18 May 2016 8:20PM
Thumbs Up

Yes....for rope trim.
Thankyou.

JKimbler
317 posts
29 Sep 2016 3:02PM
Thumbs Up

Just ordered a v8 this afternoon, then stumbled upon this thread. Is removing the grommet and filing the hole smooth adequate? Wonder if it was on sale because people keep breaking the rope. Might have to just order the pro surf bar thingy too because I'm a jumper and am a bit sketched out on trusting the rope after reading this thread. Thanks.

JKimbler
317 posts
29 Sep 2016 3:25PM
Thumbs Up

OK just found the HD assembly in the states. I'll order that bad boy right now...

JKimbler
317 posts
29 Sep 2016 3:52PM
Thumbs Up

Ok now I feel better about the rope. Having trouble finding the prosurf bar for the V8 XW in Hawai'i or US mainland shops, didn't see it on the Jaystore site either. Is the XT version the same one? I'm sure I'll end up using the rope but I'd like to try both.

Kamikuza
QLD, 6493 posts
29 Sep 2016 6:29PM
Thumbs Up

I'll bet dollars to donuts that I'm heavier than you and I jump all the time too. My grommets got mangled from day one and the rope never broke there. Finally wore mine out in the center--literally, wore out while riding, leaving the underlying spliced rope for me to ride in on...

The XT vs the XW: the XW "wave" frame is the one in the pic, the XT has more material between the rails. Jay assured me both will be fine for my fat ass to ride and jump with, but I went with the XT again.

I think those shackles are an optional extra...

JKimbler
317 posts
29 Sep 2016 4:53PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks Kamikuza, was just getting a little nervous about the thing breaking on me, pretty stoked to try it out. I did order the shackles, mainly for peace of mind.

Kamikuza
QLD, 6493 posts
29 Sep 2016 8:01PM
Thumbs Up

Assuming the rope doesn't break, worst case scenario is the spreader bar bends and you get a bit squished...

JKimbler
317 posts
4 Oct 2016 4:00AM
Thumbs Up

First session with the stock V8 Dynabar yesterday, I really like it. I got used to it pretty quick (I normally let my harness slide around) and forgot it was there. I think going back to a fixed hook is when you would really notice how good the dynabar is. Cool product, I'll keep an eye on the wear and tear of the rope. I have the little shackle setup coming too, I'll probably just keep it stock and use that as my first replacement. Thanks for the info.

jaystore
53 posts
6 Oct 2016 8:24PM
Thumbs Up

Now it's time to train and jump like Cynthia does

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"Dynabar" started by Kamikuza