Forums > Kitesurfing General

New 2023 Core XR Pro World Woo record

Created by SaveTheWhales > 9 months ago, 9 Aug 2023
SaveTheWhales
WA, 1874 posts
9 Aug 2023 6:39AM
Thumbs Up

This is what I wanted to see happen, get the XR made out of Aluula and you'll have an instant World woo record.. a tiny percentage of people actually care about double & triple loops - the other 99% just want to send it hard and maybe do one loop, which will now turn fast and 'catch you' - giving you that 'Im Not gonna die' confidence

Joshua Emanuel just sent it to 36.2m - farq yeah !
Maarten Haeger 35.7 farq yeah !
My favourite jump kite just got better..

What will be good with the new Aluula is the increased bottom and top end range with extra stability :)

weebitbreezy
621 posts
9 Aug 2023 5:16PM
Thumbs Up

To be fair though. Jamie went 36.1m on his dacron Ozone Edge and Stijn went 35.8m on a dacron Eleveight XS on the same day. A record is a record but you don't get LOTS of extra height for LOTS more money (and those small margins could easily be algorithm error).

I reckon the big advantage on the XR Pro is not that it boosts higher but that its easier to loop in normal kite sizes. Incredible height though. I can't imagine wanting to rig up a kite in 60knots let alone get someone to launch it. Even getting your wetsuit on in the carpark is going to be a pain in those winds (wetsuit trying to fly down the beach and getting your nadgers sandblasted whilst you try and pull it up)

sonny2727
VIC, 153 posts
9 Aug 2023 7:36PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
weebitbreezy said..
To be fair though. Jamie went 36.1m on his dacron Ozone Edge and Stijn went 35.8m on a dacron Eleveight XS on the same day. A record is a record but you don't get LOTS of extra height for LOTS more money (and those small margins could easily be algorithm error).

I reckon the big advantage on the XR Pro is not that it boosts higher but that its easier to loop in normal kite sizes. Incredible height though. I can't imagine wanting to rig up a kite in 60knots let alone get someone to launch it. Even getting your wetsuit on in the carpark is going to be a pain in those winds (wetsuit trying to fly down the beach and getting your nadgers sandblasted whilst you try and pull it up)

100% agree ..common to all jumps on this day is nothing about the kite but the 40knots plus wind. If enough pros jumping over 35m by random chance someone gets the record .

SaveTheWhales
WA, 1874 posts
9 Aug 2023 11:50PM
Thumbs Up

Indeed the standard kites have done well and all within an algorithm + or - a bit from each other depending on wether they had 2 to 6 woos stuck to their board and then posted the highest reading..

The advantage of Aluula is you can ride a huge wind range with stability.
That means a 7 or 8m is gonna be used with better control and at the top end. We all know it's all about control right before sending it.. and yes we all get bonus height if there are up drafts after the best launch timing.

Good example of Aluula wind range is the 12m OR Flite I've been riding at 77kg the last year n half in 30+ knots having a ball jumping and looping while most of you guys are on 8 & 9m kites thinking Wtf. That's the range advantage.

Now at a very expensive price you get to decide wether you want to get dragged around holding on to a Jelly fishing kite past its limit Or the easier more stable one with power and lift waiting for you.

We went from 2 line to 4 line kites - one of those let you control the power, ride easier & jump higher.

The Xr pro was always gonna go bigger than standard, especially now they have access to the material- they can design to take Maximum advantage of it in "future designs" until the Aeris material becomes available in a few years..

THE PIN PULLER
WA, 465 posts
10 Aug 2023 9:38AM
Thumbs Up

I would of gone the 8m personally :) woo dosent like updrafts for its calcs have had some belters lately to no joy of beating my pr.

regarding the comments of beaker and stig... deep down we all know if your not first your last.

roll on 45 knots on the new 10 cant wait for the sends

SaveTheWhales
WA, 1874 posts
11 Aug 2023 12:39AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
THE PIN PULLER said..
roll on 45 knots on the new 10 cant wait for the sends

Yep, always fun to see everyone going huge right beside you or over you..
Helps you remember the Wow inspiration of why we decided to Learn kiting :)

neldy
QLD, 42 posts
13 Aug 2023 6:50PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
weebitbreezy said..

Also worth noting that Jamie's jump was off flat water, while the other boys were getting kickers.

this is one of the storm sessions, looks gnarly: www.instagram.com/p/Cvrbxz6Ak-o/

SaveTheWhales
WA, 1874 posts
14 Aug 2023 8:57AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
neldy said
Also worth noting that Jamie's jump was off flat water, while the other boys were getting kickers.

this is one of the storm sessions, looks gnarly: www.instagram.com/p/Cvrbxz6Ak-o/

We all know the Woo is an inacurate measuring Toy full of missed jumps and glitches and the big jumpers have from 2 to a 1000 mounted on their board - only posting the highest 'looking' one.
However
If your following the woo 'Game' not he said she said... then Core have had the best ever promotional launch of their new Aluula product with Joshua taking the title.
Everyone following this woo game just has to suck it up - and give credit where its due, until proven otherwise.

The rest of us who dont care for expensive toy measuring devices that are inacurate and cannot be submitted to the Guinness book of Records... will keep groovin along enjoying the stoke every session, having fun with friends jumping and crashing or tricking, that is called kitesurfing.

neldy
QLD, 42 posts
14 Aug 2023 11:42AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
SaveTheWhales said..

neldy said

We all know the Woo is an inacurate measuring Toy full of missed jumps and glitches and the big jumpers have from 2 to a 1000 mounted on their board - only posting the highest 'looking' one.
However
If your following the woo 'Game' not he said she said... then Core have had the best ever promotional launch of their new Aluula product with Joshua taking the title.
Everyone following this woo game just has to suck it up - and give credit where its due, until proven otherwise.

The rest of us who dont care for expensive toy measuring devices that are inacurate and cannot be submitted to the Guinness book of Records... will keep groovin along enjoying the stoke every session, having fun with friends jumping and crashing or tricking, that is called kitesurfing.

Fantastic launch for the Core Aluula kite and stoked for all the guys that had the guts to go out in that storm.

How Jamie is holding down an edge in those winds is beyond me!

Watch him hold down the power at 0:55 in his last jump :

So cool to be able to see both flat water and ocean in the same storm.

SaveTheWhales
WA, 1874 posts
14 Aug 2023 5:42PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote

neldy said..

How Jamie is holding down an edge in those winds is beyond me!

Watch him hold down the power at 0:55 in his last jump :

You do realise that video was edited to take out the extreme Jelly fishing of the kite and its probably beyond you because you dont understand what that land wall behind is blocking when his kite is that low...
If youd like to start a new thread on Ozone, i'll let you in on a secret about the woob ;)

neldy
QLD, 42 posts
15 Aug 2023 6:47PM
Thumbs Up

His latest video shows more of the kite, and sure there's some jelly fishing as you say, but **** - it's still doing triples, AND he was only a margin behind the world record on the same day off of flat water.

edit: i asked jamie about the jelly fishing, he says aluula will largely solve the issue and increase performance.

THE PIN PULLER
WA, 465 posts
17 Aug 2023 9:45AM
Thumbs Up

pffffffftttttt, Ive been out in 55knots jelly fishing is normal in anything over 40 knots it will also happen less for heavy weights, big beaks a lite weight compared to MR Emanuel.

Its good to note josh has a small air/hang time of 10 seconds on a 7M WTF. Please RECOGNIZE being a core rider josh will also of followed the UNWRITTEN rules of using the lowest score recorded on each of his altimeters unlike that of the ozone guys that condition and plat each others hair and use there highest score. this has been proven many times locally :) look at the size difference of the two of them its not comparable.

either way for any of them going out in 60knots is animal and makes me hard!!!!!

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"New 2023 Core XR Pro World Woo record" started by SaveTheWhales