Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

2011 starboard 9ft 1pro wave

Created by macs > 9 months ago, 14 Jun 2011
macs
NSW, 78 posts
14 Jun 2011 3:48PM
Thumbs Up

had the chance to give the 9-1 pro wave a litle test run in only 1 to 2ft clean waves[ i am 85kgs and 59 yrs old ] i am coming off a naish quad 9-6 so the pro wave is a little shorter in length and about 4 lts less than the naish.i have to say what a sweet board the pro wave is ...good stability..good direction change ...feels smaller than it looks...surfs nice and loose...so far in smallish waves.not quiet sure about the non slip...bit hard to get used to after only supped with grip.used booties which felt great..hopefully get a session or 2 in bigger surf when weather settles a bit.

glennc
NSW, 144 posts
14 Jun 2011 5:44PM
Thumbs Up

Hi Macs
your selling yourself short. I was out there that day and you were ripping the bags out it.
The spray off one of your cutty's knocked me off as I paddled past.

macs
NSW, 78 posts
14 Jun 2011 6:21PM
Thumbs Up

hi glennc.

you are very kind ...don't know about the spray you must have slipped off accidently.....i think your board was a bit small....

glennc
NSW, 144 posts
14 Jun 2011 6:28PM
Thumbs Up

Hey macs
Could have fallen off from laughing too hard

johndg
WA, 206 posts
14 Jun 2011 7:15PM
Thumbs Up

I have recently got the 8'5" pro and have put a deck pad on. Also a good board and does everything well too. You could try this one as it is not a big step down. It nose rides really well and has good rocker which is noticeable in the drops.

roachy
NSW, 383 posts
15 Jun 2011 5:25AM
Thumbs Up

Not very strong ,construction issues .

macs
NSW, 78 posts
15 Jun 2011 2:59PM
Thumbs Up

thanks john

if i can get my hands on one i would love to give the 8/5 a go ...from all reports they surf really well...hey green menace i thought with starboards reputation they would have there construction down pat...past experience with sailboads of the same company have been excellent...thanks guys..

Surfrod66
NSW, 665 posts
15 Jun 2011 4:21PM
Thumbs Up

Any chance I will have my board back for the comp on Sunday or are you guys holding it for ransom!!!!!
PS If you are in my heat NO you can not borrow the board!!!!!

macs
NSW, 78 posts
15 Jun 2011 5:39PM
Thumbs Up

hey rod i'bring it up tomorrow

sckitesurf
QLD, 191 posts
15 Jun 2011 8:01PM
Thumbs Up

This is our Demo 9'1X 29" Pro six months old & still going strong, the board has even been overseas with a local rider. Some scratches but generally in good order, for a board that has got around as much as it has.

Nice board, not as nice as my 9'8"x29" brushed Carbon if youve got the coin these boards are so nice to ride. Once you use one or owne one you will never go back.

At the Starboard demo I found that the fee of the 9'1" AST to the feel of the 8'5"Carbon very different, almost that the Carbon would allow for ability to get on a smaller board with the feeling of better glide, but Ha I'm 100kg & have settled on the 9'8".

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"2011 starboard 9ft 1pro wave" started by macs