Forums > Kitesurfing General

Kite Hire options in Thailand

Created by raggy > 9 months ago, 7 Jun 2016
raggy
VIC, 564 posts
7 Jun 2016 1:51PM
Thumbs Up

Hay guys.

due to the fact, we are freezing and overworked in Melbourne. Have we decided an impromptu holiday is required? not the best time of year i know but it fits with work! so I'm deciding if i take my gear or hire over there? has anyone go any input, please

thanks in advance

Kozzie
QLD, 1451 posts
7 Jun 2016 4:55PM
Thumbs Up

if you are a kitesurfer you would allways take your own gear with you.

if your not...well....no one really wants to hire to you then do they.

just pay the $50 for an extra bag and take your gear youll be paying more then that for hireing.

cauncy
WA, 8407 posts
7 Jun 2016 3:02PM
Thumbs Up

Leave the missus at home
That frees up a kite quiver of baggage allowance, plus you can get lashed up and hit the knocking shop without getting your ear chewed all day wandering around a smelly market whilst she hassles with a street vendor over a $3 Channel fake handbag
When you should be kiting

windreams
QLD, 258 posts
8 Jun 2016 8:59PM
Thumbs Up

Love Thailand as there’s less bogans there than Bali not saying that everyone that goes to Bali is a bogan

We’ve been to the same spot in Thailand every year for the past 3 and have already booked for 2017 but I don’t go there solely for kitesurfing. If the wind is up, there is a rental shop on a kitesurfing beach about 5km away from where we stay, so very convenient.

I don’t take my gear to Thailand for 2 reasons, one because my wife goes with me and yep you guessed it I have no spare luggage space… two it’s likely you’re not going to get a lot of wind. Thailand is an excellent place for lots of different reasons but kitesurfing is not one of them so the way I look at it is, if the wind does come in while I’m there (bonus) I want to be able to hire some gear.

There’s a few kite surfing rentals shops in Thailand but I always go to Koh Samui and use KBA which move from one side of the island to the other over the year.

www.kiteboardingasia.com/

www.windfinder.com/forecast/koh_samui_samui_orchid_kitebeach

raggy
VIC, 564 posts
12 Jun 2016 3:22PM
Thumbs Up

thanks for the constructive input mate. I found and secured some hire gear so I'm happy but if nothing comes of the wind then the pool and bar are just as good.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Kite Hire options in Thailand" started by raggy