Forums > Kitesurfing General

Kevin Langeree wins KOTA 2018 on the PIVOT

Created by JB Two weeks ago, 1 Feb 2018
JB
NSW, 1766 posts
Site Sponsor
1 Feb 2018 10:13AM
Thumbs Up

Super stoked for Naish Team rider and legend bloke, Kevin Langeree on his win at the King of the Air 2018.

Kevin was riding the 2018 Naish PIVOT as his kite of choice in the event, further proving it amazing adaptability.

Well done Big Kev.

Alysum
NSW, 254 posts
1 Feb 2018 12:48PM
Thumbs Up

AKA the naish fan boys thread

Kamikuza
QLD, 2975 posts
1 Feb 2018 4:16PM
Thumbs Up

Wasn't Nick on the Switchblade last year? What's going on with C-kites?

Heard Kevin say somewhere that the Pivot went bigger and glided better too...

mowingthelawn
QLD, 272 posts
1 Feb 2018 6:33PM
Thumbs Up

As a naish kite owner this win of kevins makes me a better kiter than non naish owning kooks

Weta
WA, 760 posts
1 Feb 2018 7:26PM
Thumbs Up

Naish Rocks End of Story

eppo
WA, 6382 posts
1 Feb 2018 8:19PM
Thumbs Up

Kevin rocks.

Weta
WA, 760 posts
2 Feb 2018 1:35AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
eppo said..
Kevin rocks.

U R right Eppo..................Big Kev Rocks :) he could've done it on any old kite

SaveTheWhales
WA, 1505 posts
2 Feb 2018 5:13AM
Thumbs Up

Kevin's got the personality thats very helpful fun & likeable.
Unlike many retard Wannabe heroes at our locals who are self centred mummies boys..

Kevin's skills won him the contest, I suppose if he did it on a no strut kite... we'd have a great laugh seeing wannabes getting wrekt at the local.

Interesting he didn't go the biggest either - no credit for naish there at all.. only Kevin for getting the result. Torch riders burn you kites lol

bjw
NSW, 2397 posts
2 Feb 2018 9:42AM
Thumbs Up

As a non Naish rider I am now a lesser person.

Richoa
NSW, 270 posts
2 Feb 2018 9:45AM
Thumbs Up

Thought he got knocked out in the first round, like everyone gets a prize comp

dyyylan
66 posts
2 Feb 2018 9:59AM
Thumbs Up

Saw a video of Sam Light throwing loops on the SST aswell, saying he was going to ride that for KOTA? What on earth is going on? I didnt see his heats so I don't know if it was just a joke or not

Matt988
WA, 144 posts
2 Feb 2018 1:31PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
dyyylan said..
Saw a video of Sam Light throwing loops on the SST aswell, saying he was going to ride that for KOTA? What on earth is going on? I didnt see his heats so I don't know if it was just a joke or not

No joke. He used it in his last heat for sure. Think he used the rpm in earlier heats. Got eliminated using the sst but

kemp90
QLD, 1584 posts
3 Feb 2018 7:15AM
Thumbs Up

My mate made up this little edit of the highlights

Youngbreezy
313 posts
3 Feb 2018 1:01PM
Thumbs Up

Kevin is a legend

The pivot goes massive

And as a pivot owner this win makes me a better Kiter, elevates my social standing and increases my chances of getting laid

Thank you Kevin

Chris_M
1553 posts
3 Feb 2018 6:14PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Youngbreezy said..
Kevin is a legend

The pivot goes massive

And as a pivot owner this win makes me a better Kiter, elevates my social standing and increases my chances of getting laid

Thank you Kevin

An makes it more likely that you will call your father your 'farsher'

Plummet
4101 posts
4 Feb 2018 9:55AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Chris_M said..

Youngbreezy said..
Kevin is a legend

The pivot goes massive

Thank you Kevin

An makes it more likely that you will call your father your 'farsher'

Adoy
NSW, 223 posts
5 Feb 2018 8:51AM
Thumbs Up

Where was Dimitri from Epic kites?

Peahi
VIC, 874 posts
5 Feb 2018 11:00AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Adoy said..
Where was Dimitri from Epic kites?

He has too much personality

Saffer
VIC, 4258 posts
5 Feb 2018 11:16AM
Thumbs Up

This post is bull. We could never match any of these jumps because we don't have red bull vests and red bull gives you wings. How much of an advantage do they get from that? Give me a red bull vest and I can do this sort of **** any day of the week.

bjw
NSW, 2397 posts
5 Feb 2018 1:34PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Saffer said..
This post is bull. We could never match any of these jumps because we don't have red bull vests and red bull gives you wings. How much of an advantage do they get from that? Give me a red bull vest and I can do this sort of **** any day of the week.

With your accent you are half way there already.

daveisthekotz
NSW, 92 posts
5 Feb 2018 2:57PM
Thumbs Up

Next thing you know the guys will be riding Buzz kites in the KOTA....

Peahi
VIC, 874 posts
5 Feb 2018 3:40PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
bjw said..

Saffer said..

With your accent you are half way there already.

They might run out of water by the time he gets there though...

NorthernKitesAUS
QLD, 565 posts
6 Feb 2018 1:48PM
Thumbs Up

What amazes me about these events, is where they get their drinking water from?

Saffer
VIC, 4258 posts
6 Feb 2018 3:25PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
NorthernKitesAUS said..

Why do you think red bull is the sponsor?

CJ2478
NSW, 220 posts
7 Feb 2018 8:17AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Saffer said..

NorthernKitesAUS said..

Why do you think red bull is the sponsor?

Just read an interesting news article about Capetown running out of drinking water soon so everyone could be drinking redbull anyway.. Will probably turn into a pretty gnarly anarchaist situation if the drinking water dries up.

towradgi
NSW, 173 posts
7 Feb 2018 9:23AM
Thumbs Up

Regarding Capetowns water supply drying up by April....Aren't there big ships that are actually portable desalination plants that can dock at the port and do its work.

Gazuki
WA, 612 posts
7 Feb 2018 8:10AM
Thumbs Up

Yes it always amazes me when places go into serious water restrictions these days. I do not understand why in today's world with the technology and machinery that this can happen.
Man go back 1896 and CY O"Connor built a pipeline from Perth to Kalgoorlie with horse and cart to address water shortage and yet today we struggle to find a solution.

Off the topic we should build a pipeline to the Ord and reticulate the desert and become the food bowel of the world. The Ord spills/ wastes 8 Sydney harbors worth of water into the ocean each day,. imagine what we could do with that if we had a pipeline.

Gazuki
WA, 612 posts
7 Feb 2018 10:01AM
Thumbs Up

Speaking of giant desalination ships I am surprised big companies haven't already jumped on this. With water being more expensive than petrol (bottle that is). You see big fuel companies invest billions into their projects, I am surprised they haven't tapped into the water market yet.

Sorry not kiting related I know,.. I wot post anymore.

oldbones
QLD, 70 posts
7 Feb 2018 12:48PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Gazuki said..
Speaking of giant desalination ships I am surprised big companies haven't already jumped on this. With water being more expensive than petrol (bottle that is). You see big fuel companies invest billions into their projects, I am surprised they haven't tapped into the water market yet.

Sorry not kiting related I know,.. I wot post anymore.

Seems big infrastructure is too hard to build now days. Everyone wants turn handle, flick switch, cheap power and water but are not happy to flood the odd valley. We can sail fast as a nation, just gotta build some apparent wind first

IanR
NSW, 740 posts
7 Feb 2018 2:23PM
Thumbs Up

Seeing as though this has become a discution on the water crisis in Cape Town. People there are living off 50 liters per person per day.
The uninformed most probable don't know that there are Two Temporary desalination plants being built in the Cape flats, one near Muizenberg and the other near Strand but in the townships.
But as usual for that part of the world too little too late one will only be online after day Zero ( the date the water is expected to run out ) the other about 6 months later. Hopefully they will get the rain fall in May.
I think the Sydney desalination should not be torn down but moth balled, we will have anouther drought soon

Peahi
VIC, 874 posts
7 Feb 2018 3:14PM
Thumbs Up

50L is just under half our normal recommended so doesn't sound like they are suffering.

We have a desal plant also, on hold.

Bit like when you pack up your kite the wind comes in.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Kevin Langeree wins KOTA 2018 on the PIVOT" started by JB