Forums > Kitesurfing General

MERIMBULA 2020 CV 19

Created by towradgi 7 months ago, 16 Jul 2020
towradgi
NSW, 333 posts
16 Jul 2020 9:05AM
Thumbs Up

Being serious now. With Merimbula's big 40 anniversary this year ,and a big turnout expected ,like the 30th which had over 300 paid contestants ,what's expected this year ? Victoria border will be shutdown till at least christmas...Sydney is spiking hotspots and Sydney people aren't welcome to coastal towns , Queenslanders might not risk it... Not painting a picture of gloom and doom...What do you think? How many are left to turn up ?

smook
VIC, 146 posts
16 Jul 2020 11:22AM
Thumbs Up

What load crock Yes Vic has had hiccup but already signs of a decline The boarders will be open up again Aus economy needs it Unless people still do the wrong thing and then yes it could be **** fight If it's on I am going 100 percent

towradgi
NSW, 333 posts
16 Jul 2020 11:50AM
Thumbs Up

Thanx for your positive affirmation . Already 1 tested positve at Merimbula RSL...from what state ??? I am definitely going for my 10th visit ...

Phoney
NSW, 483 posts
16 Jul 2020 12:54PM
Thumbs Up

It's 4 months away. You have no more of a clue than anyone else on how long the Vic border will be closed. International border, for sure, but state borders? There's a good chance that this latest outbreak will be knocked on the head with another lockdown imposed on the hotspots and within 4-6 weeks restrictions can start to ease - just as they were last time around. That much you can at least say with the benefit of hindsight.

Sorry but if that isn't painting a picture of doom & gloom then I dunno what is! Just wait n see bro..

Deefer
VIC, 82 posts
16 Jul 2020 1:40PM
Thumbs Up

Hoping like hell that it's on for all of us not just the NSW's !
Gotta have something to look forward to.

cauncy
WA, 8092 posts
17 Jul 2020 8:04PM
Thumbs Up

Full of old farts so exposure would likely wipe out the older generation of pole dancers

billygreen
88 posts
25 Jul 2020 10:52AM
Thumbs Up

Well there ya go

cauncy
WA, 8092 posts
26 Jul 2020 9:35PM
Thumbs Up

Why not use 4mtre line extension's to reduce the risk

towradgi
NSW, 333 posts
13 Jan 2021 8:21PM
Thumbs Up

What I really miss about Mambo is the night entertainment of those local live garage bands at the pub , then in later years the Sapphire room. It was definitely their first and frekin last gigs for obvious reasons .Ive been to a thousand live gigs and they are up there with the ????? When a band sings Running Bare at the Sapphire room you know you have made it and are playing to the right demographic audience of Mambo participants ..

Peahi
VIC, 1341 posts
14 Jan 2021 5:30PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
cauncy said..
Why not use 4mtre line extension's to reduce the risk

They're all on wind wings now so deemed too high risk

CH3MTR4IL5
WA, 216 posts
14 Jan 2021 3:59PM
Thumbs Up

Maybe just a friendly twintip race series instead?

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"MERIMBULA 2020 CV 19" started by towradgi