Bnaccas said...

Anyone going to be there?

See you there Bnaccas
DW

Bnaccas
VIC, 1722 posts
1 Apr 2012 5:55PM
Thumbs Up

You there already or heading there soon?
Where will you be staying?

Downwinder
QLD, 1992 posts
1 Apr 2012 6:30PM
Thumbs Up

Bnaccas said...

I leave straight after the school holidays. Turning the Big FIVE 0 on Namotu Bula Vinaka get Flyblown at the Wanga Bar with Scotty and Dano if he's there ( Help Me Please Mr Wizard )
If you're staying at Plantation I think it's about $90 for 3 hours for a boat so just throw your surfboard and SUP on board so you don't miss out Namotu Lefts is such a great wave to SUP.
Plus I'm so looking forward to seeing the look on Ulai's face when Greg my Californian mate gives Ulai a brand new surfboard I just hope Cloudbreak is pumping for Ulai.
Wish you was staying on Namotu Island it's the best place on the planet to be.

surf4fun
WA, 1313 posts
1 Apr 2012 4:34PM
Thumbs Up

Is that Ulai the kid from Endless Summer 2?

Downwinder
QLD, 1992 posts
1 Apr 2012 6:37PM
Thumbs Up

surf4fun said...

Is that Ulai the kid from Endless Summer 2?

Yes

Downwinder
QLD, 1992 posts
1 Apr 2012 6:39PM
Thumbs Up

Ulai May 2011

OG SUP
VIC, 3516 posts
1 Apr 2012 8:16PM
Thumbs Up

Well nothing is going to Fiji at the moment all flights cancelled by government decree this afternoon I have a crew at the airport finding a hotel.

They may be here a while.

Phill

Bnaccas
VIC, 1722 posts
1 Apr 2012 8:42PM
Thumbs Up

Downwinder said...

I leave straight after the school holidays. Turning the Big FIVE 0 on Namotu [b]......

If you're staying at Plantation I think it's about $90 for 3 hours for a boat so just throw your surfboard and SUP on board so you don't miss out Namotu Lefts is such a great wave to SUP......

Not a bad way to be spending your 50th! If Dano is there I might be able to come ashore and have a beer to help ya celebrate!

We have worked out a special deal for the boat ride so if conditions permit we should be doing 2 trips per day. Cant wait.

Yeah I wish I was at Namotu as well....but got the first kid due in July so a last minute budget trip was all I could get passed.

Bummer about the rain they are getting at the moment, that will be history come the end of the month! Fingers crossed.

Piros
QLD, 6879 posts
2 Apr 2012 8:47AM
Thumbs Up

I'm supposed to be flying out tomorrow , just when the cyclone hit's at least the swell will be pumping.

mbuzz
NSW, 261 posts
2 Apr 2012 3:53PM
Thumbs Up

Piros said...

I'm supposed to be flying out tomorrow , just when the cyclone hit's at least the swell will be pumping.

I hope your taking a race board. Looks as though they could use a few more out there.

Downwinder
QLD, 1992 posts
2 Apr 2012 6:37PM
Thumbs Up

OG SUP said...

Well nothing is going to Fiji at the moment all flights cancelled by government decree this afternoon I have a crew at the airport finding a hotel.

They may be here a while.

Phill

Air Pacific will be flying into Nadi from tomorrow 3rd April from Brisbane, Sydney, NZ and LA

Bnaccas
VIC, 1722 posts
2 Apr 2012 7:51PM
Thumbs Up

Piros said...

Swell is looking mental! Wind looking mental as well but the tail end of the swell could be pretty damn good.
I hope you have a good trip...thats if you get there.

Downwinder
QLD, 1992 posts
2 Apr 2012 8:02PM
Thumbs Up

Bnaccas said...

Piros said...

Swell is looking mental! Wind looking mental as well but the tail end of the swell could be pretty damn good.
I hope you have a good trip...thats if you get there.

Windguru is saying Cloudbreak will be flat till maybe Saturday as it need swell from the South. Its a 4 metre swell from the North the other side of Fiji will be Huge if you know where to look. www.windguru.cz/208779

Scotty88
4214 posts
2 Apr 2012 6:16PM
Thumbs Up

Downwinder said...

Bnaccas said...

I leave straight after the school holidays. Turning the Big FIVE 0 on Namotu Bula Vinaka get Flyblown at the Wanga Bar with Scotty and Dano if he's there ( Help Me Please Mr Wizard )
If you're staying at Plantation I think it's about $90 for 3 hours for a boat so just throw your surfboard and SUP on board so you don't miss out Namotu Lefts is such a great wave to SUP.
Plus I'm so looking forward to seeing the look on Ulai's face when Greg my Californian mate gives Ulai a brand new surfboard I just hope Cloudbreak is pumping for Ulai.

You sure got the life DW. This is as close as I will get to Fiji this year. Next year 3 week family holiday for sure and will make it to Namotu finally. Have a great 50 mate. Shot taken from Plantation with Namotu on right and Tavarua to the left.

Bnaccas
VIC, 1722 posts
2 Apr 2012 9:03PM
Thumbs Up

Downwinder said...
Windguru is saying Cloudbreak will be flat till maybe Saturday as it need swell from the South. Its a 4 metre swell from the North the other side of Fiji will be Huge if you know where to look. www.windguru.cz/208779

Magic Seaweed is saying 15ft+ for Namotu. Not sure if they take the direction into account.
Either way there's a lot of water moving around out there that will be hitting somewhere.

Piros
QLD, 6879 posts
2 Apr 2012 10:04PM
Thumbs Up

My family is tripping out re the weather (why a are we still going) , my mate on the ground their says the road is still good to get out of Nadi .The system is sliding west towards NZ so we are show to get in .My shoulder has come good and camera is packed please Huey ( or Mr Wizard) let us land.

2 weeks of Fiji bliss ahead.

Downwinder
QLD, 1992 posts
3 Apr 2012 8:12AM
Thumbs Up

How good is this photo 6ft and Pumping

Downwinder
QLD, 1992 posts
3 Apr 2012 8:16AM
Thumbs Up

Scotty88 said...

Downwinder said...

Bnaccas said...

You sure got the life DW. This is as close as I will get to Fiji this year. Next year 3 week family holiday for sure and will make it to Namotu finally. Have a great 50 mate. Shot taken from Plantation with Namotu on right and Tavarua to the left.

Scott88 Try come April, May, june there's not much wind see ya on Namotu 2013

Warddy
QLD, 77 posts
4 Apr 2012 10:04PM
Thumbs Up

Bnaccas said...

Downwinder said...

Magic Seaweed is saying 15ft+ for Namotu. Not sure if they take the direction into account.
Either way there's a lot of water moving around out there that will be hitting somewhere.

Surfline had Namotu at 19-21ft yesterday, Frigates 25-29 ft, Victory at sea conditions, wrong winds not that you would be out there anyway LoL, Namotu Island would be reshaped a bit I reckon

Bnaccas
VIC, 1722 posts
4 Apr 2012 11:48PM
Thumbs Up

A sunny day is forecast...been a while.
I hope this brings some cheer to the locals who I'm sure are busy cleaning up mother natures mess.

Surf forecast looking a bit more normal now, fingers crossed thats the end of the crap weather.

Downwinder
QLD, 1992 posts
5 Apr 2012 7:36AM
Thumbs Up

Warddy said...

Bnaccas said...

Downwinder said...

Surfline had Namotu at 19-21ft yesterday, Frigates 25-29 ft, Victory at sea conditions, wrong winds not that you would be out there anyway LoL, Namotu Island would be reshaped a bit I reckon

Hi Warddy yes I believe Frigates would be 25-29ft as its in the North of Fiji right infront of the storm

Bnaccas
VIC, 1722 posts
6 Apr 2012 12:42AM
Thumbs Up

Downwinder, Magic seaweed is saying Namotu is 2' to 3' the next few days then a day or 2 of roughly 6'+ with maybe an 8ft day. Swell direction is from the SW.

So what does that forecast mean?
Namotu what size?
What swell direction is best?
What wind direction is best?

I'd be stoked with 4' to 6' but would be more than happy with 3' to 4' as long as the wind isn't out of control.
I'll be happy to just get a surf trip in before the bub comes!

Cheers!

Downwinder
QLD, 1992 posts
6 Apr 2012 7:49AM
Thumbs Up

Bnaccas said...

Downwinder, Magic seaweed is saying Namotu is 2' to 3' the next few days then a day or 2 of roughly 6'+ with maybe an 8ft day. Swell direction is from the SW.

So what does that forecast mean?
Namotu what size?
What swell direction is best?
What wind direction is best?

I'd be stoked with 4' to 6' but would be more than happy with 3' to 4' as long as the wind isn't out of control.
I'll be happy to just get a surf trip in before the bub comes!

Cheers!

SW is a great swell direction it will be pumping every where the more South in the swell the better Cloudbreak will be Pumping just watch out for the wide ones at Cloudbreak if its got some west in the swell (Help Me Please Mr Wizard).
ESE wind is Off Shore for Cloudbreak thats the dominate wind
North wind Off Shore for Wilks
The more West in the swell Wilks and Tavarua Rights will be just Pumping
a 10+ft South Swell you will start drooling as Restaurants and Homes will be breaking.
Swimming Pools is a first class wave it doesn't get bigger than 4ft just mutant

Bnaccas
VIC, 1722 posts
7 Apr 2012 12:47AM
Thumbs Up

21 days to go!

Thanks Warddy.

Bnaccas
VIC, 1722 posts
23 Apr 2012 1:58AM
Thumbs Up

I'm getting there on Sunday the 29th....looking good!

surf4fun
WA, 1313 posts
23 Apr 2012 12:10AM
Thumbs Up

"Ulai you little dork you could have killed me"

Downwinder said...

Ulai May 2011

OG SUP
VIC, 3516 posts
23 Apr 2012 9:45AM
Thumbs Up

When do you go home Brendon?

I am in Fiji from the 6th until the 12th.

Phill

Bnaccas said...

I'm getting there on Sunday the 29th....looking good!

Bnaccas
VIC, 1722 posts
23 Apr 2012 7:48PM
Thumbs Up

I'm there from the 28th until the 6th of May but looking at extending 2 or 3 days.

Forecast is getting better!!!!!

Bnaccas
VIC, 1722 posts
25 Apr 2012 12:18AM
Thumbs Up

Would you be excited or a little nervous...Forecast looking great, thankfully down graded a little bit from this morning.
At least Restaurants will be working!

Scotty88
4214 posts
24 Apr 2012 10:47PM
Thumbs Up

^^^^^^^^^^^A little nervous

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

"Fiji - 28th of April onwards....." started by Bnaccas