Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

Mystic 2023 Stealth Harness defect - Kite knife keeps falling out

Created by AzDawg 5 months ago, 6 Feb 2024
AzDawg
WA, 11 posts
6 Feb 2024 10:04PM
Thumbs Up

I have the Mystic 2023 Stealth Harness - there is a new design for the kite knife pock on the harness. Instead of having velcro it just slots in.

This new design appears to be defective based on my experience . 2 Knives have fallen out, and I don't fall that hard. I have just bought a 3rd one (so spend $90 so far). This time I have secured it with some string that will hold if it falls out. North Kiteboarding Group has refused to compensate me despite this being a design flaw in their harness as far as I can tell. Has anyone else had this experience with kite knives falling out from this model of harness???? Please share. I suspect many people are experiencing this issue.

I think North should be held accountable - please do share.

AzDawg
WA, 11 posts
7 Feb 2024 12:41PM
Thumbs Up

I confirm - after another follow-up North is doing the right thing and reimbursing me for the last knife purchased. Shouldn't happen again now that I have secured it with other means - a bit of a pain - but fairly minor in the scheme of things.

Froth Goth
657 posts
7 Feb 2024 7:38PM
Thumbs Up

New north owns mystic?!

Gorgo
VIC, 4960 posts
8 Feb 2024 7:13AM
Thumbs Up

I have the same problem. After I lost the first knife I added a length of 2mm bungee to leash the knife. The length of the bungee sits inside the buckle cover.

The knife stays in the pocket through most crashes. It only comes out if I end up bumping against the board while milling about in the water.

It's incredibly dumb that the harness is about as perfect as you can get but the knife pocket is so poorly thought out.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"Mystic 2023 Stealth Harness defect - Kite knife keeps falling out" started by AzDawg