town. We can get Giggs, PeterP, Chris and the rest local crew together for a surf or two when you in Cape Town. There is a great watering hole next door to Giggs' shop as well ;)

I have sent you a PM with my number, so give us a call when you get here.
KD

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

"SUP'ing Jbay South Africa (video)" started by PeterP