Forums > Windsurfing   South Australia

104 Fanatic Freewave quad

Created by russh > 9 months ago, 28 Mar 2012
russh
SA, 3023 posts
28 Mar 2012 11:08AM
Thumbs Up

What to do with a Fanatic freewave 104 when you got no wind and some epoxy in the shed

Could be a pig or it might work. Waiting for the new custom MFC quad set to arrive from MAui - come on winter northerlies

Marked up

Ready for some fine putty and paint and power box fill (removable)

Kimba
SA, 453 posts
28 Mar 2012 1:37PM
Thumbs Up

104 Fanatic Freewave Penta?

russh
SA, 3023 posts
28 Mar 2012 2:02PM
Thumbs Up

Kimba said...

104 Fanatic Freewave Penta?

I stand corrected

JBFletch
QLD, 1287 posts
28 Mar 2012 2:06PM
Thumbs Up

great poking project...

be interesting to see how it goes,

often the tail rocker and shape is quite different from quad to single, and especially in that model.

keep us posted

Zubby
SA, 896 posts
28 Mar 2012 4:06PM
Thumbs Up

You shed could do with a clean Russ

Great work!

russh
SA, 3023 posts
28 Mar 2012 4:56PM
Thumbs Up

Zubby said...

You shed could do with a clean Russ

Haa - you sound like my wife Zubby

Its a shed - a free space to make all the mess I want - to drink beer, fart and burp and listen to the footy on a Saturday arvo and pretend I'm doing something useful when theres no wind or surf

I'm starting to turn into my old man - ahhhhhhhh

R1DER
WA, 1455 posts
28 Mar 2012 8:45PM
Thumbs Up

Excellent job, I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

Zachery
597 posts
28 Mar 2012 9:44PM
Thumbs Up

Looks good Russ, i got the QS350 set from MFC for the 103 quad and love them
Are u gonna make a blank for the single centre or make it a Quinffff (whatever the word for five is)

high as a kite
SA, 1312 posts
29 Mar 2012 8:31AM
Thumbs Up

Russ said[b]

[quote

I'm starting to turn into my old man - ahhhhhhhh

Ah, discriminating now

russh
SA, 3023 posts
29 Mar 2012 9:16AM
Thumbs Up

Zachery said...

Looks good Russ, i got the QS350 set from MFC for the 103 quad and love them
Are u gonna make a blank for the single centre or make it a Quinffff (whatever the word for five is)

Cheers Guys I have been having fun but would do it differently if I did it again - I,m looking forward to running the QS 400 fins in it - may give it a maiden voyage with home made fronts and 15cm JP rears this weekend - I am a little worried that the boxes wont handle the rigors of windsurfing as they are Shapers 7" US long board boxes ($7.25 each) and seem to be about 3 -5 ml shallower than the JP boxes on my 82 Quad and not as solid. The chinook boxes were $30 odd dollars each and 1" longer - Should have used futures boxes & fins for front with the us boxes at the rear and a set of MFC Levi twins in the rear - 20/20 hindsight

The front right slightly shifted in final setting as I had an epoxy overflow and had to adjust my pressure devices before they became attachd and my sealed boxes full of resin by epoxy. 1 1/2 ml toe in and - the thing could be all over the place.

I probably should have glued them in divynicell and then epoxy with a final 60z matt to solidly finish them.
If it works and they crack I may route them out and start again.

I will either sacrifice an old Pbox fin or cut up and shape a nylon breadboard and drill it out to reduce weight a little to fit in the hole

Havent done any fibreglass work for ages - jeeze its fun - but it ceratinly gives you an appreciation of the just how good the shapers glassers and repairers are that get our boards looking scmicko from the start

Now that 99 JP single thruster would work as a quad I reckon

legless
WA, 852 posts
29 Mar 2012 7:28AM
Thumbs Up

russh said...

Select to expand quote
Zachery said...

I will either sacrifice an old Pbox fin or cut up and shape a nylon breadboard and drill it out to reduce weight a little to fit in the hole

I have 3 powerbox bases from were I have snapped the fin off you would just need to sand down where the fin broke off and you would have a powerbox plug you can have one if you want.

russh
SA, 3023 posts
29 Mar 2012 11:03AM
Thumbs Up

Thanks Gareth - I'll drop you a line.

russh
SA, 3023 posts
29 Mar 2012 7:45PM
Thumbs Up

The QS 400 MFC customs arrived and look sick. Apparently soon available around the globe.

Need a little adjusting but wow they are nice
Come on wind

russh
SA, 3023 posts
9 Apr 2012 9:11PM
Thumbs Up

Maiden voyage at mid 15 - 20 knt 5.7 crosson - planes nice and early and turns sweetly - very pleasantly surprised - looking forward to some cross off waves

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing   South Australia

"104 Fanatic Freewave quad" started by russh