Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

2014 North Vario Footstraps

Created by Calvin6m > 9 months ago, 28 Apr 2014
Calvin6m
WA, 77 posts
28 Apr 2014 4:55PM
Thumbs Up

Hey
Not a review but I'd like to see peoples opinions on these straps.
I ride boots but i thought i'd get some straps to compliment my quiver.
These are cheap at $99, obviously not as good as the NTTs but are the Vario's still ok?
I have heard the old ones had issues with them not tightening but has it been fixed?
I thought I might get some heelstraps aswell.
Thanks

Also, if you have some used NTTs or other good binding I'd be happy to take them off you hands.

Gilly3
QLD, 794 posts
28 Apr 2014 7:21PM
Thumbs Up

Hey Calvin,
I have the 2013 North NTT's and can't speak highly enough of them. Have had them on my board for around 18 mths now with absolutely no dramas.
Don't know what size foot u have but, I found this in the buy and sell section.

www.seabreeze.com.au/Classifieds/Kitesurfing-Shop%20Specials/~ay611/2013-North-Entity-FootpadStrapsSmall.aspx?search=R$Eg3CNmZCdhh$FAVHjtfA==

Cheers

Calvin6m
WA, 77 posts
28 Apr 2014 6:07PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Gilly3 said..

Hey Calvin,
I have the 2013 North NTT's and can't speak highly enough of them. Have had them on my board for around 18 mths now with absolutely no dramas.
Don't know what size foot u have but, I found this in the buy and sell section.

www.seabreeze.com.au/Classifieds/Kitesurfing-Shop%20Specials/~ay611/2013-North-Entity-FootpadStrapsSmall.aspx?search=R$Eg3CNmZCdhh$FAVHjtfA==

Cheers

yeah, i've seen them but i need the large size.

Drury
NSW, 502 posts
1 May 2014 12:28PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Calvin6m said..

Hey
These are cheap at $99, obviously not as good as the NTTs but are the Vario's still ok?
I have heard the old ones had issues with them not tightening but has it been fixed?
Thanks

Also, if you have some used NTTs or other good binding I'd be happy to take them off you hands.

No straps. Boots.

Calvin6m
WA, 77 posts
1 May 2014 5:27PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Drury said..

Calvin6m said..

Hey
Thanks

No straps. Boots.

Already bought some used NTTs

Some times I just find boots are impractical and sometimes I find I waste a lot of time mucking around with them. Thought it would be good to get a good pair of straps for when I don't feel like trying the latest trick.

Big eeeZeee
NSW, 1100 posts
2 May 2014 12:44AM
Thumbs Up

boots do take a while to adjust to but you're better off sticking with them. You'll find you actually spend more time body dragging for your board than stuffing around with boots.

Calvin6m
WA, 77 posts
2 May 2014 5:30PM
Thumbs Up

yeah, I dont plan on riding straps all the time i just wanted to get some. Thought it would be nice to get a bit of variety and they would be nice for when the winds light.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"2014 North Vario Footstraps" started by Calvin6m