Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

Armstrong 232 stabalizer mod

Created by dafish > 9 months ago, 20 Nov 2020
dafish
NSW, 1631 posts
20 Nov 2020 5:32PM
Thumbs Up

Having put enough time on my new ride HS1250 and the 232 stab there were a couple things I wasn't getting when I switched over from my last setup. The turns were not as consistently smooth and tight as I hoped, but in fairness the front wing is a tad large for kiting foiling, especially in the mid to high teens. Saying that I rode this setup in 25 to 30 knots yesterday on a 4 Reo and could manage it most of the time. A few beat downs came my way. Today I did the mod hoping to improve and smooth the arc of the turn. I used a 4 inch angle grinder with a slimline ss cutting wheel, and then refined the shape with a random orbital, and then hand finished the foils. Total time, around 20 minutes start to finish. And the result? Winner. For me and my style of riding, this smoothed and tightened the ride big time. Transitions are now smooth again. I realize that it takes time to learn a whole new setup, but having chatted with Dojo about it last week and the improvements he felt, (though he was using a different front wing) I jumped in and hacked away. It's a pretty easy job. Glad I did it. Looking forward to trying some other front wings that are on their way.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"Armstrong 232 stabalizer mod" started by dafish