Forums > Kitesurfing General

The 2019 Red Bull Lighthouse to Leighton - Edition 10 !

Created by L2L A week ago, 7 Oct 2019
L2L
188 posts
7 Oct 2019 11:31AM
Thumbs Up

The Red Bull Lighthouse to Leighton - The #1 Kite Boarding Race In The Southern Hemisphere IS BACK for Year 10!

All you need to know is here: www.lighthouse2leighton.com.au

This year we have increased the available spots to a whopping 150 competitors who will be given the chance to take up the challenge of the 2019 Red Bull Lighthouse to Leighton, bragging rights and a stake in the prize pool.

The race is scheduled to take place on Saturday 7th December 2019, with a first reserve day of Sunday 8th December (and a potential start time from 14:00hrs). A crossing time of between 20 and 30 minutes is expected for the winner depending on conditions.

Additional Reserve Days are scheduled for Saturday 14th December and Sunday 15th December in the event of insufficient or too much wind on either the 7th or 8th December. Prizes and trophies will be awarded to the Open Division male and female winners, runner up and third place and likewise for the winners, runner up and third place in the Twin Tip Division.

Red Bull have supported the race with fantastic cash prizes and this year for the first time the TT prize pool is the same as the Foil/ Open category!

Equal prize money for Open Division male & female racers: 1st $1000 + a GoPro Hero7 Black; 2nd $500; 3rd $250 for each gender.

Equal prize money for Twin Tip Division for male & female racers: 1st $1000 + a GoPro Hero7 Black; 2nd $500; 3rd $250 for each gender.

The value of the cash prizes totals $7,000. The value of the trophies exceeds $4,000.

A call out for volunteers to help in the smooth running of our race day will be made in early November, via our partners at KWA, with volunteer help welcomed at Rottnest Island (approx. 8 spots) and at Leighton Beach (approx. 15 spots). More info to follow.

FYI: If you click on www.lighthouse2leigthon and are directed to the 2018 website, you likely will need to clear your cache/ or simply click here: www.cvent.com/d/1yqyp0

cauncy
WA, 7541 posts
7 Oct 2019 1:07PM
Thumbs Up

Any wind wing categories,

L2L
188 posts
7 Oct 2019 3:01PM
Thumbs Up

Nope, not this year, still a bit too experimental and I doubt anyone/ enough # to make a race of it would get the 100 hours of experience on water time up as yet/ in time for December!

And, as I'm sure it would be asked, if we were to let 'wind wing riders' in, then, shouldn't we be letting windsurfers in ... !? All in all there are only 150 spots and every year we have received over 200 nominations...

I in fact like wind surfers :-) and 'can do it' ... the L2L is though a kiteboarding/ foiling race!!!

PS: please if you are going to enter the 'Foil/ Race' category and intend to use a Foilboard, please be sure that you have 100 + hours of specific foiling experience and can very competently sail off the breeze/ broad reach happily.

cauncy
WA, 7541 posts
7 Oct 2019 3:11PM
Thumbs Up

Was taking the piss, but thanks for the response

lotofwind
NSW, 5380 posts
7 Oct 2019 6:32PM
Thumbs Up

^^^ I thought you were asking on behalf of causehecan
Now that he is hooked on his wind wing, seems he's too embarrassed to post on seabreeze kite forum anymore, but fits right in over in the poledancer section, they have taken him under their "wing" ,,,,,,,,,pun?

ReefWalker
WA, 90 posts
7 Oct 2019 5:54PM
Thumbs Up

Rotto swim thru in the morning and L2L in the afternoon.

Orange Whip
QLD, 651 posts
7 Oct 2019 8:20PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
lotofwind said..
^^^ I thought you were asking on behalf of causehecan
Now that he is hooked on his wind wing, seems he's too embarrassed to post on seabreeze kite forum anymore, but fits right in over in the poledancer section, they have taken him under their "wing" ,,,,,,,,,pun?

Hahahahhah, you're so witty and intelligent, love your comments.

lotofwind
NSW, 5380 posts
7 Oct 2019 10:30PM
Thumbs Up

thanks, I love you to, but not they way you would like me to,, sorry

Aspiremr
WA, 89 posts
7 Oct 2019 8:04PM
Thumbs Up

Woohoo, favourite day of the year Fingers crossed for a spot.

L2L
188 posts
Friday , 11 Oct 2019 6:14PM
Thumbs Up

Good news! As at Friday night we are 111 entries received, so 74% full.

wishy
WA, 1395 posts
Friday , 11 Oct 2019 9:04PM
Thumbs Up

The foil pigs will be absolutely chomping at the bit. There's a decent number of guys in Perth now who can absolutely haul arse on a hydrofoil.

One year soon someone is going to ride straight up the sand and hit dingo flour.

SaveTheWhales
WA, 1684 posts
Saturday , 12 Oct 2019 7:27AM
Thumbs Up

They better Hope Olly Bridges Mum hasn't got faster - she already beat most of them

A credit to all mums who let the males rant and rave

FOT
WA, 98 posts
2 hours ago , 16 Oct 2019 11:37PM
Thumbs Up

When will spots be announced?

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"The 2019 Red Bull Lighthouse to Leighton - Edition 10 !" started by L2L