Thumbs Up

anyone got pics or results??

divaldo
SA, 2878 posts
20 May 2012 11:08PM
Thumbs Up

Video coming,

Results
mags was champ for both over 40's and open men's, bloody good effort considering the amount of surfing he had to do!

Women's was won by Kristi, followed by Bridgette, Kym, Susan and Liz.

Ty Andrews came third in open mens,

sorry forgot the rest :(

JBFletch
QLD, 1287 posts
21 May 2012 3:05PM
Thumbs Up

get that vid up divaldo

good to see strong chicks numbers too

tha dogman
NSW, 2912 posts
21 May 2012 3:24PM
Thumbs Up

OMG!!!!!! maggot 3 years in a row

totally dominating..........hahahahaha.......

nice work

Scotty Mac
SA, 2048 posts
21 May 2012 4:42PM
Thumbs Up

Your right bucket head, 3 in a row. It was not even close, he won by a country mile. The rest of us need to pick up our game. Great day, light offshores, 3 foot. Had my long arm, short leg wetty on in the end. Unreal weather for May in Sth oz. Sure a few pictures will follow.

Casso
NSW, 3764 posts
21 May 2012 5:27PM
Thumbs Up

Scotty Mac said...

Your right bucket head, 3 in a row. It was not even close, he won by a country mile. The rest of us need to pick up our game. Great day, light offshores, 3 foot. Had my long arm, short leg wetty on in the end. Unreal weather for May in Sth oz. Sure a few pictures will follow.

Did you come second Scotty?

Scotty Mac
SA, 2048 posts
21 May 2012 7:12PM
Thumbs Up

4th

OG SUP
VIC, 3516 posts
21 May 2012 11:03PM
Thumbs Up

The SA Titles vibe was alltime, Huey fired up the weather, gourmet snags on the BBQ, offshore wind what else could you want?

The paddle out at times was epic, this is Kristi about to get hammered!

The girls handled the conditions well and had a solid crack

The guys having a dip

More to come when I get over the drive back

PTWoody
VIC, 3982 posts
21 May 2012 11:31PM
Thumbs Up

Didn't you make Kristi drive most of the way?

OG SUP
VIC, 3516 posts
21 May 2012 11:34PM
Thumbs Up

The Open Womens State Title was won by Brigette, Kim 2nd, Susan 3rd and Liz 4th.

Kristi wanted to come over to compete and surf in a comp that had more than 2 women as we dont have a club comp and was so stoked at how welcome she was. The vibe that the SA SUP Crew has is infectious and a true credit to the organisers and Surfing SA.

In Vic last year we had Jenny and Alison come down from QLD and it really pushed the local girls and gives you an idea of where you sit in the scheme of things.

It would be great if we could get some of the SA girls over for next years Vic comp and repay the hospitality shown to us this year.

Huge thank you to Dave and Kim for inviting us to a Mid Coast Break on the Saturday for some really fun waves.

divaldo said...

Video coming,

Results
mags was champ for both over 40's and open men's, bloody good effort considering the amount of surfing he had to do!

Women's was won by Kristi, followed by Bridgette, Kym, Susan and Liz.

Ty Andrews came third in open mens,

sorry forgot the rest :(

AA
NSW, 2159 posts
21 May 2012 11:36PM
Thumbs Up

Yeah! Mags again! Vet legend!!

Kristi thats awesome! Well done!!

Cant wait to see more

OG SUP
VIC, 3516 posts
21 May 2012 11:39PM
Thumbs Up

Hey Woody,

Its hard to get over the fact she is 16 and learning to drive makes me feel even older.

You should talk to Phill and the SA SUP Crew and get these guys and girls over for some races and down winders I bet they would love it or maybe a SUP Vic Weekend away?

Very cool people.

PTWoody said...

Didn't you make Kristi drive most of the way?

OG SUP
VIC, 3516 posts
21 May 2012 11:49PM
Thumbs Up

AA Dave is a bit of video guru so chill the beer, buy some popcorn and get the recliner ready

AA said...

Yeah! Mags again! Vet legend!!

Kristi thats awesome! Well done!!

Cant wait to see more

divaldo
SA, 2878 posts
22 May 2012 12:01AM
Thumbs Up

Just finished vid, will be loaded up on YouTube by morning.

Was really good meeting Phil and Kristi, I like the idea of an SA / VIC get together, first up event could be Beachport at October long weekend?

Keen to get over to sample some cold Victoria waves.

Did you get a surf with Mags this morning Phil? Was he still able to function after surfing 7 heats yesterday?

OG SUP
VIC, 3516 posts
22 May 2012 12:47AM
Thumbs Up

Hey Dave,

Caught up with Mags coming the there way after checking out his home break this morning, the waves were 1.5 times Day street the day before and freight train fast so we bailed.

I saw a shotboarder make the drop get a few feet and then got sucked up in the hydraulic and went over the falls big time.

Mags is a man posessed lol, he was definitely on a mission to get another surf somewhere! We went back to the point and then decided 10 hours drive would be easier if we left early.

October sounds good lets get to work on it!

divaldo said...

Just finished vid, will be loaded up on YouTube by morning.

Was really good meeting Phil and Kristi, I like the idea of an SA / VIC get together, first up event could be Beachport at October long weekend?

Keen to get over to sample some cold Victoria waves.

Did you get a surf with Mags this morning Phil? Was he still able to function after surfing 7 heats yesterday?

LizGuilhaus
SA, 40 posts
22 May 2012 12:35AM
Thumbs Up

Great pics Phil!
Can we get some copies from you through your site?
Id be keen on a sup surf trip to Vicco and Beachport is always a good gig on October long weekend.

OG SUP
VIC, 3516 posts
22 May 2012 1:10AM
Thumbs Up

Hey Liz,

Message me an email and I will send you some images

Phill

TAA
SA, 1112 posts
22 May 2012 3:37PM
Thumbs Up

Great pic Phill, great to catch up with you and Kristi,
Great day all round Ty

OG SUP
VIC, 3516 posts
22 May 2012 6:44PM
Thumbs Up

Hey Ty,

3rd in the Open awesome effort, say hi to "Grumpy" for me

TAA said...

Great day all round Ty

Surfrod66
NSW, 665 posts
22 May 2012 7:22PM
Thumbs Up

You are right about the SA crew. I had the pleasure of spending Easter with them last year at the Robe Easter classic (if you ever get the chance to go to this event GO it is well worth the drive) they never stop smiling, are super friendly and know how to put on a great event..
They do not mid a drive either Phil ,Steve and the boys put all their gear on a trailer last Nov and drive non-stop to Merimbula to be there for the 4 days then turn around on the Monday and head home..
Look forward to sharing a few waves, stories and beers with the SA crew again one day Soon
Rod

TAA
SA, 1112 posts
22 May 2012 8:03PM
Thumbs Up

Will do
3rd ????Think they pulled my name out of the hat.

OG SUP said...

Hey Ty,

3rd in the Open awesome effort, say hi to "Grumpy" for me

TAA said...

Great day all round Ty

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

"SA SUP STATES" started by JBFletch