Forums > Kitesurfing General

Located Kite and harness

Created by DetectiveAndy > 9 months ago, 7 Jan 2016
DetectiveAndy
3 posts
7 Jan 2016 3:24PM
Thumbs Up

Hi everyone

We seized a Flexifoil Kite, bar, lines and a harness from a crook who had some other stolen kite gear but we havent been able to track down an owner.

We are on the Sunshine Coast but it may have come from elsewhere. It would have been stolen earlier in the year or possibly before that.

if anyone has any ideas as to how we track down an owner please email me on Bauer.AndrewJ@police.qld.gov.au or call on 5413 8766. Unfortunately it does not look as though it has been reported to us.

Cheers
Andy Bauer
Property Crime Team

Jono77
WA, 348 posts
7 Jan 2016 4:36PM
Thumbs Up

You're a legend Andy, trying to find the owner.

I guess a lot of the time this stuff just sits around until time is up and it's auctioned off.

Hopefully you can share a happy reuniting story something like "Christian the Lion".

If you don't know about Christian The Lion, here it is

cauncy
WA, 8407 posts
7 Jan 2016 6:33PM
Thumbs Up

Flexifoil have a comprehensive warranty sceme,
They offer free replacement and repair for limited time
Hence the owner would be daft not to of activated it, check the kites serial no and phone flexifoil uk, they may have his details, or phone kitethrills as they used to be a point of sale for flexifoil
I've a contact at flexifoil if your struggling, pm me the serial number

cauncy
WA, 8407 posts
7 Jan 2016 7:07PM
Thumbs Up

Here's mine located at inflate deflate valves, if your looking

DetectiveAndy
3 posts
8 Jan 2016 7:44AM
Thumbs Up

Hey guys, thanks heaps for your replies.

Cauncy, The serial number is 062874. If you would be able to try your contacts that would be greatly appreciated. I am on leave as of this arvo (heading to Straddie, praying for waves) so if you have any luck can you try the office on 5413 8766 and ask for Justin RIELLY or his Rielly.JustinM@police.qld.gov.au

Would love to see the kit back to the rightful owner.

Cheers
Andy

cauncy
WA, 8407 posts
8 Jan 2016 8:17PM
Thumbs Up

just made contact with flexifoil, they are going to search through and get in touch , fingers crossed the owner logged his details , ill get in touch when I hear back
not a bad idea guys to log your kites details with the manufacturer, to reclaim a stolen kite, or to check if a purchase seems a bit dodgy

cauncy
WA, 8407 posts
8 Jan 2016 9:50PM
Thumbs Up

Pisser, Peter Vander bussche from flexifoil said the owner didn't register his kite, again guys if he had he'd be back on his kite this weekend, hopefully the local crew might be able to help
Sorry tried my best,

DetectiveAndy
3 posts
24 Jan 2016 11:37PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks so much for trying caunchy, greatly appreciated.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Located Kite and harness" started by DetectiveAndy